PDA

View Full Version : what type of ship do you fly?

baal
8 December 2002, 03:52 PM
i am curious about what type of ship most groups use to get around in? one would think it would be like the falcon, but it seems alot us the ghtroc.

technopooka
8 December 2002, 04:58 PM
The party I'm running is getting around in the ship that was given in Tempest Feud. It is a really nice ship for a party. Check it out.

Codym
8 December 2002, 05:08 PM
YT-2000. Nothing quite like the ole cyclops from X-Wing Alliance to jet around the galaxy, expect the Falcon herself.

Chris Curtis
8 December 2002, 06:13 PM
In our current situation in our campaign, we really don't have any "set" ship that we use. We have a few generic/stock ships that we choose from depending on the mission, but for the most part they're simply a way for us to get from Point A to Point B.

We do occasionally, however, use "our ship" -- that is, the ship we previously used quite extensively. The Phoenix (http://starwars-rpg.net/servais/tech/space/phoenix.shtml) is a custom-built Light Freighter/Blockade-Runner. She's been significantly upgraded since we first started playing -- from weapons, to new engines, to two complete hull redesigns. She's been through a lot.

You'll probably also find the stats bordering on munchkin, and I won't deny the ship is pretty extraordinary. This is all offset, though, by the fact that 1) we hardly ever use the ship anymore and 2) until this last hull redesign, we couldn't use it even if we wanted to unless we wanted to run the risk of being caught in one of the most wanted ships in the sector. [grin]

Darklighter
8 December 2002, 07:54 PM
Well, I've had a number of characters with ships, including starfighter pilots, a smuggler, and a tramp freighter captain. It's this last fella's ship that was the most interesting to me, because it was the first ship I created myself for a game. The character, Shay Toma, flew a modified Hermes-class short haul passenger/courier ship. Anyway, the ship wasn't spectacularly powerful or anything (although it had an edge over a lot of other stock transports), but it had some interesting features in the interior that made gaming with it fun. It was designed to be modular, easily trading passenger space for cargo and vice versa. This also meant internal modifications, and upgrades, of certain kinds were a little easier and cheaper than typical.

And finally, it was a pretty ship! ;) I kind of miss playing that character. I didn't get to use him too often (or his ship, for that matter), but I liked him. Oh well.

Reverend Strone
8 December 2002, 09:38 PM
Not exactly a ship perse, but my players roll around the sands of Tatooine on a beat up old Ubrikkian Ore Barge they've nick-named "the Prospector". A repulsor-lift vehicle (barely), her flight ceiling is about a meter and a half- so she isn't really a ship, but she's home.

The thing is slower than a crippled Hutt, louder than a Rancor on heat and more cantankerous than Wookiee in a spin-dryer, but she can take a pounding and keep on going, no matter the conditions, and given all that they've been through with her, the players have come to regard her with something approaching affection. Most importantly, she doesn't attract attention- something my players have learned is an inestimable assett to them.

BRodgers
9 December 2002, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by Reverend Strone
Most importantly, she doesn't attract attention- something my players have learned is an inestimable assett to them.

Heh, I don't think my group has learned that very important lesson yet Rev

What Baal failed to mention is that we are now tooling around in a heavily armed Lambda-class shuttle that used to belong to Jodo Kast . Yeah, we don't get questions or anything when we drop into an Imperial starport.

:D

waza sunrider
13 December 2002, 12:41 PM
why do you think we dont go to Imperial star ports B ?

wolfe
13 December 2002, 10:53 PM
Well we are still toolin around in our space rescue corps cutter...B)
working for the space rescue corps while smuggling,and all sorts of interesting things..:raised:

you'd be amazed how much people leave you alone(Imps,pirates) or come to your aid(independants,Imps,pirates) when your in one of these..

but we also have a recent derelict vessel (republic cruiser) we are (#@%!&} lovingly restoring to run around in on our own..

Moose
14 December 2002, 11:27 AM
In the GRaD RP forum I am currently flying a Ghtroc 720.

My last smuggler character flew an A-wing though. I know its weird to have a Smuggler use and A-wing, but he only smuggled Glittersim.

Wraith Piggy
18 December 2002, 12:09 PM
at the moment i do not have my own ship but i go on my friend i normanly fly in a modafied cinadel cruiser with higher shield and weapons i also have 2 fighters on the bottom of the ship like a A-WING and a Z-95 since the haedhunters are cheap