PDA

View Full Version : Your New Editor

evan hansen
4 November 2002, 07:38 AM
Ladies and Gents of the Holonet --

I'm quite excited and pleased to publically announce your new OJ Editor-in-Chief: Derek "AxiusTheDark" Thompson.

First, allow me to note that the competition for this was very stiff. We received a high number of applications -- all of which were excellent. I'd like to publically thank everyone who applied. You made the decision hard, and I'm glad that was the case. I can definately say the community is alive and well -- and full of excellent minds.

And, of course, Axius is one of those excellent minds. Derek's creativity and previous experience in journalism and editing will undoubtedly prove to be strong assets to him as Editor and to the Journal as a community publication.

He'll soon be adding his own thoughts and style to the Journal -- both in terms of how the next issues are presented as well as how things are run behind the scenes. He will, of course, also be moderating this forum. I know he'll do a superb job on all of this.

Please welcome me in congratulating him on his new role as Editor-in-Chief of the starwars-rpg.net Online Journal!!!

scottyboy
4 November 2002, 07:44 AM
Hey, congrats Axius! I'm sure that you'll do a superb job. I can't wait to see your first issue, and if you need any help... you know where to find me! Again, congratulations man!

OverLord
4 November 2002, 07:52 AM
You where right Auxius, you are the best! :D

Looking forward to see the work. http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

ij thompson
4 November 2002, 08:45 AM
Congratulations, Axius, I look forward to seeing your work!

VixenofVenus
4 November 2002, 09:13 AM
Huge sigh of relief

Thats cool that you got it on merits Axius ... I applied and was actually kinda worried I might get it!

I have so much to do, and I'm now relieved I didn't get it ... it is much better for the Journal that I wasn't chosen ... CONGRATS!

Jedi_Staailis
4 November 2002, 10:12 AM
Congratulations Axius! We'll be watching your career with great interest. B)

Thanks also to those who applied, even if they weren't accepted for the position. I know I don't have the skills or time for such a responsibility, and I applaud the community members who stepped forward.

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
4 November 2002, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by VixenofVenus
Huge sigh of relief

Thats cool that you got it on merits Axius ... I applied and was actually kinda worried I might get it!

I have so much to do, and I'm now relieved I didn't get it ... it is much better for the Journal that I wasn't chosen ... CONGRATS!

I hear you Vixen!

If anyone deserved this it's Axius - we will be watching your career with great interest.

Darklighter
4 November 2002, 05:15 PM
Congratulations from me, too, Axius. You'll do well! Let me know if you ever need a hand. I'd be happy to pitch in. :)

Chris Curtis
4 November 2002, 07:45 PM
I'll echo Evan's comment that the competition was quite fierce. A huge thanks go out to all of you who applied -- you know who you are. Also, to those of you who applied but weren't selected, be on the lookout because Axius may well be contacting you for some more help.

Anyway, congratulations are definitely in order for the new Editor-in-Chief!

StClair
10 November 2002, 02:57 AM
And just so people know, I haven't vanished entirely. I'll still be around, but not as Editor.

Congratulations, Axius, and good luck.

Iain Kysler, Jedi Apprentice
22 November 2002, 05:32 AM
Way to go Axius!

Congrats, and I'd just like to say that this is a REALLY cool idea. I was so down in the dumps when SW Gamer went down, but now, it seems as if it may be getting better again.

Quick question: Who do I talk to about getting the D3 Terigourd Fighter converted to D20? I'd REALLY like to see that, as it seems like a cool idea.

Pheonix Dace
27 November 2002, 06:39 PM
Congratulations Axius! The competition must have been tough, and I hope you don't emulate Vixen in
Huge sigh of relief because having an editor that din't want to be editor would be bad.

Incidentally, I am writing a SWRPG story that I was going to send to DLOS, but how could I send it to OJ? Just wondering, like email or PM or what?

Chris Curtis
27 November 2002, 08:45 PM
...or you could follow the "Submissions" link on the main Online Journal page...

Arcome
27 November 2002, 10:33 PM
I wish I was in your position, it's like being Darth Vader, "I find your lack of faith disturbing." I wish I could have cool one liners that would make people pee their pants. Maybe some day....--Arcome