PDA

View Full Version : The Antilles Clan...

Reverend Strone
2 November 2002, 12:57 PM
Here's a poser for the group-

What are the relationships (if any) between all the various Antilles folks mentioned in the SW movies?

In the classic trilogy we had good old Wedge Antilles.

In ANH Threepio mentions Captain Raymus Antilles (also called Colton Antilles depending on what source you look at) as being his last master. Presumably he was the Captain of Tantive IV.

In TPM we have Alderaanian Senator Bail Antilles mentioned as one of the candidates nominated to succeed Valorum. I'm right in assuming he's distinct from Bail Organa (from AOTC) aren't I? I wonder whether Bail might perhaps be a title rather than a first name if both Senators possess it- though it could of course just be a popular Alderaanian name. I digress.

Are any of the Antilles clanners mentioned above related to eachother I wondered?

Then there is of course the EU.

From various EU sources we have xenoarchaeologist Corellia Antilles (is she related to Wedge?), and also Wedge's EU family- his olds Jagged[/i} and [I]Zena Antilles, famous sister Syal Antilles, and his daughters Syal (II) and Myri Antilles.

Listing them all that's quite a collection. are there any others, and if so, how do they fit in to the Antilles line?

Faraer
2 November 2002, 04:39 PM
http://www.starwars.com/community/askjc/steve/askjc20000717.html

And here are Bail Antilles (who also appears in Cloak of Deception) and Bail Organa together: http://www.holonetnews.com/48/news/13321_3.html

Sorry for the short reply to the long post, but I don't have much to add. Discuss away . . .

Reverend Strone
2 November 2002, 04:41 PM
Well, that pretty much answers everything right there in one tidy package.

Thanks for the link Faraer! :)

Kryl'thar
11 November 2002, 02:24 PM
It's been my understanding that the name Antilles is like Smith or Jones in our universe. So unless its specifically stated that two characters are related in some way, then I wouldn't assume that two characters are connected.

Reverend Strone
11 November 2002, 03:41 PM
Yep- that's pretty much what the link above says too.