PDA

View Full Version : Mandalorians or other Jedi enemies

ElfWord
31 October 2002, 09:13 AM
In the Old Republic era, I'm wondering if there would have been any mandalorian warriors left.
The Jedi may have mostly vanquished the Sith, but I'm wondering who the Jedi might still be in conflict with at this point.

Also, do you think that Jedi are always feeling the force around them? I mean, if something like a Yuuzhan Vong warrior entered the temple in an ooglith masquer, would they instantly notice the empty spot in the force?

Prof. Tricky
31 October 2002, 12:14 PM
Well,it depends on your time period(not era,mind you).The Mandalorians were still strong until a Jedi massacre on the icy Galidran (about 20 years before Ep.2),with Jango Fett the only survivor.In answer to your other question,a Jedi might feel the presence of a Yuuzhan Vong,but since they create no disturbance,it is less likely they will notice them without effort.

Ronin
1 November 2002, 08:05 PM
There`s also the Stennes Shifters, though the Jedi`s crusade all but wiped them out a good few millenia before Ep1 etc...

ElfWord
10 November 2002, 06:06 PM
Ronin, do you have any more information on who or what the Stennes Shifters were?

Trevor Vanth
8 December 2002, 12:28 PM
Regarding Mandalorians, you also need to decide if you want to take the old Marvel continuity into consideration (which, you may want to do, given that references to more and more of those stories are making their way into current continuity).

If you do, then two others sporting Mandalorian armor survived into the Galactic Civil War era--Fenn Shysa and Tobi Dala. Their stories of the Mandalorians should be taken with the proverbial grain of salt, however, as Shysa claimed the two of them, alongside Boba Fett, were akin to police on Mandalore.

I suppose, with current continuity taken into account, they could have been part of Jaster Mareel's mercenary squad (or children of members who took on their fathers' armor) who spun a nicer version of their history for Leia's ears.