PDA

View Full Version : Tycho and Winter...

Bubbalin
11 November 2002, 09:29 AM
Okay, a few questions from one who has missed most of the comic series...

1. Are they married at any point?

If the answer to ! is yes...

2. When did said marriage occur?

3. Are there any kids? (Details?)

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Ardent
11 November 2002, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Bubbalin
Okay, a few questions from one who has missed most of the comic series...

1. Are they married at any point?

If the answer to ! is yes...

2. When did said marriage occur?

3. Are there any kids? (Details?)

Thanks in advance for your replies.

1, 2. Yes, they are. It's mentioned off-handedly in one of the NJO series novels. As far as I can gather, it happened shortly after Tycho stepped down and let Gavin Darklighter take command of Rogue Squadron.

3. There are, insofar as I know, no kids, and I'd hazard to guess there never will be. Neither Tycho nor Winter seems the type to bring kids into the universe when they have no planet to call home (their kids would, technically speaking, be Alderaanians). Besides, Winter already had her maternity outlet. ;)

Bubbalin
11 November 2002, 10:00 AM
Sorry to ask another question though.

But when was Tycho in command of Rogue Squadron? Can you give me rough dates with reference to Yavin...

Ardent
11 November 2002, 10:05 AM
About 9 years after ANH was when Tycho stepped up, definitely before 11 years after ANH.

Bubbalin
11 November 2002, 10:33 AM
Ummm, the title said it all. :)

ElfWord
11 November 2002, 11:27 AM
If it helps, Tycho was in command of Rogue Squadron during I, Jedi.

Craig Feely
14 November 2002, 05:26 PM
You all are correct as to their marriage. I am uncertain about the exact date of their marriage, but I do recall a reference to their at least being an "item" during the Rogue's quest to bring Coruscant to it's knees in the X-wing series of books. I am uncertain if Mr. Stackpole had intended for them to be married at this point in time or not.

As of their current relationship, I would call it strained at best. Tycho was recalled with Corran when the New Republic activated it's Reserve Corps. Winter's whereabouts were unknown until revealed in Destiny's Way where she is (MILD SPOILER!!!) working as Ackbar's aide and assistant.

Being so far apart cannot be good for their relationship, but two strong individuals such as they are should have no trouble working things out. War has a funny way of making distances seem farther while at the same time making relationships stronger. :)