PDA

View Full Version : Perils in Space (IC Thread)



Matt Richard
20 November 2002, 04:32 PM
Yep that's right - after about three months after starting the OOC thread, here is the official start for Perils in Space. I will ask for the OOC thread to get opened up again for our use, but for now, let's begin.

A LONG TIME AGO, IN A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY...

***BLAST!!!***
Lights are blinking all over the cockpit panel as you scramble to look at the technical readouts comming from your DCS (Damage Control System). Your shields are blown, and your pilot, Jensen Malings is having a hard time controling the spiriling ship.

You remember how much you hate space travel.

From your ship's rear, fly three TIE Interceptors shooting as hard as they can and as fast as they can. You are carrying what they want - several illegal spices. Unfortunately for you, this ship has no weapons on it (The New Republic is on a tight budget :D ). Your best hope is Malings, who isnt exactly the best pilot in the galaxy.

The TIE's continue to persue. You finally see your destination in view - the planet of Voidra, a green pleasant planet with forests containing some of the most beautiful plants in the galaxy.

But you arnt there yet.

"Everyone in their seats!" yells Jensen to you guys. He still seems to be struggling with the ever closer TIE's and then all of a sudden, you feel a sharp jerk as the ship takes a heavy hit from one of the blasters. You look over, and in Jensen's native Rodian language, are the flashing letters: "DANGER"

"We're going down!!! Everyone to the Escape Pods!!!"

You race towards your respective escape pod and hope for the bast. As the jeteson releases, you can see out of the window the TIE's are still blasting at the ship; not noticing your escape. Eventually, the ship explodes, and the TIE's turn away.

But now you're headed towards Imperial Voidra, with spice for the Resistance Forces down below. Imperials don't like visitors, especially in pods.

As your pod crashes to the ground; you step out. Catching up with everyone else, you look around and notice you've landed in a valley, between very two big hills.

At the top of one is an Imperial Lookout Post.

And they're looking at you.

What do you do?

Armadious
21 November 2002, 05:25 PM
Just as clarification; do we have the spice right now, or are we to pick it up on this planet?

Jayser, complaining about the landing (She could have done Much better...) and waits impatiently for the massive Grunt to exit the escape pod (if we are carrying the spice, probably give it to this massive fellow to carry). Once he is out and there is a tremendous amount of room freed up to move about, she starts rigging the ‘pod to explode - preferable after they have moved some distance away. If anyone asks her why, her thought is to create either:

a) The impression that the escape pod was damaged and anyone onboard was killed when it exploded. (She realizes that if they are being watched very closely the first will probably not work.)

b) A distraction for them to get away from the imps.

After the pod is rigged she will look for a place to hide or sneak away to until nightfall.

Matt Richard
21 November 2002, 08:01 PM
You have the spice with you, delivering it to Resistance Forces on Voidra. Also, Jensen Malings is the pilot, which is a NPC. Im not sure whether you thought that Jayser was the pilot, but for clarification purposes, she is not.

Anyone else want to take an action before we go any farther?

Sabre
21 November 2002, 08:38 PM
Tarech exits the pod, dusts off his suit, straightens his tie, considers waving to the Imperial outpost, but decides that finding cover is less suicidal and therefore a better plan so does that instead.

(I'll try to stick with the others and find cover if that's possible, otherwise just find cover and wait to see who's still alive after the "landing")

As he moves, Tarech checks to make sure his blaster is reasonably ready for action. You never can be too careful in enemy territory.

Matt Richard
21 November 2002, 10:24 PM
Tarech decides to take 3/4 cover behind a bush so he can be safe but still see whats going on. He has his hand on his blaster....just in case.

Meanwhile, it appears as if Jayser appears to be thinking of a distraction.

Tarech waits to see what the others will do.

Jensen Malings, after a humiliating piloting job, feels that there is nothing better to do than to just die with honor. He stands behind his pod (giving 1/2 cover), pulls out his gun, and aims for the the Guard at the Post up on the hill.

Through his scope, he sees the shadows of two other men in the Watchpost.

He decides to wait on his shot :D.

OverLord
22 November 2002, 12:43 AM
After Grunt have exited the pod and noticed the Watchpost he walks behind it to make a smaller target. Then he again looks up at the Watchpost. After a little while he looks down on his hands, then up at the Watchpost, after that he looks down at his granade. He then turns around and looks up the hill on the other side and askes anyone who cares to listen "Leave that way?"

Sabre
22 November 2002, 08:57 PM
Tarech tries to keep his voice down, but talks loud enough for anyone nearby to hear while watching the surroundings and looking for a possible means of escape. "Maybe I hit my head coming down, but I agree with Grunt. We have to get out of here. Maybe not that way in particular, but anything is better than standing around in plain sight of that outpost."

Matt Richard
22 November 2002, 09:09 PM
(To all potential players, just find a way to put yourself in the plot)

Jensen doesn't really know if going up the other hill is the wisest idea. He thinks about possibly going through the valley.

What he does is go back inside the pod, to see if any of the communications are working. They are all destroyed from the "landing."

Escaping will be hard. But from what he can tell, there are only three guards. No telling they've been spotted, so there is no way of knowing how many reinforcements are comming. He decides to not wait in anxiety, and once again pulls out his blaster. He fires one quick shot and hits the side of the Post. Now all three guards are focusing on him. They seem to be ignoring you at the moment.

What do you do?

farr0095
23 November 2002, 04:23 AM
Rien moved across the hills as fast as he could. He was in decent shape, and was making good time. He thought along the way of all the great possibilities that he could find at the crash site of whatever it was that streaked through the sky.

It could be a meteor and he could have mining rights to some rare mineral. He would be rich and buy himself a brand new CEC YZ-775, hire himself a crew and take to the space lanes.

Or perhaps it was a an alien lifepod from a destroyed planet. Rien could raise the young alien boy who would have supernatural powers. Rien would be famous as the duo raced across the galaxy helping the Rebels in whatever their powerful mission was.

It could even be the escape pod of a beautiful princess from a courier vessel destroyed by ruthless pirates. She would fall in love with Rien and with his help get back to her home planet where they would marry. Rien would become price of a powerful planet. There he would vow to eliminate the ruthless culprits who attacked her in the first place. When he did, he would craftfully tell them how thankful he was to them for delivering his beautiful bride to him, but how he must uphold justice and destroy them. From the bridge of his glistening warship, he would fire volley after volley into the pirates vessels and emerge gloriously, freeing captives and retrieving the pirates booty.

The sound of a blaster bolt brought Rien out of his daydreaming. He was getting closer now. He could see a pair of hills, and on top of one there was a building. It looked as if the blaster fire was directed at the building, but he wasn't entirely sure. He had only seen target blasters used during the drill teams meets at school.

He finds himself entering a small valley between the hills, and he thinks the crash must have landed in it. He tries to carefully and quietly move up towards the crash, ready to dodge out of the way to avoid being shot, but his curiousity aroused. An adventure was before him, and he could not wait to join in!

Matt Richard
23 November 2002, 02:35 PM
Nice entrance. Anyone else like to do something before we continue?

Pheonix Dace
25 November 2002, 05:53 PM
Thruus comes out from behind a bit of cover and looks up at the Lookuout Post. Muttering something about pilots, he keeps muttering about how much he hates spaceships and that a good speeder bike is ore his speed as he pulls out his blaster and portable computer. Placing his blaster on the ground beside him within easy arm's reach, he looks up at the sky and wonders if there's an Imperial sattelite anywhere near as he extends a small antenna from the top of his computer screen...

Armadious
25 November 2002, 07:36 PM
Seeing as how we are currently using the escape pod as cover, perhaps Jayser will not blow it up yet - just rig it so that she can when she feels the time is right. If there is time she will draw her blaster, and provide coverfire while staying under cover.

Pheonix Dace
26 November 2002, 04:30 AM
If there is an Imperial sattelite nearby, Thoruus' character can use it to hack into the imperial network and then get into the watchpost. If there isn't, it will require his computer itself reaching over that distance, which it can probably do. Either way, he tries to hack into the Imperial watchpost and jam all their comm signals. He sets it so that if they try too heavily, the computer will overload their comm stations, causing them to short out and require repairs. (at least this is what he's trying). Once he has jammed/overloaded their signals (if he succeeds, if he doesn't he keeps trying) he folds up his computer, setting it to shut down when it's done, and picks up his blaster.
Looking over at the others, Thoruus explains what he just did. "Now," he remarks calmly, "that should stop them from getting off a signal. Anyone for getting out of here?"

Matt Richard
26 November 2002, 06:27 PM
As Thoruus receives a "Success" screen on his console, he feels a blaster bolt pierce through his left arm; he crys in pain.

***

One of the Imperials at the post and sees a flashing redlight. Looking at the screen it appears they have been jammed. While his comrades are still shooting at the unknown landers, he realizes there is no escaping this one. He looks underneath the console and pulls out a bag of thermal detonators. He pulls out one and throws it.

***

Thoruus was far enough were he did not receive damage, except in his left arm where he had already taken a hit.

Jayser, being protected by the pod, suffers no damage.

Rein immediatly falls to the ground from the aftershock of the blast.

Tarech and Grunt both get hit hard, and damage to both of their arms are dealt. Neither they nor Thoruus will be able to use them for a while.

Jensen is killed. The spices are in his pod.

What do you do?

Pheonix Dace
26 November 2002, 06:31 PM
Thoruus' computer overloads the Imps' system while he grabs his computer and stuffs it in his backpack. He then, using his good arm, grabs his blaster and dives towards Jensen's body screaming "Blast it, I'm sorry guys! But I've got an idea!" Thoruus sets down his blaster and picks up Jensen's. He stes it to keep firing/overload fire mode and aims it at the post. He then sets it firing. He grabs his blaster and starts running, staying low. He dashes off, yelling back "Anyone who wants to live follow me. Hopefully this will work!"\

Possibly he runs into Rien, who knows?

Matt Richard
26 November 2002, 06:45 PM
You somehow kill two of the guards but the one with the detenators is still there. He tries to see if he can turn them all on and do a mass-chuck over the post onto you, but after he gets done setting them on, one of your wild shots hits the bag.

BOOM!!!

A large explosion gulfs the watchpost and knocks everyone to the ground. Thoruus falls and faints from the stress. Rein, recovering from the first blast, comes to the aid of Thoruus. "Blast!" mutters Rein, "Where's the princess?"

Armadious
26 November 2002, 08:42 PM
Since imeadiatly blowing up the pod will do little good now Jayser abandons her atempt to make it explode - but intends to do so before they leave the valley.

She moves to give what aid she can to the wounded persons before checking out the remains of the outpoast for anything useful, and to get a good look at the surrounding landscape. All the while on the lookout for other Imperials.

Sabre
26 November 2002, 10:07 PM
Tarech glances at the smouldering remains of the outpost on his way out of the area. "Looks like everyone is having a bad day." He draws his blaster pistol with his good arm, wincing as he looks at his wound. To distract himself from the pain he talks out loud to nobody in particular. "I hate getting blood stains on my suit. Especially when it's my blood. And I just had it cleaned..."

farr0095
27 November 2002, 02:44 AM
"No princess, no exotic minerals... But hey, explosions and a firefight! Cool," Rien says with a strangely gleeful look on his face for having just picked himself up off the ground after being thrown there by an explosion. "By the way, I'm Rien (pronounced Ryan)," he says, extending his hand to Thoruus.

"Looks like a dangerous situation here. What can I do to help?" Usually when someone says that in the middle of a battle, they are grimy (which the boy is, having just been thrown in the dirt), fatigued and scared of dying. Rien displays no fear, instead a foolish intoxication with the combat. It’s like he wants to be here.

Pheonix Dace
27 November 2002, 11:51 AM
Toruus holsters his blaster and shakes Rien's hand. "I'm Thoruus. I'm also the idiot that almost got us all killed. I'll try to be more careful in future. I guess you could call that ... um ... ex-guy over there our pilot." He moves over and switches off Jensen's blaster. Then, he enters the pod and takes out the spice. "I don't think we should leave here without this, do you?"

By the way, Matt, do the characters know each other or would they still be catching onto what other people can do? If we're still catching on, Thoruus says "I'm Thoruus Invad. My specialty is doing various stuff with computers, mostly hacking." The last part is said with a grin. Then he continues with "Before we go on, I'd like to know just what all of you can do. I'm not accustomed to working with people I don't know. Heck, I was nervous on my first Black Ops assignment, and I'd already been training with those guys for a week. So, who are you all?"

If the characters already know each other, just ignore that last part. Regardless, Thoruus continues on, nursing his injured arm with "Blast it, anybody got a medpac?" He looks up hopefully...

Matt Richard
27 November 2002, 03:53 PM
(Seeing how you guys are on call for the New Republic, its not likely you know each other that well. It may be a good idea to introduce yourselves like Thoruus has done, but be watchful of your surroundings :D...)

Pheonix Dace
27 November 2002, 04:18 PM
OOC: It would have just been embarrassing if we had forgotten the spice. Just imagine it, we finally reach the rebels and have forgotten the spice, we decide to go back and get it. By this time the pod has been discovered or blown up and the spice is lost "NOOOOOOO!" we scream. Either that or we steal it back from the imps, another adventure happening on the way. Now THAT would have been embarrassing.

farr0095
28 November 2002, 03:54 AM
Rien sticks close to Thoruus. When finding the rest of the group, he smiles at them. "Hi, I'm Rien (pronounced 'Ryan')!" He extends his hand to shake anyone's that he can, and also to help those fallen back to their feet.

He listens carefully to Thoruus' introduction. He follows suit. "I'm an intergalactic adventurer," he lies. "I saw your ship crash out of the sky and came to investigate and offer my assistance. But it seems that you handled yourselves without avail. Perhaps I can join you in your adventure?"

Pheonix Dace
28 November 2002, 04:31 AM
"Sure, uh ... Rien. While we did handle that pretty well, good job guys, we could always use somehelp. Are you familiar with the geography of this place?" By the way, we should probably be going really soon, because watchposts like that typically report in about every hour to see if anything's happened. So, when their latest signal doesn't go off, the Imps will send out a squad to see what happene." With that Thoruus turns back to Rien.

Noticing Rien completely devoid of a blaster, Thoruus promptly bends down, picks up Jensen's blaster and hands it to him. "You'll want one of these, kid. It would be better if it was your own, but you don't have one. As soon as we have a chance we should buy one for you, then we can throw away this one. After all, it's not very nice to have to use a dead man's gun."

The lat part is said with a smile, but then Thoruus grimaces and mutters under his breath "I should know." Rien is close and only he hears it...

farr0095
28 November 2002, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Pheonix Dace
"Sure, uh ... Rien. While we did handle that pretty well, good job guys, we could always use somehelp. Are you familiar with the geography of this place?" By the way, we should probably be going really soon, because watchposts like that typically report in about every hour to see if anything's happened. So, when their latest signal doesn't go off, the Imps will send out a squad to see what happene." With that Thoruus turns back to Rien.

"Yeah. I've grown up here. I can probably help you guys look around." Rien doesn't realize that he might have just given away that he's not actually an intergalactic adventurer.


Noticing Rien completely devoid of a blaster, Thoruus promptly bends down, picks up Jensen's blaster and hands it to him. "You'll want one of these, kid. It would be better if it was your own, but you don't have one. As soon as we have a chance we should buy one for you, then we can throw away this one. After all, it's not very nice to have to use a dead man's gun."

The lat part is said with a smile, but then Thoruus grimaces and mutters under his breath "I should know." Rien is close and only he hears it...

A bit perturbed at Thoruus' comment about carrying a dead man's blaster, Rien shrugs it off. "Thanks. A blaster might be a good idea." He smiles at the older man. "So, time to head out?"

Matt Richard
28 November 2002, 09:07 AM
Any other introductions before we move on?

Also, a mistake on my part - the location of the contact is writen on the container holding the spice. But, it is simply a numeric location, so you actually dont know how to get there. Rien would not be able to know the numeric location simply because these records are kept by the New Republic. The number is:

27 dash 2302 point 1138

Pheonix Dace
28 November 2002, 12:08 PM
Looking around, Thoruus agrees with Rien's statement. "So, you're an intergalactic adventurer who happens to be visiting home? I understand. Anyway ... uh, guys, what do you think? Should we head out? I think it's definitely a good possibility." He looks at the case.

"27 - 2302.1138? Nayone have any idea what that means?"

Armadious
28 November 2002, 06:24 PM
Jayser returns from her jaunt up the hill. "Nothing up there, the thermal detonators destroyed everything."

Seeing the others looking at her, she frouns slightly, "Oh, where are my manners. I am Jayser Alao, soon to be the best solar podracer in the galexy."

With that she moves over to Thoruus, and beguns to administer what first aid she knows.

Pheonix Dace
4 December 2002, 02:41 PM
OOC: Okay, I will habe to keep posting after every post, just because no-one else is going to post.

IC: Thoruus, picking up the spice, says "Well, I think we should be moving along. What do you guys think?" Then he turns and says "Come on." He starts to wonder which direction to go, then turns and asks Rien "Do you know where a large city is? Or how far away?"

farr0095
5 December 2002, 01:10 PM
"Oh, where are my manners. I am Jayser Alao, soon to be the best solar podracer in the galexy."

Rien gladly takes her hand, "Rien Dryznik, Intergalactic Adventurer Extrodinare. It's a pleasure to meet you. Sorry that the stuff up the hill isn't helpful to you."


Thoruus, picking up the spice, says "Well, I think we should be moving along. What do you guys think?" Then he turns and says "Come on." He starts to wonder which direction to go, then turns and asks Rien "Do you know where a large city is? Or how far away?"

"Naturally. There is no good reason to stay here. There's a large city back that way," he throws his thumb over his shoulder. "It's a good hike, but we might be able to find ourselves some transport. There's a road that heads through the valley over there. That's how I came out this way." He thinks for a second, biting his lip. "If we have to walk, it should take us several hours."

Pheonix Dace
12 December 2002, 01:58 PM
Thoruus says "I think someone else should carry the spice, because of my injured arm. Any takers?" He looks up hopefully. "Anyway, are there any objections to moving out to the city?"

OOC: Where is everyone?

Armadious
12 December 2002, 05:28 PM
Jayser gladly offers to help lug the Spice around... but after remembering that Grunt is nearby she sweetly asks him to tuck it under his arm.

She then glances at Rien and clasps her hands togather. "So, which way is the nearest city, and are there any transports avaliable between here and there?" She asks as she sets out, first setting the escape pods to blow in 10 minutes and then starting to move quickly out of the valy...

farr0095
13 December 2002, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by Armadious
She then glances at Rien and clasps her hands togather. "So, which way is the nearest city, and are there any transports avaliable between here and there?"

Nearly perfectly repeating himself, from what he just said to Thoruus, "There's a large city back that way," he throws his thumb over his shoulder. "It's a good hike, but we might be able to find ourselves some transport. There's a road that heads through the valley over there. That's how I came out this way." He thinks for a second, biting his lip. "If we have to walk, it should take us several hours."

Pheonix Dace
13 December 2002, 04:25 AM
"If we have to walk, it should take us several hours."

Thoruus looks intently at Rien. "If it takes us several hours to get to the city on foot, how far is it to the road? And how long would it be in a vehicle? Would we be more likely to find an Imperial transport than civilian?" Thoruus thankx Jayser for giving the spice to Grunt.

farr0095
13 December 2002, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Pheonix Dace
Thoruus looks intently at Rien. "If it takes us several hours to get to the city on foot, how far is it to the road? And how long would it be in a vehicle? Would we be more likely to find an Imperial transport than civilian?" Thoruus thankx Jayser for giving the spice to Grunt.

"Umm," Rien thinks, scratching his head, "It took me no more than ten or twenty minutes to get from the road to here. In a vehicle, it would take us maybe an hour or so to get to town. And I'd guess we'd find a civilian transport." He shugs.

Pheonix Dace
19 December 2002, 07:43 PM
OOC: Look, I can't make a decision for the whole group (unless you all voted me head, which I doubt VERY much :D ).

IC:

Thoruus looks at the others and then back at Rien. "Okay, I think we should head for the road and commandeer a vehicle. We can get around faster and it's possible we can get ... um ... (Thoruus looks at Rien and then turns back to the group) ... um ... this ... thing we were ... hired to deliver to the guy ... you know, we have to get this to the guy? Anyway, Jayser, is it possible you could fly any vehicle we find? I mean, you just said you were a racer, so ... do you think you could fly a ship we found?"

He looks over at Rien and says "We're international delivery boys :D .

OOC: Yes, my character just lied ... a lot, but just in case. Never can be too careful.

Matt Richard
24 December 2002, 10:59 AM
After the group decides to get to the nearest road, Thoruus notices a shining light off to where the Imperial Post used to be, and he finally realizes that those imperials couldnt have just been placed in that post, they had to get there somehow.

After walking up to the x-Imperial Post, he finds a landspeeder, with just enough room for everyone.