PDA

View Full Version : A suggestion

Dr_Worm
5 November 2002, 09:26 PM
I have a suggestion:

I know I am not as oft rated as many of the contributers here, but i just got my first 1.0 post instituting the comment system, it really pi$$ed me off. I have no problem being rated low I just hate getting useless ratings...say I am an opinionated bas***d...but that 1.0 is so wimpy without backup. It's not like they have to put their name and address on the rating...just a reason why. So my suggestion is that any comment greater than 4.0 or less than 3.0 ought to HAVE to have a comment attached to it. I hope you think about it guys...thanks in advance.

Krad-edis
5 November 2002, 09:42 PM
overall the system is much better.

I think that the comment section was put there as a means to express any and all votes from now on. It is a shame that whoever did this did not say why they rated you so low. I wouldn't get to upset about it though. It really does not matter too much. Most of us who have been here on the board longer than a week think pretty highly of you Dr. Worm. Your rating and the other comments in your history more than make up for one cheap shot.

Remember, anger leads to the dark side. ;)

Dr_Worm
5 November 2002, 09:46 PM
I am not angry really, I just don't know what to do with the number. If I am making someone mad I would love to know how, and change it if I can. However with no comment I can do nothing, so whatever behavior I am exhibiting will continue. I guess that is the frustrating part.

Krad-edis
5 November 2002, 10:02 PM
I guess that is the frustrating part.

Yeah.....I know.

The thing that you really have to ask yourself is that if you are making someone mad, chances are he or she will tell you. I think you got popped by a prankster, or someone who does not know the rating system well enough to be voting. You probably did not anger anyone, just had a differing opinion with someone who votes on a whim.

This brings me back to one of my ongoing statements of how members should be rated on how helpful and polite they are as opposed to their opinions. Opinions will always vary, but having class should be something that everyone should understand. Not everyone understands this it seems. All you can do is tell yourself that it could not have been that important if they didn't have the guts to speak up and put it out of your mind.

OverLord
5 November 2002, 10:26 PM
Don't worry about it, we are all getting a 1.
Btw, i don't think your suggestion would work anyway, we would just get a lot of "space" comments. :D

dragonseye
8 November 2002, 06:03 AM
Doc,

Ouch... I always thought you were one of the most likeable chaps on the boards...

The sad thing is that Overlord is right, we probably would see mostly space comments if it was required to fill the comment thingy out for ratings below 3. Although, to be honest, it would be nice if people made it a rule to do so just to explain why they voted at that level so that we can improve the posts if that's the thing wrong.

Don't worry about it, we are all getting a 1.

We are? :?

Dr_Worm
8 November 2002, 04:26 PM
Well you guys might be right. no biggie