PDA

View Full Version : Yuuzhan Vong Shipboard Weaponry?

Iain Kysler, Jedi Apprentice
4 December 2002, 01:09 PM
One of my characters just asked a good question: Besides their plasma cannons and dovin basals, do the YV use any sort of missile weapons or any other beam weapons? I've heard some reference to rocky projectiles and such, but...

Do they use any other shipboard weapons?

Nova Spice
4 December 2002, 01:18 PM
I can't recall specifically where I remember reading about them, my friend Ardent might remember, but as I recall the Vong have a type of "warhead" callled a magma missile or something like that. I believe some of the frigate and corvette analogs are equipped with them. I wish I could give you a book where I read it, but unfortunately my memory isn't serving me right now.

I know that doesn't help much......I'll see what I can find. ;)

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
4 December 2002, 02:00 PM
Don't forget about the Grutchin Symbiote. The little guys that eats through starfighter hulls.

Marusame
4 December 2002, 02:22 PM
yeah, what is the deal with those anyhow?

any stats for then?

Wade Trenor
4 December 2002, 07:01 PM
There were stats for the Grutchins somewhere near the start of the NJO Sourcebook. Unfortunately, I can't give you a page reference as I loaned the book to a friend just yesterday.

If you don't have the Sourcebook, I think you might still be able to get the stats, as they put it up on their website to promote the books' release.

Iain Kysler, Jedi Apprentice
6 December 2002, 08:00 PM
The page for Grutchins is...NJO Sourcebook, pages 39-40.

Hmmm...hadn't thought of using Grutchins as missiles...my players won't be happy when these things start messing up their ships, though...ouch...