PDA

View Full Version : Questions on Unifying Force

Matt Richard
28 November 2002, 09:00 AM
First off, let me say that this is a very good idea, and should be quite enjoyable. Also, I have a few questions. How does one go about helping out with Unifying Force (like being a gm, etc.)? I understand the Network runs on invitation-based leadership, so does the same hold true for UF?

Moridin
28 November 2002, 11:47 AM
Ah, no no no. The idea is going to go a little like this:

I (or an approved writer) writes an adventure for the campaign. The adventure is then distributed through the 'Network to anyone who wants to download it. They then run the adventure with their own group, and send a report back to me, where I read them and catalogue the results. Based on those reports, the next author to be affected by the outcome then writes his adventure accordingly, and the process repeats. The setting will be the Decimus Sector, but adventures may stray from the Sector into other homebrew Sectors (like the Kurlnova Sector, etc.) for an adventure or trilogy.

I'm going to move this to the SWRPGNetwork forum for all to read...

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
28 November 2002, 12:16 PM
Which era is the campaign going to take place in?

Moridin
28 November 2002, 12:26 PM
That has yet to be decided. I'm tempted to say "Clone Wars," since that will be what many people will be familiar with, and will allow Jedi, and is accessible to a large crowd. TotJ is a little too far out for some people, and the NJO too controversial. New Republic has a little too much history and continuity to worry about, but it's a possibility. Rebellion is probably the second closest possibility, but no Jedi allowed makes it difficult. So, that's definitely one of the areas I want input on.

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
28 November 2002, 12:35 PM
The Clone Wars time period would be sweet (possibly with the culminating event being the Great Purge, but everyone would have to understand that it was goint to happen).

The Rebellion would be a good choice too. Rubbing shoulders with the Heroes of Yavin, players could compete to become members of Rogue Squadron and, while the Jedi would have to be a limited number, they could just follow the rules in the RCRB about taking a Jedi class at the 3rd level or above (and possibly only after approval from the Unifying Force GMs).

ElfWord
28 November 2002, 06:49 PM
If there are any oppurtunities for community members to help out with this project, I would love to be of assistance.
I like the clone wars era idea. People are definitely going to want to play Jedi characters. Plus, it will be less trouble for GMs when dealing with Jedi issues because they can always ask themselves, "What would the council do?"

Digital Ruse
30 November 2002, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by ElfWord
"What would the council do?" [/B]

Is that sort of like...WWJD...you know..."What Would Jedi Do?"

Don't hate me. :D ;) :p

-DR