PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Council in Episode 3?

Mad Tech
3 November 2002, 09:55 AM
Anyone have a hypothesis on who might be on the Jedi High Council in Episode 3? Only a handful of the Council survived the beginning of the Clone Wars. Would they filled the open seats and be back up to 12 members or would the Council be much smaller with only Yoda, Windu, and a few others? There will likely be a lot fewer Jedi by Episode 3, so there might not be enough good candidates for positions on the Council.

Mad Tech

ElfWord
3 November 2002, 10:16 AM
Although I haven't seen Episode II yet, I would think that the Jedi Council would be back up to 12 members. It makes sense to me that there would still be 12 strong, experienced Jedi left that could lead. Perhaps Obi-Wan will be on it, depending on how much he has learned in the ways of the force between Episode II and III. As for there not being many Jedi left, it would make sense that those whom are the most powerful would still be alive.

ElfBoyM
3 November 2002, 11:32 AM
I agree, I feel that Obi-Wan will ahve a seat on the Council, porbably something temporary though, similar to what Ki-Adi Mundi had.
Maybe we'll see some EU characters like Kimg Empatrayos (who knows in I spelled that right) Brand.

Vreel Kudarin
3 November 2002, 11:40 AM
I agree with Elfword, I think the Council would be back up to 12 members by Episode III, but they will likely have less experience than their predeccesors. I also think it's possible that Obi-Wan could be on the Council - although perhaps that's how he survives, by shunning the position in favour of hiding Padme's children and then becoming a hermit. According to Leia in Episode IV, Obi-Wan was a General during the Clone Wars, and he "served" Bail Organa. Presumably this means he will have command over a detachment of clone troopers (and that he defends Bail from Separtists, perhaps). That amount of authority would seem to fit in with at least being offered a place on the Council.

I doubt we'll see any EU characters, since we know how funny Lucas is about the EU.

BrianDavion
3 November 2002, 12:51 PM
well on one hand lucas trashes it, on another he includes a EU char in the genosis area battle. that blue twi'lek chick (not that I'm complaining *drools*:)

Ardent
3 November 2002, 05:48 PM
Well, the Jedi Council was necessarily transient at all times. I doubt Obi-Wan will garner a spot on the Council at this point, or ever really: he's a man of action, not contemplation. I think the key is the two senior members (Yoda and Mace) survived, so the Jedi Council will remain the same at it's core.

I'm pretty sure there will be twelve Jedi on the Council in Episode III.

Reverend Strone
3 November 2002, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Mad Tech
Only a handful of the Council survived the beginning of the Clone Wars.

Really? I didn't know that. Where did you learn that? Is there a list somewhere of who got rubbed out and how?

hisham
3 November 2002, 09:10 PM
Well, the only Council Member to have clearly been killed in the Geonosis battle was Coleman Trebor, and even then Rob Coleman said in his interview something in the lines of, "Hey! Did we see him hit the ground dead?" Although that might be wishful thinking on his part :)

Otherwise, I too would like to know if other Councillors bought the moisture farm during the Clone Wars.

ALFRED_THE_EWOK
3 November 2002, 10:30 PM
I would find it hard to believe that a large number of council members would bite the dust, considering they seem to be more of the type to meditate the day away and not the type to go out to kick ass and take names.

Codym
4 November 2002, 12:03 AM
One person who probably shouldn't be on the council in Episode 3 is Yoda.

Before I get flamed, hear me out. Yoda is one of the most powerful and influential members of the Jedi. He is well known to the Sith and a dangerous adversary. Yet he survives the purge.

Somehow he manages to find a quiet little home on Dagobah without the Emperor tearing up the galaxy looking for him. My guess is that he leaves before the purge and fakes his death. I'm not sure how he would pull it off, because it needs to be really convincing to fool someone like Palpatine. But I guess if anyone can do it, Yoda can.

I was actually expecting him to quit in Episode 2, allowing enough time for him to fall into obscurity before the big finale. I guess we'll find out in 2005.

Vreel Kudarin
4 November 2002, 09:41 AM
According to POTJ, the Council members specifically described as being killed at Geonosis are: Eeth Koth, the Zabrak Jedi Master; as was Saesee Tiin, the Iktotchi Jedi Master/pilot.

Plo Koon (the Kel Dor), is described as "one of the few Council members to survive the battle".

strensk
4 November 2002, 12:31 PM
I think it will be back up to 12 members.

Some of these will probably some of the more arrogant Jedi who will probably side more with Palpatine and unwittingly bring about the purge.

I think Yoda will be on some kind of special mission and either presumed dead when it fails.

Kobayashi_Maru
7 November 2002, 12:31 PM
I kinda hope that through the Jedi role in the Clone Wars, the manipulations of Sideous, and the actions of Anikin their won't be much room for the Jedi Council.

sebulba524
11 November 2002, 12:29 PM
They said that they messed up in PotJ cause they didn't have updated info. SaeSee made it, and I think Eeth did too. Like it was already said, you never see any of them specifically die, and there were a lot who were just wounded.

Vreel Kudarin
12 November 2002, 08:34 AM
Oh, what source said POTJ is incorrect in the Council member deaths? At the end of Episode II, the Jedi Council Chamber is looking particularly devoid of Masters. Obi-Wan told Dooku that he's going to pay for all the Jedi that were dying at Geonosis. This would seem to suggest that maybe one or two Council members were killed.

If the official official official word is that no Council members were slain, I think a great chance for the Jedi Purge (proper) to begin subtley has been missed, especially as 'Sidious' was picking off the odd Jedi here and there even before the Battle of Naboo.

sebulba524
12 November 2002, 11:24 AM
Did you also notice the council chamber was missing all it's chairs? I think it was supposed to be just a meeting between Mace, Yoda, and Obi-Wan, because there were no chairs in there. I forget where I saw the correction for PotJ, but it was on either the Wizards site or the Official site, maybe even this one. You also should note they put the picture of a different Zabrak for Eeth Koth. And you see SaeSee Tinn in the survivor ring at the end, and they said he died. He may have died afterward, but he's listed as a survivor. You also don't know how many were just wounded, and were healing at the end of the movie.

ElfWord
12 November 2002, 12:35 PM
Codym, I think that you might be wrong about Yoda not being on the Jedi Council in Episode III. I doubt that Palpatine would be tearing the galaxy apart looking for Yoda, because as long as Yoda is in a position where he can't do anything, Palpy probably wouldn't care that much. Besides, After so many battles, and so many Jedi being hunted down and killed, if no one can find him, they'd have to assume he's dead.

Reverend Strone
12 November 2002, 12:51 PM
You also should note they put the picture of a different Zabrak for Eeth Koth.

Actually that is the correct picture. Eeth Koth was portrayed by a different actor in Eps 1 & 2. The actor shown portrayed the character as he appeared in Ep 2.

Codym
12 November 2002, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by ElfWord
Codym, I think that you might be wrong about Yoda not being on the Jedi Council in Episode III. I doubt that Palpatine would be tearing the galaxy apart looking for Yoda, because as long as Yoda is in a position where he can't do anything, Palpy probably wouldn't care that much. Besides, After so many battles, and so many Jedi being hunted down and killed, if no one can find him, they'd have to assume he's dead.

I am actually assuming that is what will actually happen, though I'd prefer my version simply because of the power and influence Yoda wields, it would be hard for him to simply "drop of the face of the galaxy."

I just find it hard to believe someone as smart as Palpatine would let any of the Jedi Council go unaccounted for. Still you may be right, all will be revelled in 2005.

sebulba524
12 November 2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Reverend Strone

Actually that is the correct picture. Eeth Koth was portrayed by a different actor in Eps 1 & 2. The actor shown portrayed the character as he appeared in Ep 2.

Wow. That's what I get for not checkin the credits.

Reverend Strone
12 November 2002, 03:32 PM
Don't sweat it man- I made the same mistake in an earlier thread. He looks so different I always figured it was a new character, but it turns out I was wrong about that. Just passing it along.

:)

hisham
12 November 2002, 04:31 PM
The Zabrak at the Battle of Geonosis is not the esteemed Master Eeth Koth, but another darker skinned Jedi called Agen Kolar. For a list of Jedi still on their feet at the end of the Geonosian arena combat, take a gander at this page (http://www.starwars.com/community/askjc/jocasta/askjc20020903.html)

(pause)

I have way too much trivia in my head. Is this healthy, Rev?:D

Reverend Strone
12 November 2002, 04:47 PM
None of us are healthy hish! Otherwise we probably wouldn't be here all day.:D

Thanks for the correction man, and my apologies sebulba524 for giving you inaccurate information. I was basing mine on what I was told here- turns out my original assertion all those threads ago might have been correct after all.

Thanks again hisham.

hisham
12 November 2002, 04:52 PM
... Barriss Offee didn't make it?

:(

I'm her number one fan.

Rouge8
12 November 2002, 06:02 PM
I think that I read somewhere that she survived, just not one who was standing unharmed.

Rouge8
12 November 2002, 06:07 PM
These do not represent all the survivors of Geonosis arena battle, as some of the Jedi that fell in the arena did not die from their wounds.

Found it!

Ardent
12 November 2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by hisham
I'm her number one fan.

I think Dan Kyrinov would disagree with you. ;)

Dan Kyrinov
12 November 2002, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Ardent
I think Dan Kyrinov would disagree with you. ;)

I am a fan of Bariss Offee, even argued why she looks better than Natalie Portman a handful of times. She's a great book character too. I almost sobbed with relief when Starwars.com posted that she survived the battle. Maybe she or Luminara will become part of the Jedi Council?

ElfWord
13 November 2002, 10:55 AM
The Jedi don't seem to be very female-heavy. Were there any females on the Jedi Council in Episode II?

Codym
13 November 2002, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by ElfWord
The Jedi don't seem to be very female-heavy. Were there any females on the Jedi Council in Episode II?

There are at least females on the Jedi Council in Episode II, the same number I believe as in Episode I. They are Adi Galia, Depa Billaba and Shaak Ti (replacing Yaddle.)

Rouge8
13 November 2002, 06:06 PM
Shakk Ti was on the Council? I thought Yaddle had a long term post. But, perhaps I was wrong.

Reverend Strone
13 November 2002, 06:26 PM
Yaddle may have done, but she certainly isn't anywhere to be seen in Ep II, whereas Shaak Ti is clearly visible during the council scenes in the movie. Perhaps she's a recent addition?

Rouge8
13 November 2002, 06:31 PM
I guess you are right. I thought I saw Yaddle.
Anyone see Bant, Obi-Wan's Mon Cal freind? Did she live.
Maybe she will be on the Council (hopes fish-heads will be in Episode 3)

Codym
13 November 2002, 08:10 PM
No actual Mon Cals appear in episode 2 (I kno,w I know - better watch some other DVD at some point.)

Rouge8
14 November 2002, 05:57 PM
No actual Mon Cals appear in episode 2
I saw a female Mon Cal jedi in the arena near Kit Fisto. Just watch for him and you should find her. I will watch the DVDover the weekend so beware.

hisham
14 November 2002, 07:42 PM
I might be mistaken, Rouge8, but could the dude standing beside Kit Fisto be Pablo-Jill the Ongree Jedi? His head looks almost like a Mon Cal except his mouth is above his eyeline. Just a thought.

FlipDog 2000
15 November 2002, 05:45 AM
You have to remember what the Jedi's roles were in the Clone Wars. Most of them did not fight straight up, the first battle was an obvious change from that norm, but as far as I know at least 8 council members survived that battle. The Jedi, (especially the council members) served as commanding officers during the clone wars, (i.e. General Kenobi). So I doubt that you would always see a glowing beam of energy running around on the battlefield cutting up the seperatists.

Rouge8
16 November 2002, 04:36 PM
I have a player who thinks it is a Mon Cal.

Check out 1 hour, 50 minutes, and 15 seconds.

FlipDog 2000
16 November 2002, 06:40 PM
He isn't a Mon Cal. He is the same Jedi we see in the temple earlier in the movie. He is the same Jedi that someone thought was Howard the Duck, and was later proven not to be.

hisham
16 November 2002, 06:52 PM
Man Calamari found with mouth on forehead! Hilarity ensues! Naboo surrenders! (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/pablojill/index.html)

Reverend Strone
17 November 2002, 12:54 PM
I'm certain he's the Ongree jedi Pablo Jill, as hisham has already pointed out. I'm pretty certain there were no Mon Cal in Ep II, besides which he's yellow, which seems an odd colour for a Mon Cal to be. I think it might just be wishful thinking on the part of your player Rouge8.

DirkGreystoke
17 November 2002, 04:29 PM
well on one hand lucas trashes it, on another he includes a EU char in the genosis area battle. that blue twi'lek chick (not that I'm complaining *drools*

Just to clarify that, the character is the same in appearance only. It is not really the actual EU character Aayla {not sure how to spell it} Lucas just saw the cover of a comic book and said, put in a Jedi who kind of looks likes that. The character was called "Oola Jedi" throughout the production, since she is a Twi-lek like Oola...Jabba's dancer from ROTJ. Lucas is pretty consistent in his trashing of the EU. That becomes very apparent in the commentary of the EPII DVD.

As for the Jedi Council, I dont thik Obi will be on it, but I only have gut feeling to substantiate this. Plus, Episode III takes place two years after Episode II. To me that does not seem like enough time for Obi-Wan to become a council member. It would seem like there would be plenty of other more experienced Jedi to take the helm. But after all, there is no way to tell until you walk out of the cinemas a few years from now. Speculation is all part of the fun until then.

KnightStalker
17 November 2002, 08:44 PM
but in issue 62 of the Star Wars Insider, in the "Who's Who in the Jedi Order" article, that blue-skinned Twi'lek is most definetely identified as Aayla Secura, and reveals that she was portrayed by none other than one of ILM's production assisstants, Amy Allen. They have a short bio on her in a sidebar column.

She's not listed in the AotC credits, but she is indeed Aayla, go back through the issues of SW Insider and you'll see her char referred to by name on many occasions.

:D Don't hate me just because I'm a SW Insider subscriber and enrolled member in the Star Wars Fan Club. :p

Codym
18 November 2002, 12:59 AM
I think it's important to point out that Insider naming her Aayla Secura is simply to give the character a name and a background without having to create a new character. They did a similar thing with the X-Men movie by naming students after characters from the series. I makes things easier.

Dirk is right, George just chose her for the look, and the character was dubbed Oola Jedi. The Expanded Universe has just once again made a statement to bring it back into line with film continuity (a much easier one this time than the usual.)

But back on topic, I think we'll see mostly familar faces on the Jedi Council in Episode III, especially Mace and Ki-Ada Mundi, probably Yoda (he should quit!!!) I doubt Obi-Wan will be on the Council, simply because it would limit his role in the movie. After all, the Jedi Council only left for Geonosis in an extreme emergency, and otherwise don't seem to leave the temple much (other than to hang at Palpatine's digs.)

Jeskan
7 December 2002, 08:28 AM
there is no doubt that the council will be filled up. I do not believe Obi-Wan will be one of the members, though. Here is a list of the Jedi who survived the battle of Geonisis and Jedi who will be probubly be on the council
1-Yoda
2-Mace Windu
3-Ki-Adi Mundi
4-Ploo Koon
5-Depa Billaba
6-Yarael Poof
7-Oppo Rancisis
8-Adi Galia
9-Even Piell
10-Quinlan Vos
11-Shaak Ti
12-Thracia Cho Leem