PDA

View Full Version : Luke's Maturity???

Craig Feely
15 November 2002, 09:30 PM

Seghast
15 November 2002, 09:37 PM
I think he has, but he still needs to take a much more active part in the war. Specifically, General Luke Skywalker leading an army into battle would be good.

Hrm... "The Charge of the Lightsaber Brigade."

Jedi_Staailis
15 November 2002, 11:43 PM
Personally, I feel that Luke's whiny nature ended with The Empire Strikes Back and didn't return. Calling him a Jedi Master in the Jedi Academy Trilogy may have been a little premature, but by the NJO period, he is very deserving of his title. He's wise, he's powerful in the Force, he's trained many other Jedi, and he is a superb combatant. He deserves the term "Master" almost as much as Yoda.

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
16 November 2002, 02:02 AM
I have to agree. I guess that getting your hand cut off makes you reevaluate your outlook on life.

Jim Williams
16 November 2002, 06:21 AM
After ESB, whiny Luke is gone IMO. "But I wanted to go to Toshe Station to pick up power converters" is turned to "I'll never join you!"

As for his NJO performance and Master status...
The power and skill are their as evidenced by the Move Object on a black hole and dispatching Vong in lightsaber combat without much difficulty.

The wisdom is there. He will not compromise his views despite the temptations of the dark side. Jedi are dying and the easy solution seems to be to launch a counteroffensive. But something is urging him to proceed cautiously. IMO he faces a threat probably equal to what we will (hopefully) see the remaining hundreds of Jedi face sometime in EpIII...an empire turned against them that is so powerful that fighting it would result in a Pyhrric victory. So like Yoda and Mon Mothma, Luke waits for that right moment when the remaining Jedi (hopefully a number still in the several dozen) will turn the tide in one devastating act of defense. Or he will learn something that will change everything, although Jacen may have been the one to do that already.

ElfWord
17 November 2002, 08:22 AM
Luke has blown up a deathstar, lost two women that he loves, rebuilt the Jedi Order, destroyed the clone of Grand Admiral Thrawn after defeating two incredibly powerful droids, he's trained who knows how many Jedi, fallen to the darkside and come back, married, and had a child.
I haven't listed all the things he's accomplished, but enough I hope. Luke is mature by now.

KenobiJim
17 November 2002, 12:32 PM
I believe Luke has definitely matured by NJO. Even in the NR Novels there was much evidence of maturity. Fatherhood will be good for him I think.

Being a master? Well, since no one put the master label on him officially the title master leaves much for interpretation and debate. From the outside, we see all he's done and by now, he has earned the right to call himself master. From inside, if any Old Republic Jedi met him, who knows what they would say. Vergere didn't seem to object to Luke's Masterness. However, I don't think Vergere really knows that Luke wasn't a papered master either. Objectively? Yeah, he's a master now. When he got there? I dunno.

Moose
17 November 2002, 03:03 PM
Luke has grown into the Jedi that Obi-wan and Yoda both wish that Anakin would have become. He has mature greatly, but also understands his journey is not over and he still has more to learn....that is true maturity.