PDA

View Full Version : Depth Commentary of Eps II DVD

Sompeetalay
20 November 2002, 03:22 PM
Thanks to a tip on this forum I started to watch a piece of the online depth commentary of Epis II. Was I surprised when I found many characters have been named ! The aliens in the taxi's, some patrons in Dex Diner, many visitors of the Outlander and several Jedi have their own name.

The only character that was not named is the alien seperatist. It only said he replaced Toonuck Toora and that his nickname was Gatorhead
:(

Which Jedi is Sar Labooda ? The comments appeared when my movie was already ahead with the images, thanks !

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
20 November 2002, 03:44 PM
Well the Jedi that was Sarr Labooda had his name was changed to Coleman Trebor late in Post-Production. I can't recall if they gave the name to another character after taking it away from everyone's favorite Jedi Master Dinosaur.

Sompeetalay
20 November 2002, 10:50 PM
Yes they did. I saw it on the commentary. It's a Jedi that appears during the beginning of the battle and I think he - she is human now. The problem I had is that when I saw this sequence it had comments of things that happened 5 minutes earlier, so the comments didn't match. When I saw the name of Labooda appearing the movie was already 5 minutes ahead... This means - at least - I can't jump chapters during the depth comment because it just doesn't fit then anymore :(

So I guess I'm up to another vieuwing of Eps II and possibly Eps I :)

Sompeetalay
21 November 2002, 03:38 AM
And btw, Sar is a Chalactan. I think she is a dark haired female Jedi with a green saber who fights on the balcony of the arena.

http://www.holonetnews.com/55/regional/1359_1.html

Sompeetalay
21 November 2002, 09:07 AM
Added the characters into a nice newsietm

http://www.teekay-421.be/news/corenews.html#aotcsourceupd

Faraer
21 November 2002, 01:11 PM
Is Magaloof not a Nosaurian? They wouldn't have made a wholly new CG model for one shot like that.
Tyrell is probably a mistake for Tyerell.
We don't know if Warpoc Skamini is a Padawan yet.

How much do we know about the Jedi Archives busts? We know Dooku and Chon Actrion, and several based on George Lucas and visual effects heads.

Sompeetalay
22 November 2002, 12:44 AM
I don't know if Magaloof is a Nosaurian. If he is they sure made him different than Clegg. So, I'd say 'no Nosaurian' for the moment.

There is little known about the busts. Remember Saesee Tiin also has one (Image Attack) and if I'm not mistaken Yoda has one too. Robert Coleman and George Lucas even have one, but I don't know what they ever did for the Jedi order ;)

The subtitle exactly says: "This young Jedi is Warpoc Skamini". Since I don't remember any other young Jedi to be present at the archives I assume this must be him.

It's funny that today an Image Attack has been shown of Kalyn Farnmir.