PDA

View Full Version : Kommando Han Solo????

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
1 December 2002, 06:21 PM
So I'm looking through Amazon, checking to see the date that the first Force Heretic was to be released and I stumbled accross this (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1400055121/ref=pd_sbs_b_4/102-0793320-3714529?v=glance&s=books). I suppose that this is the next book in the X-Wing series. But that begs the question - Who's the author? And it looks like it's to be published next month. Is this for real?

ElfWord
1 December 2002, 07:36 PM
Here's what I discovered:
I believe that you have found the German translation of the book "Solo Command".
I found a German page and translated it into English, and here is the description I got, roughly translated: "In order to break the power of the over-powerful "iron fist", Wedge Antilles forges a daring plan:
With a copied Millennium falcons attack its people the bases of the war gentleman Zsinj - a mission, which only one man can lead, tore likewise like Zsinj themselves:
Han solo one, the living legend from the war against the Imperium... ". This book Kommando Han Solo is written by Aaron Allston
I suggest that anyone who has the book Solo Command compare the descriptions and see if the author is the same.

While looking, I also found this incredibly nifty timeline here. (http://www.randomhouse.com/delrey/starwars/timeline.html)

EDIT: WOOOHOOOOOOO!!! 6.00 posts per day. I hope you all have found every one of them helpful or amusing.

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
1 December 2002, 08:03 PM
I thought that it's title was a little too close to that of Solo Command. Thanks for the research Elfword.

Marusame
2 December 2002, 01:03 AM
Shoot, for about two seconds there I thought we might actually get another X-Wing book. *goes back to read Wraith Squadron for the seventh time*

Corsair
2 December 2002, 03:49 AM
ROFL.

Another X-Wing book would be cool .. but wouldnt that be screwing with the timeline a bit .. not to mention breaking contracts/law/something like this ?

Either way, it would be funny to see.

ElfWord
2 December 2002, 06:34 PM
Sorry to dissapoint guys. There is still hope though! Just because a book is "messing with the timeline" doesn't mean it can't be published. It's easy for an author to write something that still fits in but takes place farther back in the timeline.

Jerome Leavy
4 December 2002, 01:57 PM
It could be about any group of X-Wings; and could open up new RPG possibilites........

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
4 December 2002, 02:44 PM
Like having a book(s) about Wraith Squadron?

Jerome Leavy
4 December 2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by FrobiWanKenobi
Like having a book(s) about Wraith Squadron?

Sure, or any other squardron in the NJO series........quite a few new squadrons were mentioned in the Rebel Dream/Stand part of the series.

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
4 December 2002, 02:57 PM
The Wraiths have 3 books. Wraith Squadron, Iron Fist, & Solo Command.

Talon Razor 'GM'
4 December 2002, 03:33 PM
Don't do this to me!! I read the first post and my heart skipped a beat. Oh well.

And am I the only one that thought Rebel Stand/Dream was really weak and cruddy. I don't like A.A. either. ;)

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
4 December 2002, 04:05 PM
I got all worked up too Talon.

I thought that the majority of SW Readers really liked the Enemies Lines Duology.

Moose
4 December 2002, 06:55 PM
ooh another Wraith book would be great. I think they need to start writing more books that occur before the NJO, IMHO they are the most interesting and believable.