PDA

View Full Version : NJO Force Heretic 1 Remnant [SPOILER WARNING]

Darth Jerrod
30 October 2002, 07:36 PM
This is from the entry in the Previews book from my local comic shop

STAR WARS:
New Jedi Order Force Heretic 1 - Remnant

From the ashes of the New Republic - torn to shreds by the savage Yuuzhan Vong Forces - The newly formed Galactic Alliance has risen, determined to bring peace to the entire galaxy.

But first the Yuuzhan Vong must be contained once and for all. And so Luke Skywalker seeks a world long lost to legend: Zonama Sekot, a sentient planet believed to have repelled a Yuuzhan Vong invaision decades ago.

Aboard the Jade Shadow, luke his wife Mara, Jacen Solo, and other Jedi head off into the Unknown Regions, where rumors and clues suggest Zomana Sekot might be found.

Yet the mission has barely begun when the searchers stumble upon the Imperial Remnant on the verge of being destroyed by the mighty Yuuzhan Vong. It would seem that the Jade Shadow have little choice but too leave the Empire to its fate. But these are no ordinary space travelers...they are Jedi!

Nova Spice
30 October 2002, 07:58 PM
Yet the mission has barely begun when the searchers stumble upon the Imperial Remnant on the verge of being destroyed by the mighty Yuuzhan Vong. It would seem that the Jade Shadow have little choice but too leave the Empire to its fate. But these are no ordinary space travelers...they are Jedi!

Ha! I called it! When I opened up Destiny's Way, the updated galaxy map had a Yuuzhan Vong invasion arrow pointing to the Imperial Remnant; this was the first time such a thing had appeared in the galaxy map, so it caught me offguard! Looks like the Empire is going to clash with the Vong, but not in the way I was hoping. :(

Thanks for the sneak peek Jerrod. ;) B)

Darth Jerrod
30 October 2002, 08:00 PM
How were you hoping that the Empire would clash with the Vong?

Nova Spice
31 October 2002, 08:17 PM
After reading Destiny's Way, I was hoping that Pellaeon would attempt to cut off Vong supply lines and possibly attempt to retake worlds such as Agamar and Ithor (which would reopen hyperspace routes from New Republic space to Remnant space).

Looks like the Imps are gonna be fighting for their lives though. It'll be interesting to see how things proceed. ;)

Darth Jerrod
31 October 2002, 09:55 PM
I figured that the Imps would get thier butts kicked. In the end I believe that the Imps will get absorbed into the Galactic Alliance. I forsee the moffs getting killed.

Ardent
1 November 2002, 09:22 AM
Actually Nova, I called it. ;)

I said the Imps would get smashed just as bad as the New Republic. Repeatedly. So nyeh.

Paul Klein
4 November 2002, 05:36 PM
Galactic Alliance? 8o

Does anyone have any info on the GA?

Darth Jerrod
4 November 2002, 07:15 PM
umm yeah I do.

It is what the New Republic becomes in the book Force Heretic which is not out yet.

It was hinted that they were gonna dump the New Republic name in the last book since they concidered the New Republic essentially dead.