PDA

View Full Version : NJO New Republic Observers?

ElfWord
18 November 2002, 05:37 PM
What are the Observers doing during the New Jedi Order Era? Eventually in the series, they don't have a centralized government left to report to, and no one in the New Republic really cares about how the citizens are feeling, just about winning the war or surviving. So how are they keeping themselves busy? On conquered worlds, they don't really have the training to set up resistances or anything. I could see the Jedi using them to guage the anti-Jedi sentiment of a populace, or perhaps they become part of the "Great River" Luke wants Han to set up.
Any thoughts?

Dan Kyrinov
18 November 2002, 08:26 PM
I think there's room for speculation on where they are. They haven't been mentioned since the Hand of Thrawn duology. I like your ideas on where they could be, and what they might be doing, but really they've gone unused in NJO.

Iain Kysler, Jedi Apprentice
19 November 2002, 05:26 AM
New Republic Observer Corps...hmmm...

My guess would be that anybody who could linked up with the conventional military. Those who haven't are maintaining their vigilance in the even that what's left of the New Republic comes back to retake their ground. They may not have the training needed to set up a resistance movement, but they might be able to figure out how NOT to set one up by their observations. They can coordinate with those movements already on-planet, figure out where there may still be caches of weaponry, they might have means of contacting New Republic ships or getting supplies from there...

The possibilities are endless. They're in a VERY good position right now to give the military some valuable information...if they can get their hands on it and figure out a way to transmit it.

Iain

Nova Spice
20 November 2002, 02:38 PM
Really good question Elfword! ;) :D

I've thought about this as well and tend to agree witht he direction you, Dan, and Iain have suggested. Although as of now, up to Destiny's Way, it's quite plausible they have even hooked up with the new Rebel Alliance (Insiders) and assisting with setting up the secret bases and resistance movements on occupied worlds. I wouldn't be surprised to learn of their presence on worlds on the "untouched" side of the galaxy (Ison Corridor, Sullust, Cerea, Riflor, etc.) as possible scouts for signs of Vong intrusion.

Excellent topic and one that serves to spawn possible adventure ideas for the RPG as well. :)

jedi knight Big Rig
12 December 2002, 09:58 AM
That is a good question. i dont know though and i dont think i want to find out.:rolleyes: :( B)