PDA

View Full Version : Mace Windu's death?

Poof's Padawan
3 December 2002, 01:28 PM
All I want to know is does Mace Windu die? I would also like to know how if anyone knows.

dgswensen
3 December 2002, 01:32 PM
"All the Jedi die in Episode III during the Clone Wars. I told George [Lucas] I didn't mind dying, I just didn't want to go out like some punk," Jackson told The Calgary Sun, adding, "George said that was fine and he'd see what he could do about a fitting death scene for Mace."
-Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson Talks About The Death Of Mace Windu

Samuel L. Jackson says that he is preparing for his character Mace Windu's big death scene in Star Wars: Episode III. "I know what's going to happen," Jackson said in an interview. "I gotta go there. I gotta die."

Jackson went on to explain that he had a lunch meeting with George Lucas last month, during which time he tried to find out details of his character's impending demise. "We were just talking about stuff," Jackson said. "And then [Lucas] finally said, 'Okay, so you know you've got to die. I haven't quite figured out how I'm going to kill you yet, because I guess you're the most important guy that's going to die. In the other ones, Obi Wan is still there and Yoda's still alive and Darth is still there.' So I become the most important character that can die. I guess it's got to be pretty dynamic. So he's working that out."

So it seems pretty cut and dried at this point that he dies. How, no one can say yet.

Personally I hope he goes out fighting Vader. Not much chance of that, probably. But I can hope.

Rogue Janson
3 December 2002, 02:02 PM
Who's out there to kill him?
If it's personal we've got three potential villians - Sidious, Dooku and Anakin.
I definitely don't see Sidious killing Windu personally, I don't see Dooku defeating Windu. So Anakin is the odds on favourite there. But Anakin's also got a duel with Obi-Wan to get over (and if he doesn't fall in a molten pit at the end of it I'm going to be so annoyed).

If it's not Anakin - I can't decide whether it's likely to be or not - it's got to be whatever mass enemy is going to be in epIII - will the clones be the enemy now?

Sabre
3 December 2002, 02:07 PM
My guess is that it will be something to do with Boba Fett. We've been told that Mandalorians have something to do with the extermination of the Jedi and that Fett wears Mandalorian armor, and Boba Fett has good reasons to hate Mace Windu.

Fred Getce
3 December 2002, 02:41 PM
The whole Mandalorian thing is from the EU and GL is literally making Star Wars history as he goes.

I picture the following to happen.

Mace Windu is in the Jedi Temple preparing to leave. The Jedi are doomed. Mass rioting in th streets. The Jedi have been fingered as the cause of the Clone Wars and all the deaths that followed. Mace is putting the last few Jedi artifacts into a large bag to take with him so the Jedi lore and history will not simply fade away; when the doors to the council chamber opens. We then hear the ominous breathing and we know...Vader is in the house (Anakins duel vs OB1 will be second to last).

Mace: "Whose there?"

Vader: "..."

Mace: "Who are you?"

Vader: "You know who I am Master Windu."

Mace: "I don't...(a look of realization comes over his face) Anakin?"

Vader: "No longer. That name is dead thanks to Obi-Wan. I have a new name. Darth Vader. And a new master."

Cackling laugh and in comes Master Sidious.

Mace: "Anakin we can help you."

Vader: "Windu do you remember what you said the day Qui-Gon Jinn brought me before you and the Jedi Council?"

Mace: "That you would not be trained."

Vader: "Correct. But I no longer requiring training. I am the greatest of all Jedi."

A red lightsabre ignites

Vader: "Even greater than you."

A purple lightsabre ignites.

Mace: "Anakin it doesn't have to be like this. Turn away. Don't give in to your feelings."

(They clash lightsabres momentarily)

Vader: "You are wrong Windu. It shall be this way. The Jedi of old are no more. Now is the time of change. A time for a new leader. A time for a New Order."

They than fight with unbelievable power. However Mace Windu falls to Vader and his cruel use of the darkside powers. Than Sidious approaches Windu.

Sidious: "Excellent my apprentice. Now you understand the true nature of the Force. And as for you "Master" Windu. You...will...die."

(Cruel smile like we've all seen before in ROTJ and the Force lightning comes forth and ravages Windu's body. Through the pain Windu makes one prophetic line before his death.)

Windu: "Your day shall come Sith Lord. A day will come when the son of the suns will return and re-light the hope of freedom and give a new birth to the Jedi Order. He will put an end to the Sith Empire and your New Order once and for all.

(once again we hear the cakling laugh of the Emperor Palpatine before he unloads tremendous force lightning)

After it is done they both approach the balcony of the Jedi Temple over looking Coruscant, Master and Apprentice, and the dark hood falls back to reveal Chancellor Palpatine.

Emperor Palpatine/Master Sidious: "Now our revenge is complete."
(So Mace Windu will be the first victim of the newly formed Darth Vader)

The End

Well something like that :) ;) :D B)

Poof's Padawan
3 December 2002, 05:21 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rogue Janson
[ I don't see Dooku defeating Windu.

Actually I have read in official books that only two people have ever beaen Mace Windu at a duel. Yoda and Jedi Master Dooku. Dooku was a power Jedi before he became a Sith so it's possible there.

Rogue Janson
4 December 2002, 04:51 AM
Boba Fett certainly has reason to hate the jedi and especially Windu, but am I right thinking the gap between AotC and the next film is only going to be something like 4 years? So not really long enough for boba to develop into a deadly jedi killer.

Anyway, how about this scene:

Mace Windu is leaving the jedi temple. The streets of Coruscant are dark and forbidding, with numerous nooks and crevaces to hide potential attackers.

Windu walks on slowly and looks around nervously.

From the darkened recess between two buildings comes a chattering whisper and a pair of eyes watch Windu carefully as he approaches.

Suddenly, the figure, dressed in a black robe pulled tight over its head jumps out, a gun in its hands. Windu grasps for his lightsabre, but is too late and he takes the full force of the blast. For a second he stands as the weapon's discharge sparks around him, then he falls heavily to ground.

Windu's mysterious assailant lets out a terrible cry of triumph at having defeated the jedi.

"Ooteenee!"

Seghast
4 December 2002, 06:19 AM
Fear the Jawa!

Jim Williams
4 December 2002, 07:22 AM
I'm thinking Boba Fett will somehow kill Mace. And I think I read somewhere (Insider?) that Bounty hunters, especially Aurra Sing, will be helping destroy the Jedi.

Anyway, even if that is incorrect, Boba is supposed to be in EpIII, and the only reason to bring him back is to kill Mace.

Maybe he'll shoot his eye out with a slingshot or something.

Moose
6 December 2002, 11:31 AM
For me I would most like to see a duel between Anakin and Windu. I am not ruling out Boba taking him down, but realistically I think Mace would defeat Boba with ease. What I really see is Mace giving himself to the force completely as hoards of Clones make an assault on the last few surviving Jedi...Obi and Yoda. Mace will take down a plethora of these troops, but as Obi Wan and Yoda take off they see the mass of Clones envelop the purple lightsaber wielding Jedi

Codym
6 December 2002, 02:18 PM
Try this idea on for size:

Mace Windu versus an army of clones. They surround him, his lightsaber spinning, deflecting shots, but the clones are forcing him back against a wall with a heavy barrage of fire from them blasters. He defends well, but he is out match, and out gunned. For all the shots he manages to deflect, some manage to get through.

But just at that darkest point, the clones stop. Mace, exhausted and wounded, watches silently as the clones part for a newcomer. A young maori boy wearing familiar armour, a big blaster in one hand, a battled helmet in the other. The boy walks forward, cold eyes on Mace, his face emotionless. They look knowingly at each other, as Mace acepts his fate. The boy raises the weapon.

We see a flash of light, and Mace's lightsaber hits the ground.

The boy drops the weapon, and retrives the lightsaber, his first trophy. He then puts on the helmet, our first view of the fully armoured Boba Fett, and then silently walks back through the crowd of clones.

Doubt it will play out this way, but it seems like a nice way to do it.

coolcosh
6 December 2002, 03:52 PM
Personally, I would like Mace to go out with a cheap shot. He keep more of his uber-coolness if you could say "He would have survived if Darth,Dooku,Sidious and Boba didn't team up on him at once. Look see! He almost made it facing 3 siths and a bounty hunter"

Rogue Janson
7 December 2002, 03:57 AM
If Mace was overwhelmed by an army it would be a change to normal SW deaths - if you think about it, all serious characters are effectively killed in personal combat.

Here's an idea. Over in another thread Codym has said he doesn't think Anakin will kill any jedi in epIII. I'm not sure I agree with this, because it seems to me it wouldn't make him evil enough. How about this though - even though Anakin doesn't kill any jedi, he is responsible for their deaths. Specifically, since this is a thread about him, Mace Windu's death. Not thought about how exactly this might happen, but it's an idea.

Reed
10 December 2002, 09:24 AM
I have a little tidbit that may make quite a few people upset, considering its implications.

On the AOTC DVD there is an audio commentary by George Lucas where he flat out states that Mace Windu will die at the end of the Clone Wars.

Judging from what has to happen in Episode III, the Clone Wars will end farely early in the movie, meaning he isn't going to last very long in the movie.

However, there is some hope, there is still a long time for Goerge Lucas to change his mind. He also said that the plot of the movie will involve the spirit thing. We may finally get an explaination for why some Jedi disappear when they die and why others do not.

If you remember in AOTC after Anakin chops up some of those poor Tuskens, it cuts to Yoda meditating and you can hear Qui-Gon Jinn talking. GL also said on the AOTC DVD that Yoda had made contact with Qui-Gon there and that it is the first time that any Jedi has had contact from someone who has passed on. Perhaps Mace Windu may be featured as a spirit for the movie. Also this may implicate that Qui-Gon may return as well as a spirit. Who would of thought that Qui-Gon would be the first Jedi to become a spirit?

Anyways, with all that said I would like to say that I think Mace Windu should fall at the hands of Darth Vader. It should be the end duel of the movie. Every Episode, except ANH, has a duel at the end of the movie.
It would be cool.

Jedi Master Talon
18 December 2002, 09:14 AM
Since Windu is going to die he better go out in a blaze of glory, that's what I'd be happy with if he died.

Arcome
18 December 2002, 10:56 AM
I said this about 2 months back, Mace does get killed by Boba Fett. He desinigrates(however you spell it) his purple lightsaber carrying butt. That's why in ep VI Darth Vader said "No desingrations" to Boba Fett when he was sent to get Han Solo. It makes a lot of since if you think about it.

Reverend Strone
18 December 2002, 09:04 PM
Sounds good Arcome. I buy that scenario (though you might be giving Lucas too much credit with that connection), but when you say you know, what do you mean? Have you read spoiler reports (if so, please include a spoiler warning and format the text accordingly), or are you simply surmising?

Seghast
19 December 2002, 08:11 AM
I hope Lucas won't let Mace die like that. Granted, Boba becomes the best bounty hunter in the galaxy, and even Jedi are not invulnerable to weapons fired by an average person (or not so average bounty hunter), but I'd find that to be a really lame death for such a cool character. If Mace doesn't get a wicked fight scene where he shows us just how much of a bad mutha &*!$@# he is, I might have to go smack Lucas around with a Windu replica saber, just to avenge Mace "The Man" Windu. :mad:

Odin
29 December 2002, 06:21 AM
Hi! Here's a new user who has been lurking at this forums for couple of weeks now, since I bought the RCR (and Tempest Feud too). Anyway, I thought I could add some of my own thoughs into this topic.

We all know there are two sith, first Palpatine and Dooku and then later on Palpatine and Vader (so how does Dooku / Tyranus die?? :?). But in the SW sourcebooks there are the Dark Jedi, marauders and such. I've also seen a bunch of them in EU (like the Jedi Knight games), so why wouldn't GL actually use a bunch of Dark Jedi to fight Windu? I mean, Palpatine and Dooku could have trained them perhaps?

Codym
29 December 2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Odin

We all know there are two sith, first Palpatine and Dooku and then later on Palpatine and Vader (so how does Dooku / Tyranus die?? :?). But in the SW sourcebooks there are the Dark Jedi, marauders and such. I've also seen a bunch of them in EU (like the Jedi Knight games), so why wouldn't GL actually use a bunch of Dark Jedi to fight Windu? I mean, Palpatine and Dooku could have trained them perhaps?

The "Only Two" rule is basically a response to the EU and its endless supply of Dark Jedi, so I'm afraid you'll only get to see 3 darksiders in the next movie. It seems more likely Mace will be killed by a pre-exsisting character, specifically Boba (who has a motive to do it) or Dooku (chances of Palpatine actually offing someone are slim to none.) It will be interesting none the less, but concidering the layout of the Star Wars films, his death will probably be a rather brief but dramatic scene (as opposed to a full blown duel.)

Rogue Janson
30 December 2002, 10:00 AM
Apparently in Lucas' conception there are no 'dark jedi', there are simply jedi and sith. So while technically there could be other dark side force users who are not sith, thus don't break the rule of two, it's not going to happen.
I also agree with Codym that his death will likely be brief but dramatic - although he's a powerful character, he's not a central character and the SW movies are so pushed for time duels have to be restricted to characters central to the plots.
Although having said that, were he killed by Anakin, that would involve a duel, but Anakin already has to fight one duel in the film, with obi-wan (and I suspect he may kill Dooku as well).

I still stick with the Jawas as the most likely.

Odin
31 December 2002, 06:13 AM
The "Only Two" rule is basically a response to the EU and its endless supply of Dark Jedi
Makes sense, I guess. Anyway, we all know it's Boba.. I mean, would they have showed that thing with the helmet in ep2 if he wouldn't whack Windu in the next episode? :D

Talon Razor 'GM'
31 December 2002, 10:37 AM
Ha! I have it from offical word how Mace dies his heroic death.

He is walking along a Corscuant balcony when he trips and falls off into his death. And thus dies a great, albiet clumsy, Jedi.:D

Have a great New Year's all!

hisham
31 December 2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Talon Razor 'GM'
Ha! I have it from offical word how Mace dies his heroic death.

He is walking along a Corscuant balcony when he trips and falls off into his death. And thus dies a great, albiet clumsy, Jedi.:D

If this happens I hope they use the infamous "Wilhelm" death scream sound effect! :D

Seghast
31 December 2002, 04:53 PM
The Goofy scream! Ah-hoo-hoo-hoyyyyyy!

Reverend Strone
31 December 2002, 07:51 PM
I wouldn't necessarily take it as a given that we won't see any new Dark-siders in the next movie. While the whole Rule of Two thing is supposed to prevent there being more than two Sith at a time, is it not possible that as Sidious/Palpatine grooms Anakin, Dooku may himself choose to groom an apprentice of his own?

In making Ep 2 there were a ton of drawings done of female Dark-siders that never made it in to the finished film. Lucas wastes little. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a new red-sabre weilding dark chick in Ep 3, just to mix things up a little. It could even be the catalyst for the final fate of Dooku?

Just a thought.

Codym
1 January 2003, 12:36 AM
Anything is possible, though I err on my original statement for the sole reason that Episode III is in danger of becoming overly cluttered as it is. If Dooku does have a secret apprentice, I feel it will mostly be a back up character - another Darth Maul type if you will - in case of the unthinkable happening - Christopher Lee passing away before the completion of the film. More than likely, however, he will have chosen another bounty hunter to replace Jango, perhaps even that chick from the dark horse comics (cannot recall her name.)

As for the female Sith designs, they date back to Phantom. That red-haired, blue skinned she-devil that appears in the Art of Episode I is still one of the best villian designs I've ever seen, and would have liked to have seen her on screen. Episode III may be that chance, but personally, I'd like to keep it down to the established characters.

Sorry for going off topic. Now for something slightly more on topic - what if Mace is the man behind the clones and the file erasure as hinted at in the comentary of AOTC? Perhaps Mace's death will not be so much as heroic, but as redeeming?

Wedge in Red2
1 January 2003, 01:06 AM
I hate to say this, but Mace's fate has been hinted at on these very boards! Check out this thread:

http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8326

That's right, folks. Mace Windu is killed by Jar Jar Binks :D. I heard Lucas himself read the thread and thought it was the best idea he'd heard. Of course, knowing George, no credit will be given where due...

On a serious note, I guess we just have to wait for episode 3...which is still a couple of years away, darn it!

Jon

P.S. Rogue Janson - love the Jawa idea too :D.

Bombaatu
2 January 2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Codym
chances of Palpatine actually offing someone are slim to none.

Hrm... now I'm beginning to wonder. Ep VI shows Paply in all his Sith glory, and we *know* that GL likes to repeat himself. Somehow I see something like this...

(A bloody and battered Mace bursts into Paplatine's office)
"Supreme Chancellor! The Jedi have been betrayed! Most of them have been killed!"
(Papatine turns and gets an Evil Smile (tm). Mace's expression turns to one of puzzlement)
"I know, Master Windu... and now, you shall die as well. " *ZARK* (Force Lightning)

Reverend Strone
2 January 2003, 11:32 PM
Nice theories Codym, and sound reasoning too. I wouldn't be too surprised if it turned out very much like that.

Bombaatu's scenario works well too, and even if it doesn't end up being Mace who gets cooked I could easily see it being one of the other council members who bites the big one in that fashion.

Jeskan
4 January 2003, 09:45 AM
I think it would be fitting if Boba killed Mace. I think it might go something like this.

Mace stares out a window in his personal chambers, concentraiting on all that has gone on in the past few years. Thiking about the many dead jedi. Sudenly he pulls out his light saber and leaps across the room as the very place he has standing at explodes into a ball of fire.
Mace stands up and from looks at the smoke covering the hole in the wall. Two bolts of blaster fire shoots out at Mace, but he parries both shots away. The smoke quickly clears to show an armored man wearing a familiar helmet.
Mace lunges at Boba, but Boba jumps back into the air and keeps himself hovering with his jetpack as Mace stumbles to keep his balance at the edge of the hole. Boba fires two more shots. Mace easily deflects both back. One shot blows Boba's rifle out of his hand and the other hits Boba in the left wrist. Boba surprizes Mace with a shot from a wrist mounted laser that blasts Mace's lightsaber out of his hand and down through the skies of Coruscaunt. Mace raises his hand and a wave of force energy knocks Boba's jetpack off of Boba's back.
Boba quickly shots his wrist cable at an eposed rafter on the ceiling of Mace's room and swings into the room. Mace and Boba get into a fist fight. The fight brings them closer and closer to the edge as Boba tries to hit Mace with the rocket darts at his kneas. Mace dodge them and kicks Boba in the face, knocking him over the edge. Mace lets out a sigh that is quikly muffled by the sound of the Slave 1's engines. Boba stands on top of the ship and stares at Mace for a moment. The ship rises until the dual Blaster cannons focuses on Mace. Mace closes his eyes and prepares himself for his coming demise.

Rogue Janson
4 January 2003, 10:43 AM
While I agree that Boba has motivation and dramatic plausibility to kill Windu, the main factor against, for me is still his age. I don't know how long there is between episodes II and III, but as I said before, I don't believe it's all that long. Before Boba can even think of taking on Windu it's going to be what, a decade? Even then, he'll be a lot less experienced than his father, whom Windu bested and certainly from what we saw of him in RotJ, he doesn't seem to have that sort of prodigal talent.

Reed
7 January 2003, 09:33 AM
I agree that Boba will not be old enough to take on Mace Windu by Episode III because I heard that there is only 2-3 year time gap between AOTC and III. Plus I think a more heroic death is fitting for Mace Windu. I know he's not a central character but GL said that he will be even more pivotal in III from the previous episodes, nearly being as important as Obi-Wan Kenobi.

I also heard though that on the AOTC DVD in an audio commentary that George said that Mace will die at the end of the Clone Wars, which are supposed to end faily early in the film. Perhaps he'll return as a spirit or something. George said that the "spirit thing" will have a large role in the plot of III in his commentary as well.

I personnaly believe that he should die at the hands of Vader. It would symbolize the fall of the Jedi Order rather well in my eyes. Perhaps the end duel of the movie could involve Obi-Wan, Mace, and Vader (ala Duel of the Fates) and Vader will use 2 lightsabers, his red one, and Anakin's blue one. Obi-Wan would somehow have to gain possession of Anakin's saber and escape while Windu dies.

It would be cool.

Jeskan
9 January 2003, 11:33 AM
I know what u are saying, but I think it would be justice if Mace died at the hands of Boba. That would be the turning point for Boba Fett, from being a little boy to a ruthless killer. and I believe it is close to ten years between 2 and 3. Boba could have trained alot during those years just for the sake of revange and his hatred for the Jedi, and that would be why he is so feared in the rebellion era. The fact that he killed one of the greatist Jedi would make him seem more deadly than having hunted down an untolled amount of bountys, also. That would also be the reason why Boba is alowed to talk to talk to Vader the way he does( like the scenes on Bespin). Vader may have fought Windu and they could have ended their battle as a stale mate, but then Boba actualy kils him.

Nova Spice
9 January 2003, 05:14 PM
That would be the turning point for Boba Fett, from being a little boy to a ruthless killer. and I believe it is close to ten years between 2 and 3.

Actually, the timeline gap is two years, meaning little Boba will only be around twelve. That's been established for quite some time.

Still, I mean, the little guy was able to operate Slave I at only ten years of age, so I guess its feasible, but highly unlikely, that he could hunt down Mace and kill him. It would be humorous to see a twelve year old vape a Jedi Master! :D

FULONGAMER
9 January 2003, 09:52 PM
In the possibilities before us, there are several plausible,

(Artoo, in the Hangar Bay, With the Gaffi Stick!)

No, really,

1) Anakin, he is turning ever faster to the Dark side, he blames the Jedi for his mother's death, and he resents Mace's initial refusal to see him trained. Also he has a future history of ensuring the elimination of the Jedi order, and his betrayaland assassination of Mace would be the key warning that allows Yoda to escape and sets up the fabled Anakin Obi-Wan duel.

2) Dooku, he doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would let Mace slide for drawing down on him at Geonosis, and may perhaps die in the process, mutual destruction set up by Sidious to usher his real target apprentice, Vader onto the scene.

3) Boba, who does not have to remain a mere 10-12 year old. His financial holdings are certainly enough to pay for a Kamino Growth Accelleration treatment, hurdling 10 years of development in 1 or 2 (since it takes 5 years to develop a 20-30 year old body). This is one method, or simply at the controls of Slave 1. To usher Boba Fett onto the galaxy stage with his reputation he will likely be under some kind of Growth Stim, the only question is will it be after the vengeance on Mace or before. Another Boba point, since he is now the closest genetic template for the Clone Army, unaltered to increace obedience and such, he would still be vital to the Clone project. There may be a danger of quality control depletion by virtue of cloning a clone, thereby explaining the essential quality drop in the successive generations that probably form the bulwark of the eventual Stormtrooper population, but there would be less danger templating off Boba's relatively unmodified code than the existing Clonetrooper models.

4) Sidious, not essentially likely, he's far too comfortable pulling strings in the background, but it is still possible GL will keep with the ressurection of themes and have the Emperor Unveiled scene involve a Crispy Fritter Windu and a Stalking Anakin/Vader.

5) Clonetroopers, under the comand of Boba, Dooku, Anakin, or Sidious overwhelming Mace and other Jedi in an unthinkable scene of carnage as the crusade against the jedi unfolds. The ultimate degradation of the galaxy will undoubtedly come about on the stage of Clone vs Clone superslaughters. The "Republic" opened the pandora's box by fielding a clone army. The Kaminoans said explicitly "one of the finest we've ever created" regarding the clonetroopers of AotC, implying there were other armies out there. Because the Republic did it first, with the support of the (often alien)Jedi, the resultant galaxy spanning carnage and devaluation of human life will be blamed squarely at the feet of the Republic and the Jedi. Allowing Palpatine's declaration of the Empire and "The New Order" to be the popular choice in the aftermath. With this mandate, he can then see to the swift elimination of the Jedi as "war criminals", having the surviving Clone forces they once commanded turn on their Jedi battle leaders. The Obedience programming of the Clonetroopers almost certainly has a "Back Door" command subroutine allowing Sidious/Palpatine to subvert direct control of them in a Galaxy spanning move to consolidate his power and leave no room for dissention.

6) Jar-Jar accidentally backs the Republic Cruiser into the Jedi Council Chamber when all hell beaks loose and they are expecting an airlift/evac but are incinerated in the engine wash instead.

FULONGAMER
9 January 2003, 10:18 PM
Mace Windu- found dead on Coruscant at approximately 20.45pm. The body was found at the foot of the stairs leading to the Jedi Temple, on a spot marked "X". Senator Jar-Jar Binks found the body. Apparently, his shrieks were heard in the Senate hall nearby! Does Senator Binks protest too much?

Cause of death has yet to be determined, but there are several likely objects around the temple that could have been used:

Chief suspects have to be the guests who are here for the weekend.

All seem anxious to talk!

Who committed the crime?
Boba Fett
Count Dooku
Darth Sidious
Anakin Skywalker
Senator Binks
The Clonetrooper

What was the weapon used?
Vibroblade - found in the Meditation Chamber
Lightsaber - found in the Training Hall
Blaster - found in the Council Chamber
Cable - found in the Great Hall
Gaffi Stick - found in the Hangar Bay
Hydro-Spanner - found in the Kitchen

In which room the crime was committed?
Student Quarters
Meditation Chamber
Training Hall
Kitchen
Great Hall
Hangar Bay
Landing Platform
Archives
Council Chamber

MWA HAHA HAHAHAHAA!

Rogue Janson
10 January 2003, 03:15 AM
Senator Binks was called in to give a statement earlier today.

"Mesa just haven un ikkle brek from da senate when BOOM! dissa bombad jedi come crashen thru da windows DEAD! Mesa no see what happen. Dissen a great loss for da republic."

The whereabouts of jedi Anakin Skywalker are unknown, but a figure was seen leaving the area dressed in black armoured suit and a black cape. Can you help identify this Sith Lord or his mysterious handler Darth Sidious?

stoic_75
12 January 2003, 01:10 PM
No need to worry there, fellow gamers. Lucas will just use his backlog of mug shots to create a new CGI Count Dooku. With a click of the mouse, Christopher Lee's face can be mapped onto a new clone body. And this one will be younger, faster, and work cheap! This is also the same technology that allows Fred Astaire to sell mops and Elvis eat at Pizza Hut. Nice to know we're all expendable.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Codym
[B]f Dooku does have a secret apprentice, I feel it will mostly be a back up character - another Darth Maul type if you will - in case of the unthinkable happening - Christopher Lee passing away before the completion of the film.

Jedi Master Talon
15 January 2003, 09:19 AM
Mace Windu has to die in the movie or at some point in time because only Yoda and Obi-wan lived through the Jedi Purge. He must die valiantly. Thats what has to happen.

Silent
3 February 2003, 05:17 PM
I dunno, Anakin hasn't really had much of a reason to hate Windu personally so far: he may be held back in his training, but I don't think that he had any reason to put that against Mace, since Yoda would be the more likely target. Still, you don't always need a motive to commit murder so it could be.

As for Boba, I don't really think that he would be old enough to kill Mace at this point since Jango was mature and he didn't manage to kill him!

Overall, I figure that the best way for him to go would be to be overwhelmed by Clonetroopers or something; I can just imagine him standing peacefully in the Jedi Council's chambers as Coruscant is taken over by clones. Then the door opens to admit tens of troopers and he is struck down by them all. Heck, this might be a good time for him to bump off Dooku, if he does it...

Veilheim
11 June 2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Fred Getce
After it is done they both approach the balcony of the Jedi Temple over looking Coruscant, Master and Apprentice, and the dark hood falls back to reveal Chancellor Palpatine.

Emperor Palpatine/Master Sidious: "Now our revenge is complete."
(So Mace Windu will be the first victim of the newly formed Darth Vader)

The End

Well something like that :) ;) :D B)

This is so wrong... Nicely done.

Axis Kast
12 June 2003, 08:32 AM
According to Shatterpoint, both Yoda and Dooku are capable of defeating Mace Windu.

SPOILER: Mace is also defeated by Kar Vastor, a Jedi berserker half his age and almost a half meter taller.

Personally, I think Anakin will kill Windu - although I'd like to see Boba Fett do it. Preferably from the Slave I.

Admiral_Atredies
12 June 2003, 12:10 PM
I don't know, Mace getting killed by a 13 year old kid doesn't fit well with me as a heroic death.

I personally think that the Jedi purge should be what it sounds like: a purge. Jedi are being herded and slaughtered mercilesley at the hands of the Emporer's servants and evildoers, so I don't see much heroism going on there, though I do agree that Mace should die honorably. But, with all the duel possibilities, we really can't know who he'll battle. I can't see Sidious doing it, after all, he would much rather manipulate others into killing Windu if he had the chance. Anakin I can't really see either, because his big moment should be with Obi-Wan, a duel woth Mace would be a little distracting in my view. So, we have Dooku left, but, there are sure to be more bad guys in Ep. III, so who knows who'll kill him? Can't wait to see it though.

sjard
14 June 2003, 02:33 AM
My guess would be he dies in a big scene with Dooku and they end up killing each other, thus freeing up the sticky point of there only being two Sith at any one time."

sjard

lynnlefey
23 June 2003, 10:27 AM
How about this?

Dooku and Windu fight to stalemate, hopping around precarious catwalks of Corusant. At a pivital moment, Slave 1 roars up and blasts the catwalk. Mace catches tattered railing, and snags Dooku by the wrist. There is a short 'It's never too late to return to the light side of the force' conversation, and then Dooku runs Windu through with his free hand... they both plummet to their death with Boba watching.

I don't think it can be Anakin. First off... he's not powerful enough to beat Windu in hand to hand combat (IMO). Second, he's got a big showdown with Obi. Third, he is not sufficiently motivated.

Something has to happen to act as the final straw for Anakin's conversion to the Dark Side. I think it must almost certainly be the death of Padme (I think she dies shortly after the twins are born). I think perhaps Obi is put in a position of saving her or fulfilling some Jedi mission, and chooses the mission, thereby fueling the anger in Anakin. I feel that it's essential that the only thing he loves (Padme) be taken from him, for him to relent to the dark side.

I don't think Vader will show up at all in this film. Or, if he does, it'll be in the last couple scenes. Anakin's mangled body recovered by someone, fixed up, and the ominous respirator of Vader is heard, then Obi-Wan spiriting the Padme's young boy off to Tatooine.

While I don't think Boba can or will be the primary cause of Mace's death, I agree with many others that he might very well play a pivital role, and the scene I described above kills two birds (or a Sith and Jedi) with one stone.

papasith
23 June 2003, 06:27 PM
well i can tell yall this much, episode 3 is goinng to include when annie becaomes darth vader. seeing as how mace windu is suppose to be almost as storng as yoda in the force and even more skilled in combat, my guess is that vader will kill him, because dooku wouldn't stand a chance. and also vader initiate the jedi purge so my guess is he will be doing alot of jedi bashing :vader:

AthonRogue
23 June 2003, 10:12 PM
Ok so here's how it goes in my head. Anakin is fast becoming the greatest living Jedi, barring Yoda. (I mean he stood up pretty well vrs Dooku and he was still a Padawan) Unfortunatly, a war is not the place for training peaceful Jedi. Combat training is up, peacful meditation is down. Then the council find out about the secret marrige. They confront Anakin and Padme, giving Anakin an ultimatum. Live by the Jedi code (no love) or leave the Order. He goes for the booty. Suddenly the Temple is under attack. The Sepertists have somehow bypassed the planets defences. (actually Sideous/Palpi helped out w/ this, though it will later be blamed on the Jedi) The Jedi, whose numbers are depleted through war casualties and so many Jedi off w/ battlegroups, rush to defend the Temple. Padme and Anakin are seperated. I haven't really thought about this part.) Anyway something happens that make Anakin think she is dead and that the Jedi are at fault. He snaps, as he did with the Tuskens. You see the full power of Anakin as he takes on first one, then two, then three Jedi at once. Retreiving a saber from a fallen Jedi he sends both sabers into a brilliant blur, blocking attacks from all sides. Finally, he stands alone, ten Jedi lay still at his feet. Then comes Windu and once more the sabers clash. The dual is cut short though as a blaster bolt suprises Windu, knocking the saber from his hand just as he was about to cut Anakin down. Framed in the blast door is the familiar armor Windu thought dead long ago. His momentary confusion gives Anakin the chance to score a cheap shot, wounding Mace. He stumbles back, searching the force for someanswer to his confusion. No matter, he is still a bad ass motha..shut your mouth. And the last time he faced this armor he had no problem. But Boba has been preparing for this for years. He learned much from his father and he has already down the first thing in taking out a Jedi. Take away his saber. He nods to Anakin and the former Jedi leaves in search of Obi-wan, whom he holds personally resposible for Padme's apparent death. Meanwhile the bounty hunter and the Jedi master rumble. It is a brutal hand to hand brawl that ends up on the roof of the Temple, while below in the streets the battle between Sepertist and Republic forces rages. Finally, Fett scores the final low, firing his grapple and entaggling Mace. Firing up his jetpack he pull the Jedi high above the streets a the city. "For my father" he says in his gravelly voice and releaces the cord. Far below the tide of the battle is turning. Chancellor Palpintine has stepped forth to take command of the Republic forces. His leadership unites the clone army and they force a retreat of Sepertist forces. (Actually, his scheming plan all a long to make him the hero and the Jedi "traitors") He emerges as the hero and the natural choice to impose order upon the galaxy. Below that, in the bowels of the city, Anakin has caught up to Obiwan. Blinded in rage he attacks his former master. A lightsaber duel of no equal (until ROTJ that is) ensues with Obiwan taking the brunt of it. Finally, in desperation Obiwan reveals that Padme is alive. "Lies" screams Anakin."I won't take anymore lies from you" But his momentary slip give Obiwan a chance. He strikes, hoping to disarm his pupil, but it trips Anakin. He falls from the ledge. Obiwan dives forward to grasp Anakin arm but slips off himself. Now both of them hang there, clinging to the catwalk. Anakin struggles with the dark side. He can reach back to the light side helping his former master to climb up, or he can give in to his hate and strike him down. Obiwan pleads with him to return to the light, but the dark side is too powerful, his hate too strong and he gives himself over to the dark. Obiwan gains the upper hand and is forced to let his pupil drop. He can only watch as Anakin falls down into the smelting furnace. ( Which is where pretty much any Sci-fi ends up) Obiwan sadly turns and walks away. From the shadows comes ahooded figure, He stretches out his hand and badly burnt and twisted figure is drawn from the furnance.

Anyway thats one of my many pipedreams thought up cause I get bored at work.

A couple of things from the original trilogy though,
Padme has to live long enough for Leia to remember her real mother face. And she has to be seperated from Ani for long enough that he dousn't know it twins.
I think Fett will have to have a pretty pivotal role to set up his understanding with Vader and since GL so love foreshadowing I'm guessing it has to do with Mace.
As for Mace playing a spirit, I thought I read somewhere that becoming one with the force is something that was first done by Obiwan. It certainly surpirsed Vader.

I have a question though, how do we know only a few years have passed between Ep2 and 3. Is it a official fact or something?

And I think thats pretty much a reall big post, so I'll stop.

Reverend Strone
3 July 2003, 10:22 PM
The following article appeared in The Boston Herald on June 30th-

Samuel L. Jackson hopes to go out of the ``Star Wars'' prequel series with an old-fashioned bang and a touch of high-tech special effects.

The actor flies off to Australia to begin filming ``Star Wars: Episode III'' next month, and says he hopes creator George Lucas has prepared a splendid exit scene for his character, Mace Windu.

``I'm just going to die, you know?'' Jackson said. ``I'm basically going down there hoping that I'm going to have this really awesome lightsaber battle with somebody that takes me out in the proper way. You know, the way a Jedi of my status deserves to be taken out.''

The prospect of a lightsaber lock with an evil challenger has the cool actor particularly excited.

``I like the fighting sequences the best. They're good fun to prepare for and also good fun to shoot,'' Sam says. It's one of the rare instances in the `Star Wars' movies when you're working with someone else, because you can't really swordfight on your own. However, most of the other scenes seem to be played into midair with computer-generated characters.''

No new news there (Sam avoided giving any spoilers away), but interesting to hear it from the man himself.

fallenbythewayside
13 July 2003, 01:53 PM
I hope that Boba Fett kills him, just for this reason:

Boba Fett gets hired to kill Windu, or just wants to take him out, and eviscerates him, I mean totally wipes him off the face of the earth, total disentigration.

Then, in ESB when Vader says to Boba Fett, "And I want them alive: NO DISENTIGRATIONS!" it's absolutely hysterical! I don't know if Lucas thinks like that, but I think it'd be hoot.

Lucas Carr
21 July 2003, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by fallenbythewayside
I hope that Boba Fett kills him, just for this reason:

Boba Fett gets hired to kill Windu, or just wants to take him out, and eviscerates him, I mean totally wipes him off the face of the earth, total disentigration.

Then, in ESB when Vader says to Boba Fett, "And I want them alive: NO DISENTIGRATIONS!" it's absolutely hysterical! I don't know if Lucas thinks like that, but I think it'd be hoot.

A 10 year old kid?

Fred Getce
21 July 2003, 11:21 AM
All depends on how much time has passed since Attack Of The Clones.

Contrary to popular fan belief Lucas HAS NEVER stated the actual ages of the characters on screen. All age references have been identified in the scripts only.

Obi-Wan has never stated to Luke I am X years old in ANH, ESB or ROTJ. SOOO...Episode 3 could be five years, three years, TEN years after AOTC and Boba Fett could be a 15, 13 or 20 year old galactic punk.

But Mace Windu is not killed by Boba Fett.

It has been partially nailed down that Mace Windu goes out in such a fashion to be probably the most memorable death scene in the Star Wars saga (being killed by some hot headed punk doesn't seem to fit the bill).

This makes me believe that Mace Windu is the newly formed Darth Vader's first Jedi victim after a viscious lightsabre battle, over seen by Darth Sidious (a prelude to the throne room battle in ROTJ).