PDA

View Full Version : Madalorians?

Poof's Padawan
18 December 2002, 08:19 PM
Okay this may be the biggest dumbass question to date, but were there more people like Jango/Boba Fett (Similar armor) that belonged to a Bounty Hunter guild called the Mandalorians?

ElfWord
18 December 2002, 08:30 PM
Not really sure what answer you're looking for so I will give several.
The Mandalorians were a group of people that were enemies of the Jedi. Jango Fett and Boba Fett wore the armor of these people, who were wiped out by the Jedi.
To my knowledge, there is no Bounty Hunter Guild called The Mandalorians.
There is another bounty hunter besides Boba Fett that wears Mandalorian armor. I can't remember his name for certain, I think it was Jodo Kast.
Hope that clears some things up for you.

Grimace
18 December 2002, 08:47 PM
If you want one author's take on the Mandalorians, look into the comic series (or collector's book) called Tales of the Jedi. In it they show the Mandalorians and give you an idea on how they work and where they come from.

Chances are better than not that neither Jango Fett or Boba Fett are TRUE Mandalorians, they just managed to acquire the armor of the Mandalorian warrior. I've heard that such a feat is quite difficult, as the Mandalorians were quite tough, and the only way their armor would be "available" was for the Mandalorian to die, thus leaving the armor unclaimed. So for a non-Mandalorian to have such armor, they would have needed to search for one of those places where a Mandalorian had died, and hope that whatever killed the Mandalorian in the first place wasn't still around.

I've had players in my games try to weasle a set of that armor, but I always tell them "Hey, if you wanna go where the Mandalorians went and see if you can find a suit from a dead one, taking it from whomever owns it now, then be my guest." That quiets them down fairly quickly. ;)

Wade Trenor
19 December 2002, 01:37 AM
According to the Jango Fett comic series, he was a human born and raised on Concord Dawn.

His family was killed when they were caught in the crossfire of a
Mandalorian 'civil war'. The leader of the 'good' Mandalorians, a man named Jaster Mereel (some of you may note that that's an alias Boba Fett assumes), took pity on the young Jango, and adopted him.

The story continues on how Jango got his revenge on those that killed his family, and how he came to be recruited by Dooku.

Poof's Padawan
19 December 2002, 06:25 AM
Oh, ok, i see now, the reason i never really knew is I never read any Star Wars comics. Ok, well thanks for clearing that up for me.