PDA

View Full Version : A Number of Things... (Possible Spoilers in Answers)

Iain Kysler, Jedi Apprentice
31 October 2002, 05:22 PM
Okay. First, how are the Jedi being used once the NR has fallen, or been driven back from Coruscant? Are they reinforcing the military or being used as commanders, like Yoda was at Geonosis? I've got four Jedi characters (myself included) looking to do something after Coruscant falls. Right now, everybody is focusing on building their lightsabers and training for the coming assault (everybody KNOWS it's coming...), but what happens afterward? I know Jaina goes off to the Hapan Cluster, and I know Jacen received training about the Living Force (true or false) from Vergere, but what are the rest of the Jedi doing? yes, I'm asking for a spoiler here, so if you don't want to know, don't read on.

Second: I've been thinking about a mission in which the Jedi get cut off from the NR for a while, and have to divert to a planet in the Imperial Remnant. Would they be able to divert there, would the Imperials thrown them out, and if not, how would they be received?

Third: Okay. What about the Jedi starfighter squadrons that were being formed? How many were there, and what types of fighters were they given? XJ3 models or what?

Fourth: The Jedi Council...how many Jedi are one it, and does it have the same purpose it did back in the days of the Old Republic? Who are the Jedi on the new council?

Thanks!

Ardent
31 October 2002, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Iain Kysler, Jedi Apprentice
Okay. First, how are the Jedi being used once the NR has fallen, or been driven back from Coruscant? Are they reinforcing the military or being used as commanders, like Yoda was at Geonosis? I've got four Jedi characters (myself included) looking to do something after Coruscant falls. Right now, everybody is focusing on building their lightsabers and training for the coming assault (everybody KNOWS it's coming...), but what happens afterward? I know Jaina goes off to the Hapan Cluster, and I know Jacen received training about the Living Force (true or false) from Vergere, but what are the rest of the Jedi doing? yes, I'm asking for a spoiler here, so if you don't want to know, don't read on.

Well, initially the Jedi weren't being used, except in attempts to pacify the Yuuzhan Vong (by turning the Jedi over to them). This has slowly changed, and the Jedi are being employed as part of regular NR military units. After Coruscant falls, most Jedi are a) wandering around doing Jedi stuff or b) serving with Traest Kre'fey's taskforce.

Second: I've been thinking about a mission in which the Jedi get cut off from the NR for a while, and have to divert to a planet in the Imperial Remnant. Would they be able to divert there, would the Imperials thrown them out, and if not, how would they be received?

Pellaeon is not stupid, but this is going to depend on who the Jedi reach first. A young, ambitious officer or an old, embittered officer. The chances for refuge are about 50/50. Pellaeon would likely welcome a few Jedi, young as they may be, on Bastion -- as long as it was kept quiet.

Third: Okay. What about the Jedi starfighter squadrons that were being formed? How many were there, and what types of fighters were they given? XJ3 models or what?

Most Jedi are part of existing squadrons, but a Jedi Squadron (Saba Sebatyne's Wild Knights) exist thru Destiny's Way (and are unlikely to be broken up). It's a hodge-podge of ships, including one Skipray Blastboat and a range of other starfighters. Jaina Solo commands Twin Suns squadron, with Tesar Sebatyne and Lowbacca her flight leaders. Corran Horn is flying with Rogue Squadron, Kyp Durron has re-formed his Dozen.

Fourth: The Jedi Council...how many Jedi are one it, and does it have the same purpose it did back in the days of the Old Republic? Who are the Jedi on the new council?

There are six Jedi, and six non-Jedi on the Jedi Council. It has the same purpose (policing and assigning missions to Jedi willing to submit to its authority). The Jedi are Luke Skywalker, Kyp Durron, Kenth Hamner, Saba Sebatyne, Cilghal and Tresina Lobi. The non-Jedi are Cal Omas, Chief of State, Dif Scaur, Director of NRI, Sien Sovv, Supreme Military Commander, Senator Triebakk, Senator Ta'laam Ranth, and the Minister of State, Releqy A'Kla.

Iain Kysler, Jedi Apprentice
31 October 2002, 08:25 PM
Thanks a bunch, Ardent. I was kind of thinking along those lines, but, having not read up to Destiny's Way yet (I'm actually working my way through the whole series right now), I wasn't sure. The only problem is, the characters who are Jedi right now are unable to purchase their own starfighters for the moment, so we've been thinking about buying a ship as a group (one big freighter with maybe a pair of fighters or something to that effect).

Another slight complication is that we've got a VERY loudmouthed and 'tough guy'-type smuggler who has about twenty different warrants out on his head, but is basically a good guy (his creator modeled him after Dash Rendar). His only problem is that if he sees a bar...well, I hope they're well-stocked. He's actually got to make a Willpower save (at his own request) to avoid going into a bar!:D Talk about funny!

Ardent
31 October 2002, 08:33 PM
Another slight complication is that we've got a VERY loudmouthed and 'tough guy'-type smuggler who has about twenty different warrants out on his head, but is basically a good guy (his creator modeled him after Dash Rendar). His only problem is that if he sees a bar...well, I hope they're well-stocked. He's actually got to make a Willpower save (at his own request) to avoid going into a bar!:D Talk about funny!

We had 'Spice.' Spice was a loud-mouth brash (but capable) scoundrel who had to make Willpower (D6) and later Will (d20) saves to resist getting spiced up. They're amusing characters, but it starts to get old for everyone if it occurs too often.

By the way, you're welcome.

Craig Feely
16 November 2002, 09:35 AM

I think I must've missed the release of the XJ3 class X-wing. Or were you asking if they were actually in service? I remember the XJ2 from a few books ago. If the XJ3 IS out, does anyone know the stats (d6/d20) and description of the upgrades?

Nova Spice
16 November 2002, 05:58 PM
I think I must've missed the release of the XJ3 class X-wing. Or were you asking if they were actually in service? I remember the XJ2 from a few books ago. If the XJ3 IS out, does anyone know the stats (d6/d20) and description of the upgrades?

They can be found on pg. 140 of the New Jedi Order Sourcebook. I think they made their first appearance in Star by Star, for that's the chapter it is under.

Hope that helps. ;)

Craig Feely
22 November 2002, 08:01 PM
Hey, thanks a bunch! I must've totally missed that one!!! Does anyone have any kind of stats for these?? They would be much appreciated!!!!