PDA

View Full Version : Jedi, and empire power

Shinin
15 December 2002, 10:52 AM
I have a question about the early rebellion era, a little before "A New Hope". I'm wondering how many jedi were around, and if there are some, do they have to hide. Also is this time period the height of the Empire, or is it just on the lower or the upper scale of there power?

ElfWord
15 December 2002, 11:38 AM
A little before Episode IV would be right before the Rebellion was organized, so the Empire would be at the height of it's power. The same Jedi that were in Episode IV would be around, and possibly 1 or 2 others that the Empire finally tracked down and killed by Episode IV. They would definitely be trying to hide.
Of course, I'm making assumptions about what you mean by "a little before". If you could give us an idea in years, you'll get more help.

Shinin
15 December 2002, 12:41 PM
I meant like a few years. So basically there are no jedi, except for obi won, and yoda.

wolverine
16 December 2002, 05:09 AM
I have done many games in this timesetting, and usually there are 4-8 other 'force users' running around/hiding. Most are too low on the force power totem pole to warrent the Empire's attention, or are already a little tainted so they over look them....

Seghast
16 December 2002, 09:44 AM
I'm not sure if the EU books ever gave us an idea on how many Jedi might have been alive and in hiding during that time other than Obi-Wan and Yoda. All I can remember are the witches of Dathomir and Vima Da Boda.

Of course, you can always make up Jedi knights/masters that were in hiding, or count other people's characters from these forums as the Jedi in hiding.

As a guess on my part for what the EU has left unsaid, I'd say there's approximately 5 Jedi or less, excluding Obi-Wan, Yoda, and the Dathomir witches.