PDA

View Full Version : Battle Similarities?

mojo1701
22 December 2002, 06:19 AM
I was watching the original trilogy yesterday, and I noticed something peculiar:

Some of the battles from the original trilogy looked very similar to those in Episode I.

For Example:

1. The Space Battle at the Battle of Naboo vs. The Battle to destroy the Death Star (from both Ep. IV and VI)

2. The Trade Federation Droid/Gungal Battle at the Battle of Naboo vs. The Battle of Hoth

Have any of you ever noticed this, or any other ones?

MassassiC
22 December 2002, 10:06 AM
Also don't forget the Kenobi/Jango asteroid fight in Clones and the Han/TIE Fighters asteroid flight in Empire.
So if he is mimicing his own trilogy in the new trilogy, then we can expect to see another big space battle and a personal fight with Anakin and someone while in the presence of Palpatine/Emperor.

mojo1701
22 December 2002, 10:12 AM
Yet another good one. Thanks a lot, MassassiC!

Kal_Myadon
27 December 2002, 09:28 AM
In one interview with George Lucas, he said that a lot of the things that happened to Luke and friends would happen to Anakin so the similaritys are purposeful. Oh and let's not forget the main protaganist losing his hand in the second film of the trilogy

Kal

ALFRED_THE_EWOK
31 December 2002, 03:40 AM
Hey mojo1701, where is that second quote in your signature from? It sounds...Dick-ian.

mojo1701
31 December 2002, 06:13 AM
What do you mean by Dick-ian?

Anyway, this particular quote is from an episode of ST: Voyager, said by the Doctor, I think, while they were stuck on Earth in the year 1996. Future's End

Lord Kjeran
31 December 2002, 09:04 AM
Chello!

He's more-than-likely referring to he writings of Phillip K. Dick ("The Man in High Castle").

Anyway, a friend of mine once said that Ep 1 is essentially Ep 4 w/o a Han Solo character. What ticked my friend off about that wasn't the rewrite, but that he is a big Han Solo fan!

;)

Tony

ALFRED_THE_EWOK
31 December 2002, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Lord Kjeran
Chello!

He's more-than-likely referring to he writings of Phillip K. Dick ("The Man in High Castle").

Yeah, I recently read The Simulacra, which is about psychoanalysts, so that quote struck a chord with me.