PDA

View Full Version : Legends of the Jedi: Spectre of the Future OOC Thread

Corr Terek
23 December 2002, 08:19 PM
Hello, I'm looking for people to help me test-play my Crossover, which is seriously lacking in feedback. It's a D6 game, as I have not yet been able to convert the Crossover to D20.

The campaign begins two years before the events in the NJO order. There has been a disturbance in the Force, and Jedi Master Corr Terek has dispatched one of his Jedi Knights, Cale Starwind, to investigate this disturbance.

Cale's investigations have led him to the very edges of the Unknown Regions. Now, with his Master's permission, Cale has hired a crew and a ship to take him into the Unknown Regions in search of this disturbance.

As I said earlier, I'm looking for a few people to sign on as crewmembers aboard the High Noon. Captain Rillik owns the High Noon -- his crew is open to whoever wants to join. I'm also open to allowing other Jedi or Force-sensitive characters.

Those interested in joining, please PM me with a character concept. Once I've ok'ed that, you can make stats for the character. As soon as I've developed a list of rules (which will probably be the same ones found in GRaD) I'll post those here too.

Corr Terek
27 December 2002, 03:37 PM
Here are the rules, courtesy of the good GMs over at GRaD.

1.Posting will be limited in the IC thread to once per day. This is to give every character a chance to interact with the story line, which will be much more linear and involved than others.

2.Please, for the sake of mutual enjoyment, do not post detailed actions for other peoples characters. Any short happenstance required to move the story line along will be permissible, but each player should consider what they are doing carefully before committing an action with another players character.

3.Major NPC's (created by the "GM") and minor NPCs (created by the players) are for everyone to use and control. As long as you keep the character believable, manipulating them is fine.

4.Try to post on a consistent basis. This rule is so that the story line does not completely stop. If you will be leaving or be away from the internet for an extended period of time, please try to remove your character from the action; or inform me, and I'll will try to keep your character around and safely in the background. (Due to the fact that some people cannot post as often on the weekends, this rule will be relaxed on Sat&Sun)

5.Nothing unbelievable is allowed. We will be playing a little closer to the view of reality than some threads, so please try not to do anything fantastical with your character. (Therefore if your character does not have the skills necessary for disarming a live bomb, it would probably be best if you didn't attempt to do so.)

6.Have fun. The primary job of this thread is so that a group of us can get together and have a good ol' time playing SWRPG. So, have fun.

7.Talk to me. Let me know what you guys are thinking. I welcome any comments and suggestions, and although I have a plot in store for all of us, any ideas will be seriously considered.

8.One other thing, please keep any OOC comments, no matter how small, out of the IC thread. The OOC thread is fair game for a decent amount of dementia, but the IC thread is for the RPG.

Oh yes, players who have had their character concept approved by me and have created stats for their character may post them here, along with backgrounds, bios, etc. I will be creating the IC thread as soon as we have enough members.

Corr Terek
27 December 2002, 03:46 PM
And here we have the main GM character/NPC, Cale Starwind.

Cale is not technically a Jedi Knight -- he and most others of his kind prefer the term "Knight of the Circle". When he was 13, he met the former Jedi Master Karr Mallux, who trained him in the arts of the Jedi until Karr's death, six years ago. Cale then began to train under fellow Knight of the Circle Corr Terek. At age 25, Cale was declared a full Knight, and has since showed incredible promise. Unlike most Knights of the Circle, Cale has not yet chosen a path of study to follow -- most Knights of the Circle choose a path, whether it be that of the Jedi, the Baadu, the Shimurans, or another Force-using sect. When asked why, Cale simply says he has not found a path to his liking.

Cale was dispatched to find out the source of the mysterious echoes that reverberated through the Force. His search, which has taken six months already, has led him to the very edges of Known Space. Now, Cale has hired a crew of brave adventurers to explore the Unknown Regions. None of them know what they miay find, though Cale sometimes feels a sense of vague foreboding...

Name: Cale Starwind
Species: Human
Type: Knight of the Circle
DEX: 2D+2
Brawling Parry: 4D+2, Dodge: 6D, Lightsaber Combat: 6D, Running: 6D+1, Blaster: 4D+1
KNO: 3D
Alien Species: 5D, Cultures: 4D+1, Languages: 5D, Planetary Systems: 4D+2, Survival: 6D+2
PER: 3D+1
Bargain: 4D+2, Command: 5D+1, Willpower: 5D, Sneak: 4D, Hide: 5D+1, Intimidation: 5D
STR: 3D
Brawling: 5D, Stamina: 6D+1, Swimming: 4D+1
MEC: 2D+1
Starship Ops: 5D, Starfighter Ops: 3D+2
TEC: 2D
Lightsaber Repair: 6D+1, First Aid: 4D+1
Known Force Powers: Absorb/Dissipate Energy, Accelerate Healing, Concentration, Combat Sense, Danger Sense, Enhance Attribute, Affect Mind, Lightsaber Combat, Remove Fatigue, Hibernation Trance, Life Detection, Life Sense, Telekinesis.
Force Sensitive: Yes
Dark Side Points: 1
Force Points: 3
Character Points: 19
Move: 11
Equipment: Personal Lightsaber (5D+1), robes, commlink.

Cale's stats were kinda thrown together in a hurry, so if I missed something, please point it out to me.