PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite Star Wars character?

Arcome
9 November 2002, 01:04 PM
Who is you favorite Star Wars character and why??

Codym
9 November 2002, 01:28 PM
Chose Han, fav from the original trilogy. Charming rogue done to perfection, and the owner of the coolest ship in films.

Question, why wasn't Qui-Gon on the list (or for that matter, Anakin Skywalker?)

Arcome
9 November 2002, 02:07 PM
Thye weren't around very long, so I didn't view them as that important, sorry.

dgswensen
9 November 2002, 03:05 PM
Anakin Skywalker wasn't around very long? :?

And my favorite character is Luke Skywalker. A lot of people like to characterize him as "whiny" but I think he does the most growing of any character during the series -- from an idealistic famboy to the edge of the Dark Side to being the last -- and first -- of the true Jedi. I dig his story a lot.

Seghast
10 November 2002, 05:55 PM
Mara Jade. She's hot, she's a redhead, and she knows how to fight. What a babe... :)

Lord Kjeran
10 November 2002, 10:28 PM
Chello!

Obi-Wan...but not the young, butt-kicking Obi-Wan. No, the old, wise Ben Kenobi who everyone who comes to for advice, but no one seems to listen to!

Tony

Troy Henist
11 November 2002, 01:19 AM
Mine's not there

Wedge Antilles. Anybody who survives two Death Star assults has to be great.

Trigger
11 November 2002, 08:15 AM
Who da man? YODA MAN!!!!!!

Yoda!!!!!!

From the first time I saw him in Empire, till his death in Jedi, and even in his lightsaber-wielding days at a frisky 800, Yoda has always been my favorite.

so thats where my vote goes.

Who da man?

nightninja50
11 November 2002, 02:34 PM
c'mon what about JANGO FETT, now I am not the best fan of the darksiders and bad dudes, I dont play bad guys, but lets face it, Jango ROX, I even met Temuera Morrison and got his autograph. Jango has those nice little dual blasters and all that sweet armor, and he can take out all who oppose him (except a Senior member of the Jedi Council) and he is smart, for anyone who read Jango Fett:Open Seasons, in issue #4 he outsmarts Dooku, with the magnetic cuffs and blasters, and the antidote and alllll that good stuff, he is AWESOME8o

hisham
12 November 2002, 04:46 PM
..... R2-B1 the blue-yellow astromech droid that got blown away repairing Queen Amidala's starship during the escape of Naboo in the Phantom Menace. I always imagine how the entire saga might be like if he survived and if R2-D2 got hit by a Trade Federation laser cannon.

Plus he had a really cute death scream.:)

Artemis Entreri
12 November 2002, 04:55 PM
Well from the list its Han Solo for me, he is a dashing rouge whats not to like.

However, over all I would have to say Anakin Solo, not sure why completely, but hes my favorite character overall at this time.

Ardent
12 November 2002, 10:43 PM
Hm. I hope your list is pure movies or you've skipped one of the best characters around: Dash Rendar. ;)

Moose
13 November 2002, 02:32 AM
Yes old Dash is a bloody good character, but one must consider Shada Du'kal. Deadly, beautiful, and loyal(to Karrde at least), whats not to love:D

Jim Williams
13 November 2002, 03:50 AM
Qui-Gon Jinn

strensk
13 November 2002, 06:01 AM
Vader. He is without a doubt the most dynamic character of the story. We see him as an innocent young boy all the way to a Sith Lord, then he redeems himself in the end. You gotta love that.

He is truly classic tragic hero.

ElfWord
13 November 2002, 04:14 PM
My two favorite Star Wars characters are Corran Horn and Anakin Solo. Corran Horn simply because I, Jedi is such a great story. Anakin Solo because he's great with machines yet still an incredible bad*censored* with the force. I couldn't believe it when they SPOILER AHEAD:

killed him.

I think that Anakin Solo should be the one who reveals the true nature of the force and paves the way for a New Jedi Order, what's up with all this SPOILER:

Jacen Solo crap? I mean, common. Jaina Solo better accomplish some equally noteworthy things or it's just going to make things completely unbalanced.

Anyways, just my opinion.

Trigger
13 November 2002, 04:28 PM
In my earlier post of Yoda, I forgot to mention my favorite EU character

Corran is my favorite EU character, yet I cant exactly say why. when he first showed up in Rogue Squadron I knew he would be a guy to keep an eye on. He developed into such a great character over the next books, that when Luke spilled the truth, I almost died. I couldnt imagine such a change in his character. I, Jedi fixed that for me. Plus the book was just that $%#* good. In short, CORRAN ROCKS!!!!!!! thank you and good night. I'm going to find my oxygen tank now. :)

Red
17 November 2002, 02:41 PM
(edited by moderator)

Mr. Fett
18 November 2002, 05:29 PM
Com'n boba and jango people. They are the bomb. I mean how could you not love love all of those cool toys,slave1, Mandalorian battle armor,the list goes on and on. They are one of the toughest people around in star wars. The only thing is their constantly getting tangled up with jedi:o

Blaid
1 December 2002, 07:18 AM
I would have liked to have seen Anakin on the poll, as Anakin Skywalker is a bit different than Vader, but I chose Darth Vader nonetheless.
I have always been attracted to the noble hero that cannot control his abilities and inevitably falls from grace. I have also loved the concept of a fallen hero- or a villain- with depth and dimension and not the cardboard cut-out "pure evil".
Anakin Skywalker, a young man with powers he did not ask for and cannot really control (and include his emotions into that), leaves his mother and reunites with her only to have her die in his arms. He risks all for the love of a woman-- a love he cannot control. Eventually, his powers lead him to his own fall. Even though Anakin Skywalker still exists somewhere within Darth Vader, he is powerless to change what he has become- or so he thinks. But in the end, for the love of a son he barely knew he had, he sacrifices his life and finally finds redemption in that final act.
His is a tragic story and one with a moral in there somewhere. Every act and every choice has a consquence. Be careful of what one does in life and what paths one walks. Or, as the Wiccan Rede says: What we send out inevitably comes back x3.

KnightStalker
1 December 2002, 09:29 AM
It's a tough call to make

On one hand, Boba's damn cool for being portrayed as a ruthless bad-***.

Then, Jango's even more bad-*** and shows his mad skills during the fight with Obi-Wan.

Leia's a hottie, especially in that gold bikini. (drool) :D

Amidala's also a hottie, but it seems somebody left her off the list. Let's hope the almighty Flanneled One sticks her in a skimpy bikini in Ep III just to keep the 2 trilogies balanced. :D

Too bad you can only choose one answer in the polls. Guess I'm going with Jango, since I'm basing my RL suit of Mandalorian Armor on a mix of his & Boba's. :p

Jericho_Narcas
1 December 2002, 11:17 AM
"I find your lack of faith disturbing."

Darth Vader, because he had the coolest lines.

fritzer
2 December 2002, 06:51 AM
I have two characters that are my favorite R2 and C3PO. They have got to be the best pairing in any movie. R2-D2 has the guts of the two, as where C3PO has the reasoning always wanting to do the less dangerous thing.

Nova Spice
2 December 2002, 02:13 PM
I just noticed that Wedge Antilles isn't on the list either! Wow, that's a bummer. :(

Wedge is IMO one of the coolest, if not the coolest character in Star Wars. He's the only man to survive two Death Star runs and besides, where would the Rebels have been without him? We all saw in the movies who came to the rescue.

-When Luke had to scrape that TIE off his back, who was there to save him?

-When the Imperial walkers had to be slowed on Hoth, who was there to bring the first one down?

-When Gold Leader needed someone to hit the north tower in the second Death Star, who was there to blow it to pieces?

Wedge! Wedge! Wedge!

Heck, I'm voting for Wedge Antilles for president! :D :p

P.S. Is Jason and Jana supposed to be Jacen and Jaina? If so, Jaina gets my second vote. Gotta love a Solo chick! :D

mojo1701
2 December 2002, 02:56 PM
Even though there hasn't been as much background on the emperor as i'l like, or, at least in a book that takes place before TPM, i would have to choose the Emperor. Going from unknown beginnings, or even the senator of a Backwater world such as Naboo (that's right, it was), to supreme leader of most, if not all of the known galaxy? That's admirable.

No one, not even any sith lord from the beginning of time has been able to do that, and under the nose of SOOO many Jedi?

Jedi Master Talon
12 December 2002, 05:19 PM
It's spelled JACEN and he is the greatest because of what happened in Traitor but I can say no more. you must read it to understand.B)

Poof's Padawan
12 December 2002, 05:38 PM
I chose Maul because in my opinion he is so much cooler than Vader ever was or will be.:D

Fole™
13 December 2002, 10:54 AM
Hm. I hope your list is pure movies or you've skipped one of the best characters around: Dash Rendar.

yeah, mine is dash. he is kind of an anti han solo. but he is the coolest. sorry, but whilst everyone was scared of ig-88(and while ig almost took down boba), dash showed the droid who was boss. thats enough in my book. who did han best?... hrm nobody.

han is still cool though, after dash luke would have to be my favorite, but after empire strikes back, he just takes on a lot of responsibility.

KenobiJim
13 December 2002, 10:08 PM
My favorite movie character is R2, the Swiss Army knife with a personality... Brave though not foolhardy, an excellent mechanic, and knowledgeable in the ways of putting down 3P0 series droids.... If one reads the EU, the Corellian Trilogy seems to be controlled by the little guy. I just love him to death!

Poof's Padawan
16 December 2002, 05:07 PM
I would vote for Gandalf the Gray, but since he isn't here I voted for Darth Maul, because he has a double bladed lightsaber.

-=Darth Surazal=-
18 December 2002, 07:31 PM
Yeah.....it's quite simple actually...Han Solo is such a stupid character...he's just a tool to get Luke and Obi...MY personal favorite...to Alderaan. If Harrison Ford wasn't Han...they could have used a less known actor and only put him in one movie. Obi Wan on the other hand...is really cool...because he defeats Jango on the Kamino platform (Jango being another favorite.) AND he doesn't put up with Anakin's crap...plus he dies to keep balance in the universe...what a nice guy!

Jedi Master Talon
11 January 2003, 08:14 AM
When it comes to this poll JACEN is my favorite character put Corran Horn has always had a place in my thoughts.

Vreel Kudarin
11 January 2003, 09:42 AM
I have lots of favourites, but I've always thought highly of Janson and 'Hobbie' - the absolute classic starfighter jock comedy duo! :D

Corran Horn and Boba Fett probably rate alongside them as my all-time favourites.

Incidently, I'd probably say Count Dooku is my least favourite since he is such a cardboard-cut-out shallow character (or at least it seems that way at present - can't wait to find out his hidden depths in Episode III).

Zakzahn
11 January 2003, 05:26 PM
R2-D2, True Hero of the Saga. Saves the Queen's Ship in episode 1, saves Senator Padme in episode 2, gets the message to Obi Wan and saves the heroes multiple times in episode 4, fixes the hyperdrive in episode 5, gets luke his lightsaber in the barge battle in episode 6, the list goes on.

coldskier0320
11 January 2003, 06:33 PM
Not rating in terms of im-portance, Mara Jade. The only gripe i have with her is that she married Luke, how weird is that!? But other than that she is a redhead (soooo nice!) AND she can kick major @$$ AND she's cocky! I must admit though, that i like scum all of them (bounty hunters, smugglers, the works);)

Nova Spice
11 January 2003, 09:16 PM
Han Solo is such a stupid character...he's just a tool to get Luke and Obi...MY personal favorite...to Alderaan. If Harrison Ford wasn't Han...they could have used a less known actor and only put him in one movie.

How do you figure? I don't think Han Solo was a stupid character. He represented, in all three films, how even those who are thought to be superficial can evolve and change into something that is genuine and deep. If not for Han, there would not have been the third party element (the Neutral). The saga would have suffered terribly, and many people agree that the Neutral character aspect is what makes the Classic trilogy far more entertaining than the current one.

Besides, at the time, Harrison Ford was a less known actor. He had only been in two films (in a very minor role) until Episode IV. It was because of Star Wars that Harrison Ford became as famous as he is today. ;)

Levistus
14 January 2003, 03:00 PM
This guy is Boba Fett and more- how can you not love em?

Vreel Kudarin
15 January 2003, 07:31 AM
I'd have to disagree that Jango was better than Boba Fett.

Boba destroyed all but 1 of the IG-88 assassin droids, smashed the Bounty Hunters Guild, escaped from the digestive tract of a Sarlacc, killed the pretender Jodo Kast, and has fought-off various bounty hunters throughout his long and notorious career. He also racked up more bounties than his father.

Jodo was good, no denying that, he fought-off Obi-Wan, and his skill inspired his son to become even greater in the profession. Boba Fett was just really unlucky in Return of the Jedi lol :p really unlucky.

Trandoshan Jedi
22 January 2003, 12:58 PM
My favorite is Bossk. But I voted for Leia because she is so strong willed.

Darth Fury
22 January 2003, 01:17 PM
Simply put, no Darth Vader(Anakin Skywalker), no story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wedge in Red2
23 January 2003, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by Troy Henist
Mine's not there

Wedge Antilles. Anybody who survives two Death Star assults has to be great.

Yes indeed. Wedge is mine too (hence the user name), however from the list I picked Han (another Corellian Smuggler). Han really had the best lines - or at least was the cause of them - in the first trilogy. He was really the focal character in the best movie of the series - The Empire Strikes Back. He had a cool ship, a cool partner, and was generally cool.

Jon

Wesly Senesca
26 January 2003, 01:07 PM
I pick Luke and Vader (both before and after)

Without Vader there is no begining and without Luke there is no conclusion. These two characters are absolutely integral to the "Jedi Prophecy" schpiel. Without his son to confront and redeem Vader, the Force would never be truly balanced.

Besides, Luke succeeded where his father didn't in regard to the Dark Side question. Also, after two and a half decades of abscence, Luke reforms the Jedi Council (albeit slightly different).

Further more, for those that think Luke was whiney--look at Anakin. He was just as whiney, and look how he turned out--"The Most Feared Man in the Galaxy."

Lastly, they are the most dynamic characters in the entire movie saga and EU books.

Silent
3 February 2003, 05:53 PM
I voted for Mara for rather obvious reasons, and I really want to see her in some kind of movie somehow. Apart from her, I rather like Corran Horn and Wedge + Co: mmmmm, starfighers 'n' Jedi!

Pel
9 February 2003, 09:33 PM
Lando. Accept no substitutues.

Whether he's destroying Death Stars, creating successful (until the Empire or Vong arrive) mining operations in seemingly impossible conditions, looking the epitome of cool, gambling for entire planets without breaking a sweat, saving Jedi bacon, or creating a revolutionary line of anti-Vong war droids to keep the Republic afloat, Lando is the dude. All w/o benefit of those pesky Force powers too! ;)

Tossk
11 February 2003, 05:27 AM
Darth Maul

Who else looks so cool in a full-body tatoo, the eyes are creepy, in fact, i think he's scarier than Vader! Did he even have to say any cool lines? not from what I remember. I am someone who thinks he could have survived, shurely some one stiched him together again. He's too coll to just go away, or he might be a spirit, lurking at the bottom of the pit for his next victim.

TANK
11 February 2003, 11:21 AM
Han Solo is just more of a character than any of the other heroes. He's a brash, cocky, confident, suave, dangerous induvidual whose heart is in the right place at all times. He gave the appearance of a loner and mercenary, but when it all come down to it, he was always a team player. Jedi Knights & Sith Lords may be more powerful, but Han won't back down from them. He'll fight till he's stunned, locked up, interrogated, and frozen in carbonite.....then he'll thaw out, hunt down those responsible and make em pay! (with a little help, of course!):D That's why I chose Han!

Adesh Gundeep
19 April 2003, 11:10 AM
I voted Han Solo, and will do so till the day I die! Han is, IMHO the epitome of A good Star Wars character. He is not perfect by any means, but he's One of the only Star Wars charcters that can be summed up BOTH as the Golden Standard, and as a one-of-a-kind original. There, now I've said it.:D

Dark72Jedi
20 April 2003, 02:30 PM
Thrawn. He seems to be a competent leader and had the loyalty of his troops...with the exception of Rukh. Plus he wasn't a force user.

Darth_Cassed
20 April 2003, 04:56 PM
I'd say Darth Maul. He represents Darth Cassed pretty well....:D

Lucas Carr
21 April 2003, 08:11 PM
I have several favorite characters in SW.

Yoda is the best, because of his wisdom and his kick butt lightsaber technique, among other things.
Boba Fett and Jango as well, for their coolness.
Obi-Wan a real Jedi.
Mara Jade for her determination and willingness to help others walk the path.
Corran Horn.

Needless to say, i didn't post in the poll.

Sasche
22 April 2003, 09:13 PM
Some voted for him in the polls, but I haven't seen anyone comment on him yet!
How can people leave out Chewie?!? The biggest bad-a$$ out there!
He can intimidate anyone with a simple growl.
He has a cool weapon (bowcaster)
How many out there wish they could do the Wookie growl? I know I've tried, but just can't do it justice.

So this strong, frightening, warrior is also one of the most honorable characters. The whole life debt is an incredible act to follow.

So easily, Chewbacca got my vote.

Zam Sammich
22 April 2003, 09:43 PM
My favorite is Chewie. He's a big, scary Wookiee who spends more time whining at Han and being apprehensive than twisting peoples' arms out of their sockets.

Threepio's good, too. And Lando. And Boba Fett. And Luke. Heck, how can you pick a favorite?

Sithspawn
27 April 2003, 04:03 AM
What makes stories good are the characters, and as is obvious from this thread, there are a lot of interesting charcaters in Star Wars that appeal to a large range of people. It is true that 99% of people posting here are Star Wars die hards, I mean, ask average Joe in the street this question and the answer is going to be Vader, Luke, Han, Chewy or Leia. Ask them about Dash Rendar or Lt.Page's commandos and Joe won't have a clue.

Star Wars is about the characters that live in this amazing universe. What makes Star Wars so good is the fact that all the characters have an interesting tale. There are too many to choose from to give a 100% "he's the best", at least IMHO. Star Wars is great and I love it for ALL(well most of) the characters.

Oh, and I voted for Vader. :D

Dalla Madine
30 April 2003, 12:56 PM
Jason is awesome! He's my fav. because he has a way w/animals! And I am a HUGE animal lover,not a tree hugger. Just an animal lover. Besides he sounds really cute and his dad is HAN SOLO!!!! :hansolo:
Hello? I mean MAJOR hottie right there! 8o

-Dalla Madine- :daala:

scoutjaylor
5 May 2003, 06:34 PM
I've always liked boba he seems to have this dark cold mystic about him and he seems to be in a small way nice at the same person he's very unique.

Dea-Ev Dacal
9 May 2003, 09:33 AM
Han Solo of course. He's a sarcastic, passionate, rogue with the best sidekick in history, a good gun, and the best ship in the SW universe. In the novels they expand into his character so much more making him an even deeper meaningful character.

E.D.

Jess
11 May 2003, 10:39 PM
I would have to say, to date out of all the movies, I would have to say that I like Watto...

He is the cool kind of background character that makes SW what it is...
I know he is not on the list, but hey, I am different...:D

Darth Lunchbox
14 May 2003, 05:35 PM
Chewie all the way. Comedy, great character, and can kick some seriuos bootay.:wookiee:

wisper_sr
7 May 2006, 02:05 AM
Boba Fett of course!!! He is a little bad a**.

Fingon
12 May 2006, 06:53 PM
Vader all the way... Then Boba Fett. Then probably Han or Obi-Wan.