PDA

View Full Version : Coolest Council Member!

Poof's Padawan
12 December 2002, 04:29 PM
VOTE!

Nova Spice
12 December 2002, 04:36 PM
I voted for Plo Koon! He seems to be the quiet and capable type. I really like that kind of Jedi and the fact that he is a Kel Dor makes him even cooler!

-As a sidenote, it is a shame Ki-Adi Mundi and Plo Koon's droid raid was deleted from Episode II. It would have been great to have seen them have some action of their own. :p

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
12 December 2002, 05:00 PM
I have to go with Jedi Master Dinosaur himself - Coleman Trebor.

Jedi Master Talon
12 December 2002, 05:16 PM
I belive That Jedi Master Mace Windu is the best. In Episode two he unleashed the fury in his fighting but Yoda isn't far behind on my watch.B)

Poof's Padawan
12 December 2002, 05:40 PM
Doesn't anyone like the incredible wisdom that is Yarael Poof!? Plus his head sways back and forth and is almost hypnotic.

Corr Terek
12 December 2002, 05:41 PM
Ima gonna say Adi Gallia -- I always wanted to see a female Jedi in the movies, so I was thrilled when she and Depa Billaba showed up. Besides, her fighting style (as seen in the games and books she's in) is quite cool.

Jim Williams
13 December 2002, 03:55 AM
Plo Koon----silent but deadly, as opposed to Coleman Trebor---dead and silent. Of course, not that we no for sure he's dead or anything...

Jedi_Staailis
13 December 2002, 11:42 AM
Short and green all the way. I love the irony that he's lived for 900 years, is possibly the most capable Jedi fighter in the galaxy, is incredibly wise, yet still can't speak English properly. :D

Poof's Padawan
15 December 2002, 08:07 PM
Whyd oes everyone seem to like Plo Koon so much? He doesn't really do anything in any movie.

Corr Terek
16 December 2002, 03:41 PM
u could say the same thing about Boba Fett in the Old Trilogy. He's silent, doesn't do much of anything, and dies an ignoble death.

...but I'm going off topic, so I'll shut up now

Poof's Padawan
16 December 2002, 05:02 PM
But see, the thing about that comparison, is Boba had so much cool stuff and he actually played a role in the plot, he wasn't just there.

Codym
16 December 2002, 05:36 PM
I'd say people like Plo Koon and Boba Fett for the same reasons ... they look cool. As it is, since we only get to know two of the council, Yoda and Mace, this seems the only logical reference to pick any other member, unless you are amoured by their descriptions in the various information sources.

Jim Williams
16 December 2002, 06:14 PM
Well, Poof's Padawan, if we had to vote solely on what we see in the movies, Yoda or Mace would have to be the only contenders. But you put up a poll, and people are giving their opinions. Why do people like Plo Koon? Cool name, cool look.

Sure Mace is, according to source material, the baddest swordsman after Yoda and Dooku. But based entirely on the concept of being Jedi Master, none of these folks are to be taken lightly.

I can assure you even Coleman Trebor (why not on the poll?) didn't jump up on that balcony for a dramatic death scene. (Okay, that's what Lucas wanted, but not the character). He went up there to clean house...just like Mace did.

Sometimes the dice aren't forgiving though...

Darklighter
17 December 2002, 08:25 PM
Mace is far the baddest Jedi! I have to admit, though, to being a Samuel L. Jackson fan. I mean, with his role in Pulp Fiction, the actor gives the character a certain cool factor and mystique that the others lack. With all of that, who could be cooler? :)

Poof's Padawan
18 December 2002, 06:19 AM
I did not include Coleman because he takes a place on the council after Yarael Poof dies, this is more of an Ep1 council.

Red
20 December 2002, 08:21 PM
Plo Koon, I love Kel-Dors..there very fun to play and plo koon is my favorite jedi..only bad part is when you get your mask ripped off..lol

Dr_Worm
20 December 2002, 10:00 PM
Mace Windu is one bad Motha...shut your mouth!

MACE!

Sam Jackson brought so much style to that role, without overshadowing the Master. The stunt coordiantor said it best when he said "I tried to find a sword fighting style for him [Mace Windu], but it was just Sam Jackson style."

Jericho_Narcas
20 December 2002, 11:53 PM
I had to go with Yoda. We found out in Attack of the Clones just why they call him the master. I'm a big fan of Samuel L. Jackson however, and it's not everyday I'd pick a muppet over Sam's character. Mace Windu is definitely a close second.

Heretic Zero
28 December 2002, 09:45 AM
This is about being cool. This guy has no lines to speak, barely is seen doing anything in any of the movies other than hold his own breifly and sit about looking thoughtful and listening intently (assuming he is actually still awake behind those goggles...

Who is he?

He's PLO KOON!!!

He has such PRESENCE! You can't help notice Yoda, Ben and the others. They get lines. They get their own action sequences. They show off their force powers and get 'air time', but does Plo?

Nooooooooo. Does he need it?
Evidently not. He is loved just for looking as good as he does. A masterful work of prosthetics, not an ounce of CG (appart for the Lightsaber) and the tiniest amount of background for the fans to salivia over. :D
So, is it any surprise that this Jedi tops the boards?
I think not.
Darth Maul? He's a girl.
Plo Koon would've kicked his two-bit act to tatooine and then looked kinda' thoughtful about it and then walked away.
'Nuff said...

Lord Kjeran
31 December 2002, 09:10 AM
Chello!

Ki-Adi-Mundi...anyone ever notice that in Ep 1 he sits at Yoda's right hand with Mace on the left?

"The Sith have been extinct for a Millenium."

Tony

Stratus Tel'narus
3 January 2003, 12:05 PM
Plo Koon all the way!

For those of you that played the game "Jedi Power Battles" Plo Koon is the slow but unrelenting charactor in the game. Plus he has some very cool force skills that never made it to the roleplaying game such as his yellow force lightning that stuns his opponents.

And if he is powerful enough to survive the slaughter on Geonosis then that is saying somthing, concidering all the masters that were killed there.

Mace is a close second though.

Shinin
7 January 2003, 11:18 AM
Who else here thinks that yaddle is the cheesiest and stupidest name that they could have come up with? When I first got the potj, and saw that I was like " Oh my god, G Lucas has lost it".

Shinin
7 January 2003, 11:18 AM
Who else here thinks that yaddle is the cheesiest and stupidest name that they could have come up with? When I first got the potj, and saw that I was like " Oh my god, G Lucas has lost it".

Shinin
7 January 2003, 11:20 AM

Levistus
7 January 2003, 03:38 PM
you gotta love the little green munchkin who can kill anyone and everyone if he wanted to. what more could you ask for?

Jeskan
13 January 2003, 10:14 AM
Its a hard choice between Ploo Koon, Eath Koth, Sasai Tinn, and Mace for me. but in the end it had to be

...Ploo Koon!

Trandoshan Jedi
22 January 2003, 06:47 PM
it's Plo Koon all the way baby!

Wedge in Red2
23 January 2003, 03:09 AM
Hmmm. Well, I thought I would be with the minority when I picked Plo Koon - how wrong I was! It's mainly that I like Kel Dor - they just look funky. The fact that he is a kick ass warrior too makes him more likeable. Although it was definitely a toss up between him and Mace.

Darth Fury
23 January 2003, 07:53 AM
I've got to go with Plo Koon. He's enigmatic, and visually intimidating.

Pel
9 February 2003, 09:53 PM
Yoda.

Proper grammer is insignificant next to the power of the Force.

Darth_Cassed
10 March 2003, 08:13 PM
Well yes people pick Plo Kook based on his appearance. He looks like a dark jedi. Further research shows his species to be peaceful.

The expanded universe of Plo Koon and his race are interesting, so I chose him.

VixenofVenus
10 March 2003, 08:19 PM
OMG!!! People are actually voting against Yoda!?

Quick, run for your lives ... the end has come ... pray, save yourselves!

Crin Daroota
10 March 2003, 10:29 PM
Gotta go with Eeth. Now if this had been Ep 2, man there's no resisting Kit Fisto, but he's not a choice so I can't vote for him. Plo Koon's cool and all, but he looks so weak when they capture him (poor widdle Kel Dor :( ). And yes I think Yaddle is an awful name. Did they even bother to think up others, or did someone just cough funny and they said "sounds like a Jedi name, like Yoda"?

Faraer
11 March 2003, 07:00 AM
I think it's a serious mistake to think that anything Star Wars should be cool. That's an adolescent mentality that's totally alien to the films. Instead, Star Wars things should be neat, for example, or sublime. I'll write an article on this.

There is something sinister about these big numbers for Plo Koon. Do people think the appearance of emotional distance and protection, inhumanity, and ability to hurt people is attractive, as with Boba Fett? Makes ya shiver.

Darth_Cassed
11 March 2003, 09:30 AM
well....I always play villians or just evil characters....so I won't comment :P

Adesh Gundeep
19 April 2003, 11:21 AM
1. Yoda. He just is.
2. Mace Windu. He's got the whole push-the-envelope-once-in-a-while thing going on.
3.Plo Koon. The man is just coolness.
4.Eoth Koth. What can I say? I like Zabraks!B)

Lucas Carr
21 April 2003, 08:43 PM
I voted for Yoda. He and Mace Windu are the only ones that I've gotten a grip on from the films, so I can't say much about the others. Though Plo Koon seems to be cool.

bountyhntr
16 May 2003, 07:04 PM
THE WHIRLING YODA OF DEATH!! and he's good with kids.

Lord Kjeran
16 May 2003, 08:11 PM
And I'm still the only person who has voted for Ki Adi Mundi....

Tony

Sasche
16 May 2003, 09:10 PM
I was going to go with Yoda, but after the fight with Count Dooku, he lost my vote. Lucas went a little too far with the flips and spins. Sure Yoda is the master, but some CG geeks went too far. IMO, the flips and such were unnecessary and distracting.

I checked out starwars.com to familiarize myself with the council members in addtion to Mace. Because I had no clue what the names of the others were.

Yarael Poof lost my vote, because his head reminds me of the "shrunken head" guy from Super Mario Bros. the Movie. OK, I'm embarrassed to admit that I saw it, but well... this reminds of that guy.

I'm giving my vote to Saesee Tiin. No reason other than he looked cool. (outside of Yoda, or Mace - it all goes down to appearance, anyway)

Admiral_Atredies
17 May 2003, 05:22 PM
Well, I think Yoda is the greatest Jedi of all, but I voted for Yarell Poof (how can you not like a guy with the last name Poof? :) ). But, has anyone else noticed that in ESB, Yoda usually doesn't talk in his crazy, backwards signature voice except when trying to act crazy? I wonder why Lucas decided to make all of his speech in his crazy voice in Ep. II? "Around the survivors a perimeter create" might sound like a slightly confusing command

Nova Spice
17 May 2003, 06:18 PM
I wonder why Lucas decided to make all of his speech in his crazy voice in Ep. II? "Around the survivors a perimeter create" might sound like a slightly confusing command

I've always been under the impression that Yoda has talked backwards in every type of situation. That's simply the way he talks; he talked like that in ESB, ROTJ, and TPM.

However, I must point out that Yoda doesn't always say backwards things. In Episode II, Yoda clearly tells the clonetrooper commander: "Concentrate all your fire on the nearest starship." That's hardly broken Basic.

I imagine that Frank Oz is correct; his personal belief was that Yoda talked backwards because of his age. I tend to agree. B)

Darth_Cassed
17 May 2003, 09:12 PM
Well as far as voting on appearance goes, this is a thread based on coolness, not who's the greatest. I guess appearance is a big factor of that.

starkiller210
20 May 2003, 12:40 PM
Yoda, he kicks Dooku's butt in ep. 2 and he survives the empires purge of the Jedi