PDA

View Full Version : GM myself right into a corner...

Talon Razor 'GM'
2 November 2002, 08:23 PM
Hi. I am a new GM, new to SWRPG and RPG in general. I have been a storyteller for years, telling a constanaly evoleing story. I am also a writer (well, attempting at it anyway).
Anyhoo, I have recently had a group of 4 start. Our first session they got into a bar fight, saved an Imperial officer, robbed a store, shot-up stormtroopers and we stopped with them in a Imperial CCS outside the store, a policechekz speeder behind them. I think they are going to head toward the starport.

The question is, where do I go from here? Have the shipjack and leave system? Chase them into the wild? (They are an Ord Mantell, BTW) One idea was that they find a band in the wild and join them. I had a plan mapped out but... was not expexting them to rob a store that soon. (It was right by the Imperial District Office, of course) Origanally was going to have them fall into the criminal underworld and find a big Cartel getting ready to take on the Empire.

Any help would be apprieacted.

Talon Razer

farr0095
3 November 2002, 02:50 AM
Talon,

You really have everything still open to you:

- The local Imperial magistrate may capture them and demand that they start working for him in exchange for 'freedom'.
- Perhaps the Imperial officer they saved feels that he owes them a debt of gratitude and allows them to leave the planet unscathed if they get caught... only to never return again and to realize that he had paid off his debt.
- They walk themselves into a corner/trap and face overwhelming odds against several squads of Stormtroopers, with another squad arriving every few rounds. When they are filled with despair, a hidden door opens behind them and they are rescued by the Rebel Alliance Cell in that city.
- Allow them to make it off-world and you still have everything open to you. You can get them to the next adventure via distress call, hyperdrive malfunction, preprogrammed hyperspace jump, sabotage, etc.

I think the question is, where do you see your campaign going overall? What do you want to have happen?

Consul Vido
3 November 2002, 07:09 PM
I particularly like the first idea posted by farr0095. You could conceivably have said officer secretly running a criminal organization, while using his Imperial power to shield his subordinates from Imperial investigations.

This magistrate could be in it for the credits, the additional power, or he could be hoping to set himself up as a local dictator, the possibilities are endless.

Talon Razor 'GM'
3 November 2002, 09:59 PM
I like it. I think I am going to use it. Thanks guys!! Now know where to go with the GM.