PDA

View Full Version : Best Jedi of all time

Jedi Master Talon
13 December 2002, 09:30 AM
Who is the greatest Jedi

Iain Kysler, Jedi Apprentice
13 December 2002, 09:46 AM
It was tough, but I finally had to go with one of two choices: Yoda, or Mace Windu...and I think Yoda lived long enough to be considered for the 'all-time' category, because his eyes had seen quite a bit of change by the time he became one with the Force.

Talonne Hauk
13 December 2002, 10:12 AM
Good poll, but you left out the greatest; Qui-Gon Jinn. In his absence, I voted for Yoda.

Moose
13 December 2002, 02:45 PM
I voted for Yoda and he was the "greatest" of the Jedi, but may not be the most important. Luke defeated the Emperor and Vader, something that all the Jedi before him failed to do. He reestablished the Jedi Order and brought them back into the Galaxy as the defenders of peace and justice once again. Therefore, in a way I think that Luke is the greatest Jedi, "from a certain point of view";)

Codym
13 December 2002, 04:54 PM
I agree with Talonne Hauk: Qui-Gon Jinn.

The guy embodied the Jedi - thoughtful, calm, inventive and heroic.

ElfWord
13 December 2002, 07:45 PM
Anakin Solo clearly represents the best of the Jedi. He has raw power, refined skill, and rational philosophy. He is the first Jedi to make a truly great new insight as to the nature of the force.

KenobiJim
13 December 2002, 10:14 PM
I voted for Mace Windu for his quiet power and command of skill. But it was a hard choice since I like Anakin Solo as well. Solo was on the path to a major epiphany and was cut down (probably) in the middle of it. Qui-gon Jinn is to me also unbelievably cool. He was really in touch with the living Force.

Jim Williams
14 December 2002, 05:41 AM
Qui-Gon Jinn was the greatest Jedi we know about of all time.

"I will do what I must, Obi-Wan."

"Master Yoda says I should be mindful of the future."
"Yes, but never at the expense of the moment."

He's just awesome. And I really like the intensity and inflection in Obi-Wan's voice when he says, "Qui-Gon Jinn would never join YOU." in AotC. Another testimony to Qui-Gon.

He wasn't the oldest, or greenest, or baddest with the blade, but he is apparently the first Jedi to exist after death as a Force Spirit.

CaamasiJedi49
14 December 2002, 11:00 AM
I would go with Luke Skywalker. Though yoda and all the other jedi(including Qui-gon, who i was surprised to not see on the poll) did amazing things, Luke has done stuff that over shadows them. Luke has not only defeated the Sith, he has also redemeeded his father from the dark side, destroyed the first death star, brought back the jedi from the brink of extinction, and has brought back the jedi counsil (with a few minor modifications to the setup). Though granted, he should have been more aggressive at the beginning of the NJO, his accomplishments far outweigh his mistakes.

Caamasi Jedi49

Shinin
15 December 2002, 06:29 PM
I'm gonna have to go with luke on this. For all the reasons the others have said, but also because his knowledge of the force would be a little better than Yoda's because he has been on both sides of the force.

Nova Spice
15 December 2002, 06:35 PM
I think that that the little green munchkin with the Bruce Lee moves gets my vote! Anyone who is nine hundred years old and still can't speak Basic is either someone who A ). Cares nothing about what others think about him, or B ). Is way more sarcastic than he lets on!

Besides, he's green and he is two feet tall. I love a kickass munchkin! :D

Jedi Master Talon
16 December 2002, 09:02 AM
I'd have to say Corran Horn because he got me hooked in I'Jedi. So I'm sorry for alll you Yoda lovers.B)

sebulba524
18 December 2002, 03:41 PM
I liked Luke and all, and he was good, but Yoda was the greatest. Considering the fact that at almost 900 years old, he could defeat one of the greater Jedi and current Sith in lightsaber combat, he's gotta be good. I'm not sure what to say...

Talon Razor 'GM'
18 December 2002, 05:15 PM
Yoda, Yoda, Yoda. Sheezhs! :rolleyes:

Come on guys! Who is the man who is a snub-jock, undercover agent, Jedi and all-around cool guy? Corran Horn!!!

I mean, Yoda couldn't even reach the controls of a fighter....

Nova Spice
19 December 2002, 07:33 AM
I mean, Yoda couldn't even reach the controls of a fighter....

True, although Corran is the man who can't lift a dust mite with the Force, much less a falling pillar of solid stone. Yoda certainly can and did. :D

Jedi Master Talon
19 December 2002, 08:57 AM
Alright what do you have aganst Corran, Nova. He's the most amazing character ever. He's the type of Jedi we'd all like to be or I'd like to be. Corran may not be able to pick things up with the force but he can get shot and walk away from it if he got hit by it.:)

mojo1701
19 December 2002, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Talon:

True, although Corran is the man who can't lift a dust mite with the Force, much less a falling pillar of solid stone. Yoda certainly can and did.

But remember, Corran Horn's greatest power is his ability to affect minds (but it doesn't affect the Yuuzhan Vong :mad: :( )

Even then, I still voted for him. Especially that duel on Ithor ;)

Talon Razor 'GM'
19 December 2002, 05:21 PM
Hey, at least Corran Horn could MAKE that pillar think it had stopped!

And He could have taken the bolts and shrugged it off.

Corran Horn rocks!

Seghast
23 December 2002, 10:06 AM
Mara; she's hot, bad to the bone, and a redhead. I don't care if she is pushing 40 by NJO, she's still hot!

Do not question my choice! My hormones command it!

OBEY THE HORMONES!

technopooka
23 December 2002, 08:08 PM
IMHO, I must say that there has be one that showed that he was human and just not a jedi robot. A man that even the Yuzong-Vong have to give props to. In the End Ganner Reezo(Sp?) was a true jedi. He showed no fear in the face of insurmountable odds I believe that he embodied the basic jedi code:

There is no emotion; There is peace
There is no ignorance; There is knowledge
There is no passion; There is serenity
There is no death; There is the Force

But that is just one man's opinion (I have always been a sucker for the heroic death)

Peace Out!
Da pookster

Nova Spice
23 December 2002, 08:37 PM
Alright what do you have aganst Corran, Nova. He's the most amazing character ever. He's the type of Jedi we'd all like to be or I'd like to be. Corran may not be able to pick things up with the force but he can get shot and walk away from it if he got hit by it.

I don't have anything against him, he's a great character, but not a great Jedi. And he certainly isn't the type of Jedi I'd like to be....if I were a Jedi I would hope I could use basic telekinesis. ;)

ElfWord
23 December 2002, 08:54 PM
People never seem to remember this, but in the novel that defined Corran Horn(I, Jedi), he DID use telekenisis! Does anyone else know the moment I'm talking about!? It admittedly wasn't much, but it was still something!

Talon Razor 'GM'
23 December 2002, 09:09 PM
Yes he did! It moved three inches! Yoda would have been proud!! :D

ElfWord
23 December 2002, 09:13 PM
Not the time I'm talking about... :p

Dark Knight
29 December 2002, 06:48 PM
Ok, here's my question....where's Ganner?
His last stand alone merited for him to at least be On the list.

Kanner Ra'an
30 December 2002, 03:03 PM
Jacen Solo all the way. He might not be able to make up his mind about some things, ok anything, but lets see Yoda make an amphistaff bite its owner.

mojo1701
30 December 2002, 03:51 PM
However, after more thinking, I don't understand why the little Fosh (ex-?) Jedi Vergere went. Sure, she's not in the NJOSB, but she has a lot to do with the Jedi after the fall of Coruscant.

Jedi Master Talon
31 December 2002, 10:08 AM
At least I remember it Elfword, on one occasion he used the energy created from the pool to lift the one jedi whose married to Kam now. So to everyone he did use telekinesis. And I'm sorry for not putting Ganner on.B)

darth maim
31 December 2002, 06:00 PM
ok.... first of all I just can't really get behind Luke at all. He's a whiny little punk, sure he got some things done that noone had before but that doesn't make him any less annoying. I voted for Anakin Solo, he could have been so much better than his uncle if he hadn't been killed. It's a real shame.

Also Corran is awesome... tk or not.

Jedi Master Talon
7 January 2003, 09:31 AM
I agree with you Luke didn't even do anything till Star by Star it just makes me mad. He was amazing in the movies so what happen to him. He's just gotten soft that's what I think.B)

mojo1701
7 January 2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Talon (3 times):

I agree with you Luke didn't even do anything till Star by Star it just makes me mad. He was amazing in the movies so what happen to him. He's just gotten soft that's what I think.

Yeah, and old.

Jedi Master Talon
9 January 2003, 09:29 AM
Ypur right he has gotten old to.

Lehesu
10 January 2003, 01:04 PM
Who could not vote Yoda?:rolleyes: :D

RoyalGuard
11 January 2003, 01:57 AM
Yoda!

Great Warriors are not great Jedi! Yoda had a true understanding of the Force, trained countless Jedi (including Luke) and could have taken out Dooku at any time, who was a Sith master by the time of AOTC.

I'd say that Luke, Corran, Jacen, Anakin Solo (at the end) and Ganner Rhysode (again, at the end) all embodied the spirit of the Jedi one way or the other.

Arcome
22 January 2003, 05:16 AM
Luke may be a good jedi, but he couldn't teach his way out of a wet paper sack with instructions.

Corran Horn has some very cool powers and ideas in I, JEDI. Read the book people, it's a goody.

Darth Fury
22 January 2003, 12:54 PM
I think that Voodo Vask, Who sacrificed himself to defeat Exar Kun(BTW he dueled Kun with a simple wooden stick vs. a doublebladed Lightsaber!!!).

CaamasiJedi49
22 January 2003, 01:41 PM
I thought that was pretty cool myself, but I vote again for Plo Koon. Read his comics and the such people because they are awesome (or at least I think so. GO PLO KOON!

Caamasi Jedi49

Nova Spice
22 January 2003, 02:10 PM
I think that Voodo Vask, Who sacrificed himself to defeat Exar Kun(BTW he dueled Kun with a simple wooden stick vs. a doublebladed Lightsaber!!!).

I think you mean Vodo Siosk-Baas, The Krevaaki Watchman of Dantooine. He definitely was the epitome of the light side Jedi during the TotJ time period. Have to agree with you. ;)

dgswensen
22 January 2003, 03:28 PM
Yarael Poof all the way!

Trandoshan Jedi
22 January 2003, 05:10 PM
It's me! see the screenname?! Really it's Plo Koon!!

mojo1701
22 January 2003, 05:13 PM
[see above]

Darth Fury
22 January 2003, 07:51 PM
Thanks for the correction Nova, opps!:o

Jedi Master Talon
23 January 2003, 09:32 AM
Sorry guys but Corran Horn and Anakin are the best sorry.

Wesly Senesca
23 January 2003, 11:41 AM
I voted for Luke. He did the best with what he had and managed to rebuild the Jedi Order from almost nothing to something that is giving Hell to the Vong. If you look at his stats, he's an impressive swordsman, he been on both sides of the force, and, like his father, he has a conection to the Force like no other Jedi save for blood relatives.

Also, like others have been posting, he did succeed where the entire Jedi Order failed inregards to the Sith.

The one thing I can agree with that I don't like about him is his teaching methods, but then look at his prior training: Obi-Wan taught him the basics and then died, and Yoda gave him a three month crash course on Dagobah,so of course he's not going to be the best at teaching.

On a side note, he is the most dynamic character of all the Jedi. He went from a whiny teenage brat to a respectable and powerful Jedi Knight.

P.S. He's also got a killer wife.

allstar6767
23 January 2003, 07:55 PM
My vote goes to Mace Windu. While not to much is known about him, it is known that he was head of the Jedi Council, even above Yoda. Mace seemed more in control of himself in the prequels than did Yoda. Yoda seemed to become almost angered at several things. Such as the training of anakin, and especially Luke's brashness, and look what luke accomplished. Granted Yoda may have been right when it came to the topic of training Anakin, but I do believe Sidious/Palapatine would have simply found someone else to manipulate. Also, Did anyone give thought to the fact that Yoda was the one who went into hiding, and not Mace? It seems to me that Mace may have been more able to deal with sith, and supress them much more than Yoda, i.e. was he stuck around and fought and why Yoda went into hiding.

I started thinking some more, and I don't know how you guys can even compare Yoda and Corran, Corran is a sub-par Jedi, great character, but poor Jedi. He is not very in-touch with the force and yoda could easily take any shot Corran could, not that Yoda would ever get hit by something as simple as a blaster. Oh and on the record... Yoda would tear up on all of the NJO Jedi's, save Anakin, and even then I think Yoda would prevail.

~~~Allstar6767~~~~
"This party's over." - Only Samuel L. Jackson can say something so lame and out of context, and still sound so cool and subsequently kick some...

Jedi Master Talon
24 January 2003, 09:25 AM
Yeah Mace is amazing mainly because of what he did in the Second movie. That is great.

DevJannz
3 February 2003, 06:48 AM
I voted for Corran Horn because out of all the other choices I think he best represents what it means to be a Jedi and because they did not have a choice for Qui-Gon Jinn.