PDA

View Full Version : The X-Wing

KenobiJim
18 November 2002, 10:27 PM
Hullo!

Could anyone tell me if they know somewhat precisely when the X-Wing actually was introduced to the Rebellion? I don't know how long before ANH when the Incom techs went over to the Rebellion... I have an all-pilot campaign whose squad was the first to have combat-ready X-Wings. If I could get an accurate chronology I can set this properly in the setting.

Thanks for any help you guys can give me!

Seghast
19 November 2002, 04:18 AM
I think it was right before ANH. I don't think the Battle of Yavin was the first combat use of X-wings, but I want to say that it was one of the first uses.

da_gm
19 November 2002, 04:28 AM
I donīt have any books with me, but i think its somewhere in the rebellion era sourcebook (d20). If my memory doesnīt fail me i think there is a part about Incoms "treason" and joining the rebellion. Iīm not sure if the exact time is stated, but itīs worth a look

ElfWord
19 November 2002, 06:01 AM
It was when the Empire nationalized the Incom corporation.

Faraer
19 November 2002, 06:08 AM
Looking at TimeTales, X-Wing (the game) indicates the X-wing was introduced to the Rebel fleet just before the Battle of Turkana in 2 BBY. TimeTales conjectures that the nationalization of Incom Corporation and the going over of X-wing blueprints to the Rebellion happened 6 BBY.

Wedge Antilles, Rogue Leader
19 November 2002, 01:54 PM
i know Wedge was an ace (5 kills) before yavin, so 2 BBY sounds about right.

KenobiJim
19 November 2002, 10:04 PM
I really appreciate all the responses you guys gave me. It'll really help me a lot with my game!

Jim