PDA

View Full Version : Could be important: Should this be happening? (SWRPGNetwork problem)

dgswensen
27 November 2002, 12:14 PM
I have recently been having some problems with my password. I've forgotten my old password and want to reset it (so I can log in on other machines besides this one), and I've filled out the form to email me my new password. Well, whenever I click the link sent in the mail, it says the address is invalid and to try again:

The address that you have used to request a new password is not valid. Please request a new address be sent to you by using this form

I've done this many times to no avail.

But even more alarming, this latest time, when I fill out fhe form, it says it will take me back to where I was before, but tries to forward me to http://ref.spoof.org/refspoof.cgi.

Needless to say, that doesn't sound right. Am I missing something important here? Is someone fooling with swrpgnetwork?

A little help here, please.

Arcome
27 November 2002, 10:22 PM
It's possible that the site might be hacked, this site is probably a level 8 difficulty, but that won't stop some people from hacking away. They could even delete your account. I know of places to where hacking is nothing more than a game too people. Some sites are just the level that they have to beat, like a boss.--Arcome

Anikka Nesson
28 November 2002, 12:09 PM
this happened to me last year, I just ended up changeing my E-mail accout and name here. I wasn't posting that much so it didn't matter.
you shouldent have to do that, and I don't think it's a hacker, it's a knot in the programing that just needs to be worked out. Did you send something to the staff? I would suggest that if you haven't yet do it. Don't overreact and panic, unless they do.:)

Moridin
28 November 2002, 12:23 PM
I'm looking into it, but unfortunately I know Linux but not vBulletin, so I'm sort of at a loss. I'm going to poke Armage into looking into it ASAP.

Nafai
28 November 2002, 12:45 PM
I've tested and confirmed this bug, but for anyone that has been affected by this--as long as you don't delete your swrpgnetwork cookies, you'll be fine in the interim, as evidenced by my posting here, under my normal account. Everything remains accesable, except the ability to change or receive a new password.