PDA

View Full Version : Who is the best bounty hunter?

Wraith Piggy
8 December 2002, 08:20 AM
Who do you think is the best bounty hunter other then Fett?
Payback (aka.. Dengar), Zuckass, 4-LOM, Bossk, IG-88, Greedo,

Rouge8
8 December 2002, 05:34 PM
Zuckess! He is a Gand and they meditate, plus he joins the Rebels. So therefore he is the best of the Bounty Hunters.

ElfWord
8 December 2002, 06:10 PM
IG-88 IMO, nothing like a droid to get the job done.
But in a few books in the EU, Bossk is mentioned as being the best besides Fett.

Moose
8 December 2002, 06:19 PM
out of that list I would have to say the Zuckass and 4LOM duo is pretty good, they are certainly an exotic breed of bounty hunter. I mean Gands are sweet in their own right and 4LOM thinks he can feel the force if I remember correctly...how can it get any better than that:)

Wraith Piggy
9 December 2002, 12:17 PM
Ah i think i have to agree with moose Zuchass and 4-Lom are what i think the best and because he joins the Rebelion.

Shinin
10 December 2002, 09:24 AM
I'm gonna have to say bossk on this one, he has been my fav. I wouldn't say he is the absolute best because he dies in the end of "Tales of the bounty hunters". He is still my fav though.

Mr. Fett
10 December 2002, 01:15 PM
IG-88. it is the coolest after fett. I mean comon, how many droids do you know that accomplish sentience and then, want to rule all of the galaxy and download themselves into the second death star.

CaamasiJedi49
10 December 2002, 02:56 PM
Zuchas all the way. Not only did he join the rebels, but he is also a forse adept that abuse his abilitys for evil, so he had to the best( next to Fett, of coarse).

Caamasi Jedi 49

CaamasiJedi49
10 December 2002, 02:57 PM
I mean't doesn't abuse, sorry!

Caamasi Jedi 49

Nova Spice
10 December 2002, 06:06 PM
I mean't doesn't abuse, sorry!

Quite alright, though for simplicity's sake you can always just use the "edit" sidebar on the lower left portion of your post to change anything you placed in the post. ;)

As far as the best bounty hunter besides the indomitable Fett? I think it's fairly obvious that skill wise, Dengar has all the others beat. His very name strikes fear in the hearts of those on the run. When looking at the others, you see Bossk (a incompetent hunter IMO; though he is deadly, just not very smart), then IG-88 (droid's just don't have the versatility that a sentient has, no matter how sophisticated a droid appears to be), then Zuckuss and 4-LOM (though a good duo, they really aren't merciless in their profession and thus lack that total fear that Dengar and Fett emanate), and lastly comes Greedo (obviously not that great a hunter...he's flash-fried if I remember correctly? :D)

Anyway, nice thread idea. ;) B)

Sherman Shipyards
10 December 2002, 09:57 PM
As Nova Spice stated, for 2nd best it depends on what you need them for.

My bet is on Bossk. He tends to be trigger-happy and have a low I.Q. score, but that said he's proven himself in the meanness category. Notable kills include his own father, leader of now defunct Bounty Hunterís Guild and Hal Horn, father of Corran Horn. Bossk can also nurse a grudge, and, because of that, tends to stay after his intended target. The grudge factor also keeps him from being bought off. If he hates his target, chances are you will at least get the pieces of the target back.

As for Greeto, anyone who does not disarm his target before sitting down in a booth should be made extra-crispy

Codym
10 December 2002, 11:08 PM
I go with a highly conditional Dengar. The condition is the writer doing him. He was so absolutely cool in Twin Engines of Destruction and Payback, by Dave Wolverton in Tales of the Bounty Hunter, expanded the character beautifully (though I'm not sure about the whole Han Solo connection...) However, KW Jeter's version of his was a whimpy moron who got by on luck rather than skill. I prefer the tougher version, the one who gets the job done but isn't completely heartless, the one that not only got the girl but partnered with Fett.

Besides, he's a major NPC in my campaign, so I gotta vote for him. :D

Lehesu
11 December 2002, 04:11 AM
Although no one beats Fett,second in line is IG-88.Third is a tough call for me,between Zuckuss and Dengar.

Jedi Master Talon
11 December 2002, 09:24 AM
When it comes to the best Bounty Hunter all you have to do is look at his Mandalorion Armor. Boba Fett all the way. B)

Wedge Antilles, Rogue Leader
12 December 2002, 02:20 PM
IG-88. Bossk is always mentioned as failing, excepting Hal Horn. Zuckuss and 4-Lom and good, but they have to be a duo. As individuals they aren't that good. Greedo was a rookie. Han Solo was his first bounty and he got fried. Dengar is good, but IG-88 is a droid, has awesome weapons, became the Death Star II, has 360 vision, and only lost to threepeople: Fett( the first three versions of IG-88) and Wedge Antilles/Lando Calrissina (The original who became DSII). He even fooled Vader and Palpatine. Not on the list, but you might consider Zekk or Jodo Kast, or Gorm the Dissolver, etc.

Otonashi
16 December 2002, 11:43 AM
IG-88 gets my vote. In fact I believe that wacky droid (s) gets Boba Fett's vote as well. Can't remeber where exactly I read it, maybe in "Mandalorin Armor", Boba Fett metions his approval of the droid's unemotional approach to the business .

Poof's Padawan
16 December 2002, 05:00 PM
Greedo is the best. Simply because he is a Rdoian and talks cool. And he exploded when he got shot!:D

isd71
16 December 2002, 09:31 PM
My vote is for Bossk, he has taken out a good number of Wookies and has the pelts to prove it.

Arcome
18 December 2002, 11:00 AM
I forgot his name, but it was a guy that Boba Fett use to work with. He meet up with him in a later book and they got into a blaster fight with a lot of other guys. Boba Fett was saved by him, but he died in the process. He is the best. He has some really cool weaponry. Perhaps someone remembers him?

Poof's Padawan
18 December 2002, 08:22 PM
Actually I really like Zam a lot too, she's got a sniper rifle and a really cool looking speeder.

Slave-1
2 January 2003, 02:52 AM
I forgot his name, but it was a guy that Boba Fett use to work with.

I cant remember his name either, if we are thinking of the same person that is. But if it was the borged out battle machine who had repeating blasters for arms then i would say no. While he would be great, and was, in a fire fight, no much is mentioned of other skill/abilities.

IMHO, other than Fett, who is by far the best, the top #2 person Dengar. Imagine it? No emotions other than hate, revenge, and hope. The rest were burned from his brain so he can't feel them. He was trained to the best assassin around, and in order to do that you need to find your target fisrt. Sure he has take few lives now, but he is learning ;) As for his Solo connection i think its a bit of a stretch, but within reason.

Jeskan
6 January 2003, 03:51 PM
If from that list, I'd say Bossk because his failures make me laugh because Boba gets him everytime:) If not from that list, Jango Fett is undoutably the best, even though he gets decapitated in AotC.

also, Wraith Piggy is in my d20 goup and we have a Bounty Hunter Campaign. I just want to tell everyone this because he wanted to try to descourage me after I killed his Bounty Hunter and stole a 100k Bounty from him by trying to show me my Bounty Hunter is known only to my group. So let his name be known from now on, Malor Jeskan!

Boobacheskay
6 January 2003, 05:38 PM
Well this is kinda of a toughy, i would bet on Dengar or IG-88, and Bossk is in 2nd. Boba Fett is tough but wouldn't match to IG-88 or Dengar, I think Bossk would have trouble dealing with Boba.

Wraith Piggy
7 January 2003, 11:44 AM
hey piggy here i still think that the Zuchass/4-LOM duo is the best because Zuchass is a force using bounty hunter and 4-Lom thinks he could use a little force powers, they also join the rebelion later on

coldskier0320
7 January 2003, 05:08 PM
Gotta go w/ IG-88 hes totally devious and anticipates his quarries every move, he also has little or no emotion and no morals of all of them i think itd suck worst havin 5 renegade assassin droids and a super IG-2000 on your tail than anything else presented. And if ya think about it IG-88 was inches away from being the most powerful thing in the galaxy...

coldskier0320
7 January 2003, 05:09 PM
Gotta go w/ IG-88 hes totally devious and anticipates his quarries every move, he also has little or no emotion and no morals of all of them i think itd suck worst havin 5 renegade assassin droids and a super IG-2000 on your tail than anything else presented. And if ya think about it IG-88 was inches away from being the most powerful thing in the galaxy...

BRodgers
15 January 2003, 09:48 AM
Dengar

Fett wouldn't team with just anyone, yet he has teamed with Dengar several times. I also like the backstory with Dengar and I think he is a lot easier to relate to than some of the other hunters...and yeah, in the end he just wants to settle down with a nice girl and live his life out.

Pretty poetic.

;)

Arcome
18 January 2003, 02:00 PM
Dengar has an interesting way he goes about things. Like the way he handled fett. Also his personallity is a little more expanded then bossk's. I like him too anyway, he's quite amusing.

Jastor
18 January 2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Rouge8
Zuckess! He is a Gand and they meditate, plus he joins the Rebels. So therefore he is the best of the Bounty Hunters.

well he sure aint there for long.. and besides, WHY have you selected Imperial insignia if youre a fan of the rebellion :)

heres my general view of some bounty hunters:

well .. IG-88, hes good, but their overconfident was their doom, as all but IG-79 died.

Dengar? good? hes noone but Boba Fett's whoppin boy :)

hmm ... i would agree that Zam is somehow good, but was not given any credits for it in the movies (she made several misstakes)

Aurra Sing on the other hand is pretty good (thou i havent read any of her work after that Twilek-Jedi-Pirate-thingie and "Outlander" so i have no clue of what she does afterwards.

Bossk .. hmm .. hmm ... naah..

Jodo Kast .. hmm ... whiner .. even worse than Luke Skywalker :) im glad that Boba Fett killed him (oh yea, you gotta love that one ;)
"Why did you give him a chance to live?" - dengar
*** boooooooom ***
"I didnt" - boba fett

Dyyz Nataz and Spurch 'Warhog' Goa ... i havent read anything about what they do.. but Spurch sure are my favorite bounty hunter exceot Boba Fett.

Greedo? hahaha :D got ripped of by Spurch and let Han Solo kill him.. hehe. that was all he was good for :).. "Rodians" are supposed to be good hunters, but he is a walking practical joke.

Jericho_Narcas
18 January 2003, 02:47 PM
I'll have to go with Dengar, followed by the Zuckuss and 4-LOM duo.

dgswensen
18 January 2003, 02:53 PM
My vote is for Boba Fett, despite his unfortunate demise (or not, depending on how you look at it). He outsmarted Han Solo and Vader had to lay the smack down on him. That makes him #1 in my book.

Zakzahn
18 January 2003, 04:05 PM
I would have to say Zakzahn Zarander. He is a powerfull force user, who tries to do the right thing, but often does it in the wrong way. He has a variety of droids in his service (even if they don't all work right), a destroyer droid, a super battle droid, and a crate of small spider like droids which can burn through the hull of a starship. He is on the good side of New Republic Intelligence (somewhat) for killing a fake Darth Vader that was trying to lead the Empire, and hated by the empire for the same reason. He is friends with Dengar, and though he dosn't know it, has helped out Boba Fett on a few occasions. Though he has yet to get into the league of Fett, he is definetely better than most other Bounty Hunters.

Codym
18 January 2003, 05:12 PM
And you forgot to mention modest, Zak. Ever so modest. :D

Zakzahn
19 January 2003, 02:28 PM
Oh yes, and modest. He must be the most modest guy in the galaxy. No one is more modest than him. He is the greatest... (and so on and so forth)

Trandoshan Jedi
22 January 2003, 12:03 PM
It's Bossk all the way B)

Darth Fury
22 January 2003, 12:14 PM
I would have to submit that Jodo Kast, who did not make your list BTW, in his quest to become as good or better than Fett far surpasses the other Bounty Hunters on your list!!;)

Corran Horn
6 August 2003, 10:35 AM
Zuckess all the way. he has that intuition from the force wich helpes him a whole lot.

Dr_Worm
6 August 2003, 11:12 AM
Who's Force Sensitive uses a LS, and has bagged more bada$$ jedi than anyone? Aurra Sing! A bit on the psycho side, but IMO she is even better than Boba

aquamason
8 August 2003, 08:46 AM
Zuckuss, followed by 4-LOM, followed by IG-88, followed by Fett. Must we be reminded that the man was beaten by a blind guy with a stick? Oh, I forgot... He had the bright idea of putting his ship in the garbage hold because he knew what Solo would do... Whatever. Big deal. Hey, Fett... how'd you like pulling your old man's head out of his helmet so you could fit? :boba: :(

Errin Orwain
16 August 2003, 09:25 PM
IG88 is the bomb. A war droid with an attitude!

Sirch Akoras
16 August 2003, 09:47 PM
Depends which Fett you mean. Actually, no it doesn't.

The other Fett!

stoic_75
27 August 2003, 06:42 PM
I liked Greedo's stats and story in the West End books. He was cool, ruthless and able. When he got blasted, it was because he was over confident and didn't notice the gun under the table. I felt bad that revisionist history took over and turned him into a sacred rookie punk kid with shaky hands who shot first and missed. Lucas should have just left the scene alone. Next thing we know, he will edit out the scene where Indiana Jones shoots the guy with the sword, but that's another post.

Spicemonger3
27 August 2003, 06:53 PM
Craddosk father of Bossk. He was a wily old Trandoshan and top of his game. His only flaw is that he got old.

Major T. Phennir
3 September 2003, 08:10 AM
I like IG-88, droids that are smarter than humans are always cool.

jimmy corrigan
6 September 2003, 11:53 AM
In no particular order:

Bane Malar
Snoova
Zuckuss
Aurra Sing

Captain Kranz
7 September 2003, 10:09 PM
Jango Fett! The only real Cowboy in a galaxy far, far away. But he's dead. And Kenix Kil ( aka Kir Kanos ) wasn't a bounty hunter in the Rebellon Era.

So, in the Rebellion Era is Boba Fett the best. ;)

Lord Darth Vader of the Sith
12 September 2003, 03:48 PM
bossk as they say was probobly the best after fett he just wasn't very patient. Though their were other notable ones like zuckess and 4 lom though ig 88 was destroyed 3 different times by fett. they were different droids though just same sieries

Zanus
2 October 2003, 08:49 PM
I am gonna have to put my vote behind a more obscure pair. Zan and Zu Pike. They where mentioned in the Shadows of the Empire. Not true hunters, but I am sure they would have no problem taking on such a job, and could probably have some fun (and look good) doing it.

And, of coarse, there is Guri.

of the ones listed, Zuckuss. He may not necessarily have the skill, but he has no problem finding his target. The fact that he joined the rebellion shows he has something most hunters probably shouldn't have. morals.

Trandoshan Jedi
19 October 2003, 09:00 AM
Yeah Zuckess had morals, which can get into trouble if you're a bounty hunter. Sure, Zuckess was a nice guy but if you've read the Bounty Hunter novels you'll notice that he was always hesistant and nervous about the jobs. Boba showed no feelings at all, Bossk was too impatient (which was one of his few flaws), IG-88 was just like Boba only he miscalculated often. and Zuckess isn't the only bounty hunter who joined the Rebellion, 4-Lom also joined it. But both left the Rebellion after a short time, because they couldn't deal with authority.
And I have to change my vote to the Cybernetic guy who was Boba's "friend". That dude was a living ship and tank. How awesome is that? (this guy is in the first novel in the bounty hunter trilogy)

Solo666
19 October 2003, 09:50 AM
IG-88 is dead and Bossk is a failure whenever he's put next to Fett. What about that hunter Fett faced near the end of the Bounty Hunter Wars whose computer can predict your actions if he's ever met you?

Syden Took
24 October 2003, 01:15 PM
OK, right off the bat. If the Boba Fett was died. He isn't he is just staying low. And i dont think he will ever be showed up by 4-Loom, Bosk, IG-88, or Zuckus. And Dengar is his friend so they have each others back. Also Zuckus filling the force!?! Hay, come on he just had some bad gass. If you fill like soming comeing? Yah someing is coming OUT! Well that is what i have to say. That is all for now.

Solo666
25 October 2003, 12:38 PM
My vote is for Boba Fett, despite his unfortunate demise (or not, depending on how you look at it). He outsmarted Han Solo and Vader had to lay the smack down on him. That makes him #1 in my book.
Boba is dead???

Jake Sunspot
4 November 2003, 01:07 AM
Dengar is THE MAN. Payback was my favorite Tale of the Bounty Hunters. I'll admit I didn't know what to make of him before I read that, but after I did I was sold on "the one with all the bandages"

Jake Sunspot
4 November 2003, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Solo666

Boba is dead???

Only if you disregard the EU and go strictly by the Movies.

Jeskan
12 November 2003, 02:59 PM
As The Unifying Force showed, Boba is still kickn' @$$ in his 60s.

Vellar
20 November 2003, 12:02 PM
ya Boba is one of the best and coolest but there are cool

Red
18 October 2004, 04:37 PM
Kenix Kil

JediJester
21 October 2004, 12:55 PM
Next to Boba, I think IG-88 is the best. I always felt that IG-88's fault was his lack of the living-factor. He may have been sentient, but because he was a droid, he always failed to take into account the "human-factor" of being able to go above and beyond limits and doing the illogical.