PDA

View Full Version : The Charon

Wedge Antilles, Rogue Leader
4 December 2002, 02:08 PM
I recently purchased The Rebellion Era Sourcebook. It gives stats for the Charon. Can somebody please tell me who or what they are? since they use biotechnology and aren't from the galaxy, how do they relate to the Vong? I guess that's an NJO question, but I'm posting here because they're only mentioned in Rebellion Era.

Armadious
4 December 2002, 02:35 PM
The Charon are the orriginal Bioweapons, ultra fighters of the SW universe (I think - unless there is some other in the old comics).

They are from the WEG adventures Otherspace and Otherspace 2. They have no relations to the YV, infact in the Darkstryder adventure (also by WEG) you find out that they probably came from the SWU and migrated to Otherspace, formed a Death Cult there, and have finaly decided to migrate back (oh Otherspace is the place between Hyperspace and Realspace).

Basicaly think of them as big six legged YV.

wolfe
4 December 2002, 10:01 PM
hmmm..
short version...(expanding on what Armadious said)
the charon are a genetincally engineered race originally called Carr ontee from the planet Kathol, who got zapped into a pocket dimension "otherspace" as Armadious mentioned..where they became unstable and formed this death cult and wiped out all life in that dimension....

for long version... need email address and I'll send the prevalent info to you..

Fred Getce
5 December 2002, 03:52 AM
I renamed them the "Shadows" and they will be making an apperance in my campaigns to replace the YV as the invaders. :D

ElfWord
5 December 2002, 06:32 AM
hmmm.. sounds a lot like the Shadows from Babylon 5. Is that where you got the name from Fred?

Fred Getce
5 December 2002, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by ElfWord
hmmm.. sounds a lot like the Shadows from Babylon 5. Is that where you got the name from Fred?

That is exactly where I got them from. They are, to me, a far better alien race to use for my campaign than the YV. Their ships strike terror in those who see them (and live). They are a mystery to all, even the Jedi (and Sith). They are cold, ruthless, vindicative with no remorse or mercy.

However none of them are Force Sensitive. Infact not one of them has Midichlorians in their cells. But all of them are telepathic (natural mental evolution, not Force created). Their ships are alive and thrive in the vaccuum, feeding on Mynocks and other space born rodentia.

Were talking Uber aliens.