PDA

View Full Version : Ood Bnar?

wolverine
5 December 2002, 10:04 AM
Has anyone found out what is this old jedi's race?

What about their life span??

I ask, as after re-reading the 2nd of the Dark empire novels, where Luke goes to the Planet Osus, and Ood is still there, he would be extremely old, older than Yoda. I am looking at possibily using one of his race in a game..

Rogue Janson
5 December 2002, 12:09 PM
His species is in the power of the jedi sourcebook. Can't remember the name right now though.

farr0095
5 December 2002, 12:36 PM
Ood Bnar is a Neti. Found in pages 72-73 of the Power of the Jedi Sourcebook, they are listed to be extremely rare. It mentions that he may be the only surviving member of the species, but leaves a couple of loopholes for others. Life-spans or ages are not given (a drawback for all races created in supplements, I think). A switch from the storyline is that Neti are supposed to be able to metamorph at will, it doesn't say anything about not being able to change back once they choose a shape. Strange that Ood Bnar did not leave Ossus then. Perhaps the radiation weakened him or something.

Interestingly, Ood Bnar's stats are not included in the book.

A rough guess is that a Neti can grow as old as many trees we have here on earth. Take an oak or maple for instance, and use that as a life span. And since Ood Bnar was a Jedi Master, he could live much longer than others of his species (although all Neti get the Force-Sensitive feat). Perhaps he was more like a Redwood of California than an oak or maple.

Hope that helps.

Faraer
6 December 2002, 01:18 AM
T'ra Saa, seen in Darkness and, I think, Republic #50, is also a Neti!

Wedge Antilles, Rogue Leader
6 December 2002, 12:15 PM
I haven't read Dark Empire for a while, but didn't Ood go into some sort of Force Tranc? If all his life systems were slowed, he could have lived much longer than normal