PDA

View Full Version : Who are your favorite Jedi in the NJO era?

Iain Kysler, Jedi Apprentice
6 November 2002, 09:13 AM
I was just wondering. Originally, mine were Anakin Solo and Corran Horn. I've now changed that to include one more: Ganner Rhysode. I've just finished the Dark Tide duology, and have a question: Who are your favorite Jedi in this troubled era?

P.S. Are we going to be seeing more of Ganner?

Dr_Worm
6 November 2002, 10:37 AM
As my Signature states...Corran Horn all the way.

Talon Razor 'GM'
6 November 2002, 10:53 AM
As the good Dr said:

Corran Horn all the way.

He rocks big time.

And yes, in most of the books and in Traitor, you see Ganner. I will say no more!

Dan Kyrinov
6 November 2002, 03:09 PM
My favorites from the NJO era are Tahiri Veila, Saba Sebatyne, Tesar Sebatyne, Izal Waz, Jacen Solo, and Tenel Ka. Iain, you may not know all those, but keep reading, it won't be long till you meet them.

Nova Spice
6 November 2002, 04:33 PM
P.S. Are we going to be seeing more of Ganner?

Oh definitely yes Iain! :D As Ganner is also one of my favorites, let's just say that Ganner appears as a major character in two more books (both of which are huge to the story).

And my favorites are: Ganner Rhysode, Tesar Sebatyne, Tam Azur-Jamin, and of course Jaina Solo. ;)

EmprorsHand03
6 November 2002, 04:54 PM
Ah yes, the Jedi question. My favorite Jedi are, of course, Luke Skywalker, Mara Jade, and (let the groans begin)...............Kyp Durron!

I don't care what you have to say about Kyp.

Rouge8
6 November 2002, 07:17 PM
Kyp (even though I hate him, he is one of my favorites), Ganner, Tam, Jacen, and the late Anikan.

Seghast
6 November 2002, 07:22 PM
Ganner kicks ass!

I also like Mara; I love women that know how to fight, and are more than willing to do so. Bad girls kick even more ass than Ganner, in my book. :)

I wanna throttle smack Kyp around, because I've never really liked him.

Rouge8
6 November 2002, 07:24 PM
I have to like the people I want to kill. For irritating me enough.:rolleyes:

Marusame
6 November 2002, 08:37 PM
Favorite in NJO? Tahiri or Ganner

Favorite in EU? Callista

Girls kick ass as Jedi.

KenobiJim
7 November 2002, 12:00 AM
Too many to list but

Corran Horn - Good iconic Jedi and very multitalented

Anakin Solo - More powerful than you could ever imagine

Jacen Solo - Squirrelly at first, but now picking up and getting mature

Tahiri Veila - Lots of potential there

Luke Skywalker - Finally Grown into mastery, lost the whiny voice

Jim Williams
7 November 2002, 05:00 AM
I still like Luke the best, especially after the now "famous" black hole stunt way back in Dark Tide and when he rescued Jacen using (ahem) two lightsabers, dispatching a few Vong without much trouble.

Jacen is a close follow-up, but it may be because he had such awesome scenes in Traitor. I haven't read Destiny's Way yet.

My third would be Vergere. Probably the best scenes of Jedi instruction I've ever read...although all may not be as it appears, her character is compelling!

Ardent
7 November 2002, 07:54 PM
Well, obviously I like my own character the most. ;)

He aside, I like Kenth Hamner, he seems to be a lot like my character from what little we've seen of him, followed pretty closely by Corran Horn.

I could list all of the Jedi in order of preference if you want to be bored to tears. ;)

ElfWord
10 November 2002, 08:45 AM
Corran Horn and Ganner Rhysode are my favorite Jedi.

CoryHolmes
14 November 2002, 03:43 PM
At the moment, Mara Jade Skywalker is my favourite Jedi.

Of course, that would change if we ever got to see Luke show us just what master can do...

Reed
27 November 2002, 11:01 AM
I personnally like Anakin Solo the most because he seems to be so much like his grandfather. I think he is an example of what Anakin Skywalker could have been if he would have just stopped whining.

Corran Horn and Kyp Durron come in a close second.

Corran Horn because he's the most unique of all the Jedi and I think I, Jedi is one of the best EU books ever.

I used to hate Kyp, but later on in the series I began to warm up to the character and he now is one of my favourites.

Trigger
27 November 2002, 11:11 AM
Corran Horn is my fav Jedi in the NJO and EU all together. haven't i posted my opinion on another thread kind of like this? oh well. I just wonder if we will see any more Corellian Jedi any time soon.

Jedi Master Talon
8 December 2002, 02:09 PM
Personaly I think Corran Horn, the late Anakin Solo and Ganner Rhysode. They by far are the most amazing. Corran ecspessially in the Battle at Ithor.

"Their is no try their is do or do not" Yoda

DevJannz
24 January 2003, 12:42 PM
My favorites are

Corran Horn - I agree that he just fits the picture of what a Jedi should be.

Anakin Solo - He was awsome and I thought his character grew alot during his time in the series.

Luke Skywalker - Still one of the best out there, especially now that he is taking a more active role.

The 3 Barabels from Anakin's Strike Team - I just love the thought of big reptilian Jedi walking around with Heavy Repeating Blasters and lightsabers. I just can't help but think "damn...something is going to be getting an @$#whoopin'."

Wesly Senesca
24 January 2003, 02:45 PM
I gotta agree with Argent: I like my NJO jedi character the best.

But I really think Corran's one of the coolest Jedi in the NJO era.
Although, in light of his new training, Jacen is is giving Corran some good competition, especially the crap that he does in Destiny's Way.

Oh yeah, whoever said Luke finally lost his whinniness by now, he's been without it since Endor (knighthood'll do that to ya).

mojo1701
24 January 2003, 03:14 PM
Any of the chick Jedis (yes, that's exactly why)...

... And Corran Horn.

Arcome
24 January 2003, 11:28 PM
Corran Horn is the man!!! If you've read I, Jedi you would all agree. He is so creative with his powers for what little training he had. He is also a damn good pilot and knows how to "work his groove thing" with the ladies.