PDA

View Full Version : Future of Centerpoint

ElfWord
30 October 2002, 12:12 PM
I'm just wondering what people think is going to happen with centerpoint. I mean, it's the only superweapon left in the galaxy that we know for certain exists. So do you think Thracken Sal-Solo will use it to acheive a dictatorship over an independent Corellian system? Will it be destroyed? Modernized?
There's always lots of options with a superweapon.

wolverine
30 October 2002, 12:21 PM
Actually i would love for it to get used as a travel device (which is what i understand it was ment for initially), and maybe use this to go to the vong home system...

Dan Kyrinov
30 October 2002, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by wolverine
Actually i would love for it to get used as a travel device (which is what i understand it was ment for initially), and maybe use this to go to the vong home system...

That would be really cool! The next series could be 'Star Wars: A Galaxy Apart' and feature the Jedi finally getting to do the Outbound Flight Project that they always wanted to do.

In the immediate future, I think Corellia is going to sit on that thing until they get it fixed. Then I'll bet they start shooting things with it. Jim Luceno brought it back, and if I understand right Mr. Luceno is writing the final book. So I would bet he has something in mind for it.

Nova Spice
30 October 2002, 04:52 PM
So do you think Thracken Sal-Solo will use it to acheive a dictatorship over an independent Corellian system?

Hard to say Elfword, but from what I understand the e-book Ylesia supposedly brought about a change for Thrackan Sal-Solo. It appears that Sal-Solo is now the new leader of the Peace Brigade or at least a member. I never read Ylesia but I read the preview and Sal-Solo had joined the Peace Brigaders, so I wonder if he even has control in the Corellian System anymore?

Good question at any rate. ;)

ElfWord
2 November 2002, 11:14 AM
Do the YV have any really powerful explosive type stuff? Because Centerpoint is huge, so it would take a long time to just keep firing away at it with plasma guns. And it's not an organic world so they couldn't Vong-form it or anything. I don't think we've seen a YV superweapon out there? lol, maybe they have a really big grutchin or something.

Rouge8
2 November 2002, 07:51 PM
Do the YV have any really powerful explosive type stuff?
I think that they have some very big explosives. I might find some in Star By Star or Destiny's Way. I read them already, but I am going to reread Destinys Way.

Maybe the station will reactivate and put the planets back.