PDA

View Full Version : Why has Kashyyyk not fallen yet ?

Corsair
24 November 2002, 04:04 AM
Ok. I have only read up to Star by Star.

But I cant seem to remember the exact reason why Kashyyyk has not yet fallen to the YV invasion force.

Can anyone help me on this?

Rogue Janson
24 November 2002, 06:17 AM
I believe the technical reason is that it's a planet full of angry wookiees and that's given even the Yuzzhan Vong pause for thought.

farr0095
24 November 2002, 07:58 AM
I think Rogue Janson has it right, but I seem to recall some discussion that I read about how a certain respect. In addition to being powerful warriors, Wookies do a lot with nature. While they do use technology, perhaps they are put on the back burner because they don't rely on it as much as other worlds. That makes some sense to me at least too.

Jericho_Narcas
24 November 2002, 01:00 PM
I doubt even the Vong look forward to facing a planet full of angry Wookiees. Not to mention the fact that Kashyyyk is best described as a layered death-trap, so the Vong would need more than a little luck finding a landing site on Kashyyyk big enough to stage an army without the whole thing turning into a Jurassic Park episode. Unless the Vong attack from space, my guess is that Kasyyyk will remain pretty safe.

ElfWord
24 November 2002, 02:53 PM
Besides the military logistics of taking over Kashyyyk, I'd imagine there's a little bit more to the YV's hesitancy. There are probably a large amount of religious issues. Kashyyyk is a very natural planet, inhabited by a fierce warrior race which has for the most part rejected technology. The YV gods might have a problem with them destroying yet another planet which is untouched by the corruption of technology.

strensk
25 November 2002, 09:00 AM
The angry Wookie idea would probably deter me a bit too.

Plus it seems like the NR has just drawn their line in the sand so to speak. I guess they don't want to have to deal with angry Wookies when the war is over. Which is a smart tactic.

EmprorsHand03
25 November 2002, 09:20 AM
I believe that Wookiees use technology as much as any other species in the SW universe. Kashyyk is a death trap though There is no where to land on the planet unless you burn a spot out from space and then you have to climb up to the tree levels to subdue the population. It is not impossible though look what the Vong did to Coruscant. There is virtually no where to land there either. It would be very difficult since the Wookiees are natural climbers, the Vong are not.

Corsair
26 November 2002, 05:56 AM
Cool. Thanks heaps guys. This is pretty much what I thought it would be, just wasnt sure if I was right or not.

Thankyou.