PDA

View Full Version : Who is the Coolest Sith Ever?

Bounty Hunter
12 December 2002, 04:30 PM
Darth Maul
Darth Sidiuos/Emporer
Darth Vader
Darth Teranous/Count Dooku
Darth Bane

Poof's Padawan
12 December 2002, 04:33 PM
Darth Maul = Best.....Sith......EVAR!

evan hansen
13 December 2002, 06:20 PM
Just a quick note: An "other" choice might have been helpful for fans of TotJ era material. Freedon Nadd and Exar Kun would have been possibilities for them.

I voted for Vader because the best Sith is one who turns out to be a Jedi again after all. :)

Seghast
13 December 2002, 08:41 PM
Maul all the way. He has the coolest lightsaber for a Sith, and he's good with it (i'm sure Mr. Jinn will agree with me on that one). Plus, he just looks demonic.

Wade Trenor
14 December 2002, 03:59 AM
I chose Bane.

Not only did he prevent the total annihilation of the Sith order, but he was one of the few Sith Lords who truly came to understand the nature of the Dark Side.

Stratus Tel'narus
15 December 2002, 12:11 PM
I'm going to have to go with Dooku on this one

1 Dooku uses one of the coolest fighting styles and even though he was double teamed by both the chosen one and a Jedi Master (albiet not the most powerful one) he managed to not get killed unlike Darth Maul

2 Dooku is only matched in combat by Yoda

3 Dooku has some of the coolest lines in any of the movies (my sig for example)

4 Any one that can maintain his composure when 100 jedi all ignite lightsabers around him is the man in my book!

Rouge8
15 December 2002, 06:15 PM
Dooku!

[list=1]
Dooku fights better than Mace Windu
Dooku was a jedi master
Dooku sounds cool/evil
Dooku isn't frightened by Mace igniting a lightsaber at his neck.
[/list=1]

Jericho_Narcas
15 December 2002, 10:20 PM
That would be Vader hands down, due in part to the fact that he sounds just like James Earl Jones. None of the other Sith sound near as cool.

da_gm
16 December 2002, 01:26 AM
Plus he has the coolest of armors ever. He is an exprenssionless bastion of pure evil

Poof's Padawan
16 December 2002, 05:05 PM
I'm not trying to start a flame war here but I honestly think that Vader's armor is stupid. He can't survive without it. Also the reasons I think Maul is so much cooler are:
1) He has THE COOLEST SABER EVER
2) He doesn't say much, he's all business
3) He takes on a Jedi master and a Padawan learner and basically hands the master's own butt to him on a plate. Vader got seriously wounded by someone who was barely a Jedi Knight. Maul took on 2 Jedi at once too.

Codym
16 December 2002, 05:32 PM
Hmmm... Vader or Palpatine.

The case for Vader: The coolest bad guy armour to grace the screen, the coolest bad guy voice, and the fact he defeats the Sith (literally) single handedly.

The case for Palpatine: Assimilated a republic, fooled the Jedi Council, corrupted a choosen one, and started a war by creating both sides.

I'll probably give an equal vote to both, because they both rock and I haven't seen enough of Dooku to decide if he will be as great as those two. Maul, cool saber or nor, never got past henchman statis, and almost got his but handed to him by an old man, and then did get it handed to him by an apprentice. Not the best qualifications for a sith lord.

da_gm
17 December 2002, 01:13 AM
So Vadet got burned, and needs lifesupport. At least he´s not in some hospital bed like a vegetable, he´s walking around kicking butt.
As of the looks of Vaders armor, it looks really menacing. You can´t tell what the dark lord thinks, if he is angry, or just observing the situation, you can´t tell until it´s to late.
Besides he made it to "lord of the sith" without underestimating a padawan, and get killed by making that mistake. Besides, whe all know that it was Vader who helped the emperor hunt down and destroy the jedi. This pointing towards Vader whooping some serious jedi butt in ep3.

Now thats just my view of it

Darklighter
17 December 2002, 08:40 PM
I'm voting for Vader. He has real presence, and when he speaks, it's like the voice of doom itself. James Earl Jones has a voice that rumbles from the depths, and conveys power. Combine that with this armour and cape that makes him a dark void threatening to swallow anything whole, and you have the coolest, most intimidating Sith ever - one whose presence alone compels fear and obediance.

papasith
18 December 2002, 03:18 PM
just my little additon, even though he wasn't included on here exar jun was definatly the coolest sith ever, vader is close behind but exar was the best, he enslave an entire race and basically ruled an entire planet (yavin 4) he was the first person to have a double bladed lightsaber, thats right maul got it from this dude right here. he went right on to ossus (great jedi libary, and place of great jedis in sith war era) stole a sith holocron right from the hands of a jedi master and killed him. he struck so much fear into the hearts of the jedi order they scent nearly all the jedi they had to come and put a stoip to him. if that isn't cool / one bad muther fugger i don't know what is

-=Darth Surazal=-
18 December 2002, 06:30 PM
I don't understand why we are debating this! Yes yes, Darth Maul is an incredible swordsman, and he looks cool, and he defeated a Jedi Master....But Darth Vader is still cooler!

A) He defeated the sith...pretty big acomplishment.

B) He has awesome armor (I don't care if he needs it or not and all that sith poison bull...he kicked serious Palpatine ass with it.)

C) He is incredibly loyal. To Palpatine at first...he was willing to carry out any order that his master commanded, and when his master got fresh...he kicked his ass to save his son...that's pretty darn cool.

D) He has commanding presence...he has intimidate...like...+30 ranks! (not factual information.)

Darth Vader could crush anyone he wanted in his grip (seriously...) and even though you might consider him weaker because of his poison-injecting armor...it's not like he's going to get it ripped off or something...so meanwhile...in my opinion...he's the most powerful sith in the galaxy. :D by the way...check this out if you haven't already...my favorite flash movie ever. http://www.antra.dk/starwarz.html

-=Darth Surazal=-
18 December 2002, 06:32 PM
P.S. Sorry but Duku is the stupidest and weakest jedi ever except for his incredible lightsaber.

Poof's Padawan
18 December 2002, 08:17 PM
But one other stupid thing about Vader was that he was so damn predictable. It was like "Oh wow, here comes the force grip.... again." With Darth Maul, you didn't know what the hell he was gonna do next. Plus he has a bunch of cool tattoos.

Jim Williams
19 December 2002, 07:27 AM
This probably isn't the best reason to vote Vader for best Sith, but he has the best trash-talking lines in the movie.

"Ahhh, a sister...if you will not turn, then perhaps she will."

"Join me, Luke. Together we can end this destructive conflict and bring order to the galaxy."

"That name means nothing to me, now."

And the best---"Now I am the Master." and "I find your lack of faith disturbing."

Seghast
19 December 2002, 08:04 AM
You people doubt Lord Maul as the coolest?

I find your lack of faith disturbing! :p

Jastor
20 December 2002, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Poof's Padawan
Darth Maul = Best.....Sith......EVAR!

hardly the best :) hes a wimp .. got killed by Obi-Wan

Bounty Hunter
20 December 2002, 10:29 AM
Thank you for your imput, when i created this poll i never thought that it would be so debeted. But i must cast my vote...
DARTH MAUL IS THE COOLEST SITH EVER...He was an unmatched swordsman, he was all busssines and he would have kicked Darth Vader's pathetic ass, even with his armor. I too find your lack of faith in Maul to be desturbing.

-=Darth Surazal=-
20 December 2002, 05:04 PM
another blatant fact - Darth Vader survived 3 awesome movies...and Darth Maul died in 1...what does that say to you about strength?

Jericho_Narcas
20 December 2002, 11:41 PM
The whole series is about Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker -- without him, you have no Star Wars to begin with. The prequels tell the story about the fall of Anakin Skywalker, while the original trilogy tells of his redemption.

Darth Bile
21 December 2002, 05:25 AM
Darth maul was the best sith ever, vader is almost as good, as for dooku, or darth tyranus, whichever one you want to call him, he's too effimenite for a sith lord, i mean, he fights with a limp wristed style remiscient of a homosexual ( no offense, i have nothing against them myself) i mean, just looking at him fighting a person doesn't strike fear into my heart and shouldn't strike fear into anyones heart, just made me want to laugh while he was fighting. now maul and vader on the head, maul cause of his looks and vader with that armor, now i wouldn't want to meet either one of them in a dark alley, or anyhwere as a matter of fact.

darth maim
1 January 2003, 05:34 PM
Why am I not on there?

Seriously though.... Vader all the way.

"your powers are weak old man... " nothing tops that.

That and Vader is a self preserving badass and he's uber powerful.

Maul was a bootlicking schmuck. End of arguement.

Nova Spice
6 January 2003, 11:20 AM
As far as coolest Sith ever, that award goes to Darth Maul hands down. His martial arts ability combined with his double-bladed lightsaber and his wicked looks make him a really awesome Sith.

As far as most powerful Sith, that award can be given to Darth Vader. I know Darth Sidious was the manipulator and conspirator of the whole saga, but in raw Force power, Lord Vader carries the cake. His intimidating and fearsome nature combined with his icy demeanor make him the most prolific Sith. :D :p

Zakzahn
6 January 2003, 01:29 PM
I'm apalled at the lack of people voting for Palpatine. I mean, he is the one that succeeded in revenging the Sith, is he not? So Darth Maul looks cool? Vader has a cool voice? Palpatine can wrack your body with Force Lightning. His only failing is that he kind of turned insane at the end, but you try keeping things straight when you are imerrssed (sp) in the dark side.

Nova Spice
6 January 2003, 02:06 PM
I'm apalled at the lack of people voting for Palpatine. I mean, he is the one that succeeded in revenging the Sith, is he not? So Darth Maul looks cool? Vader has a cool voice? Palpatine can wrack your body with Force Lightning. His only failing is that he kind of turned insane at the end, but you try keeping things straight when you are imerrssed (sp) in the dark side.

Well the title of the thread is "Who is the Coolest Sith?" We know Palpatine was the head honcho, but as far as coolness? Sorry, an old wrinkly man in a hood that looks like he just woke up on the wrong side of the coffin doesn't cut cool for me! :D :p

Codym
6 January 2003, 08:01 PM
Guess it depends what you define as cool. If you like cunning, you go Palpatine, if you like style you go with Dooku, if you like presence you go with Vader, and if you like flash, you go with Maul. At the end of the day, it comes down to which of these is more important to you.

But you have to admit, that Force Lightning is cool...

Vreel Kudarin
7 January 2003, 12:50 PM
E X A R K U N

Levistus
7 January 2003, 03:17 PM
uhhh...... its.....well...... A MATTER OF OPINION!!!!!! i think if it would be nice if we were to stop debating this. Its really irritating and getting everyone nowhere fast.

dgswensen
7 January 2003, 03:26 PM
Well the title of the thread is "Who is the Coolest Sith?" We know Palpatine was the head honcho, but as far as coolness? Sorry, an old wrinkly man in a hood that looks like he just woke up on the wrong side of the coffin doesn't cut cool for me!

Well, ultimately, Palpatine doesn't HAVE to be cool. He's the most powerful man in the Galaxy by far. He doesn't have to look better than his enemies -- he can kill them by pointing a finger. And he doesn't have to look good -- if he wants the chicks, he can just have them enslaved by the massive army he has at his command.

In short, Palpatine can do whatever he wants, and no one has anything to say about it, which some might define as being "cool" if that was their sort of thing.

But coolest-LOOKING sith, that's another issue.

Darth Fury
23 January 2003, 08:03 AM
In luie of Exar Kun or Ulic Qel-Droma being on your list, I chose Darth Vader.

Jedi Master Talon
28 January 2003, 09:19 AM
Darth Vader is the best sith ever. He is amazing he could kill every person on the list and killed the strongest of them The Emporer. He is the best. No if ands or buts about it.

malphas13
10 February 2003, 07:18 AM
I'd put Maul and Vader at about equal, but I'd have to lean towards Maul... No one has yet to display as much martial prowess in the movies as Maul... I didn't really like Dooku... He's just not threatening, he looks like an old man with a bent lightsabre... :raised:

VixenofVenus
10 February 2003, 07:58 AM
I still say it's Vixen of Venus ... I mean, I have the genetic material of all of those choices ... and I'm female ... come on! Think about it!

Jastor
12 February 2003, 03:05 AM
Someone that knows whatever happened to Darth Bane and Rain ?

Tossk
12 February 2003, 04:14 AM
I don't have the slightest, Jastor, but

Exar Kun

Challenges jedi in front of the Senate, weilds a cooler double-bladed 'saber, has a personal planet and race, kind of like Vader's Noghri. Plus, hes old-school Sith, he don't die in one film or six, he wraps way around them and returns as a Spirit, possesing poor ol' Luke's nouveax jedi, which are more tempermental than Ani in Ep 2. He's still downright cooler, but to vote, I'd choose Maul. Personally, I think he's a spirit too, just stuck in the bottom of the pit. He looks very cool, and he was cheap-shotted in the end, in fact, that was the only way for Kenobi to live, he was story-cut, if he wasn't, he might have helped break the Rule of Two, and possibly fought hand-in-hand with Vader.

KenobiJim
16 February 2003, 03:06 PM
I kinda like Exar Kun...

Dark Orbit
16 February 2003, 04:37 PM
Who is the coolest Sith Ever?
Whew! tough decision!

On the basis of the best I personally would choose Palpatine, basically b/c he has the best credientials. He fooled the Jedi Council, he fooled the Senate, he killed all the Jedi, he turned "the one" to the Dark Side, he controlled the known galaxy for nearly 3 decades, he ressurected himself on Byss countless times, he turned Luke to the Dark Side (?), and he built a whole bunch of kick-@$$ Superweapons! (Galaxy Gun, 2 Death Stars, the Sun Crusher to name a few)

Now, on the basis of coolest, I would have to (and did) cast my vote for Darth Maul. He looks the most intimidating when he fights, plus he says very little and mostly gets the job done (some of my character traits :) )

No Way Obi-Wan should have killed him in Ep.1, massive cheap garbage: Obi-Wan has time to get his lightsaber, jump over him, and slice him in half, and all Maul does in that same time is turn around!
(I still feel cheated on Maul's premature Death)

that's my two cents...

The bottom line for me is I think anybody with the first name of Darth is the coolest Sith Ever!

(with apologies to all you fans of Exar Kun; or is it Darth Kun?:))

Tramp
4 March 2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Dark Orbit

(with apologies to all you fans of Exar Kun; or is it Darth Kun?:))

His name was Exar Kun, he did not use a Darth monicer. That tradition started with Darth Bane.

As far as the coolest Sith ever, I'd have to go for Vader, because he was the CHOSEN ONE!!!!! .:vader: While Maul may have been freakier looking and more athletic; and Dooku had more finesse and style, noone had the shear power that Vader had. Not even the Emperor:kenobi: :sabersml:

Tossk
4 March 2003, 07:05 PM
You've got a point, who else can choke an imperial general from the opposite end of a table with two fongers when their mad, and get away with it? Darth Vader.

Even though I didn't vote for him.

BTW 500th post! Yay!:D

Darth_Cassed
10 March 2003, 08:05 PM
Darth Cassed....I mean cmon, who's ever heard of Cassed?? It's original!!

Ravnor
12 June 2006, 04:18 AM
Dooku, he had more charicter than Maul.
by the way, who the hell is darth Bane?

Tramp
12 June 2006, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by Ravnor
Dooku, he had more charicter than Maul.

Darth Bane was the sole surviving Sith from the Battle of Ruusan and who instituted the “Rule of Two” which stated that from that point on, there shall only be tow Sith at any one time—a Master and an Apprentice.

Rogue Trader
12 June 2006, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Ravnor
You'll find more about Darth Bane in the DSSB, Jedi vs. Sith graphic novel, and the Ultimate Visual Guide.

Note also that there is a novel featuring Darth Bane due for release in October. It's set to cover many of Bane's Sith teachings as well as his establishment of the Rule of Two.

Rogue Trader
12 June 2006, 07:59 AM
As for the "Coolest Sith"...

Pre-Episode III... I would've said Darth Vader, and not only because of the fact that he is the Chosen One... but because he's the Sith Lord we know the most about.

But, after RotS... and Palpatine's true nature was revealed... I have to say that Darth Sidious nudges just a little further than Vader in my opinion as the "coolest Sith".

Fingon
18 June 2006, 03:28 PM
It HAS to be Vader. Vader is on par with such characters as Vladimir Harkonnen, HAL, and Hannibal Lecter. He is awesome, someone who is crippled and still one of the most powerful Sith in history.

Tossk, across a table is nothing. He chocked Admiral Ozzel, who was on the bridge, from his personal chambers, which could have literally miles away. Who else can do that?