PDA

View Full Version : In the clutches of evil's Talons, An Epic Infinities Campaign....

Talon Razor 'GM'
24 December 2002, 08:04 PM
I am starting a massive epic campaign called In the clutches of evil's Talons. It is based on the fact if Darth Vader lived on the Death Star II. It is going to be a big campaign and it will focus on space combat, epic storytelling, deep immersion roleplaying and large-scale combat. Here is a short description of the campaign:

The galaxy is shattered. Torn by the various warring fractions, all vying for control of it. The rebels were successful in destroying the Death Star II. During the battle Darth Vader turned to the light side and killed the Emperor. After his son pulled him aboard the shuttle and took him to the medical frigates, teams of doctors and medics saved his life. In a powerful bonding with his son and daughter through the force, he was cured. Determined to set right after all the wrong he did, he took back his name, Anakin Skywalker.
The New Republic was formed right after the Battle of Endor. Leia has managed to gain the support of the Hapans and the Corporate Sector Authority. The Empire, having its major leadership gone, was claimed by Thrawn. Thrawn has managed to keep the Empire united, even though the Empireís influence has waned. However, Prince Xizor and the Black Sun claimed that he was the rightful heir. Prince Xizor has signed a treaty with the Hutts, getting their help. He proclaimed himself the Royal Emperor and has the Sun Crusher backing him up.
Most supporters of the New Republic have demand the death of Anakin Skywalker. Luke has refused, claiming his father is a new man. Anakin himself has written a long declaration, called Vaderís Statement of Apology, apologizing to the people of the galaxy. Anakin declared that he was to devote his life to correcting the wrongs he did. It was not enough though. The New Republic quietly asked Luke to step out of the limelight.
The New Republic was in danger in losing massive amount of systems if the former Darth Vader did not go. So Luke broke away from the New Republic and formed the Free Jedi States. He founded a Jedi academy, taught by him and his father. With his fatherís help, the academy is very successful. Many students have been trained and with Anakin teaching the students about the darkside and the dangers of it, very few students have fallen. The Jensaarai have also decided to aid the Free Jedi States. Luke has lent a part of the academy for their use and all though the Jensaarai have said they are not Jedi, they are helping the Jedi and have made many changes in their philosophy.
In this chaos and war stepped the Ssi-ruuk. Deciding to act now, they invaded several key sectors. Although they did not have the territory, they have an immense fleet at their disposal, plus a brand of special force-users to capture targets.
Only one year after the Ssi-ruuk has invaded, the Yuuzhan-Vong came in. Taking advantage of them all, they have spilt the galaxy. Will the warring factions come together and fight? Will they join with the new invaders and crush their enemies? Only time, and the players, will tellÖ

(If you want to play, here is the site to apply to. We will play on this site. Though it will be over a message board, it is not a MBRP game. You have to do rolls and all of the conventional rules. However, we are trying an expierment with the campaign, there is very different NPC rules. The site is:
Talon Razor's Campaign (http://www.msnusers.com/TalonRazorsCampaign/_whatsnew.msnw). You better hurry if you want to play, I already have half-a-dozen players signed up.)

-edit-

You can also PM me...

Talon Razor 'GM'
21 January 2003, 08:01 PM
The Campaign has started and we are almost full. Only one or two more openings, so if you want to play better apply fast, for I will close it down soon.

LawgSkrak
24 January 2003, 01:27 PM
Sounds interesting.

Did you get my PM? ;)

Talon Razor 'GM'
28 January 2003, 10:22 AM
I have now closed the campaign to open recruitment. It is now by invatition only. So now the members of Dark Force have embarked on their adventure!

Pheonix Dace
28 January 2003, 01:45 PM
I would have applied, but by the time I saw this thread you had closed applications :( . I am a slow looker. I was wondering where I can follow your story?

Talon Razor 'GM'
29 January 2003, 12:52 PM
I have opened the game to lurkers. You may now go there and watch. It is actually real lurker friendly, for it reads like a story, 'cuz we perform the Game Mechanics in a different place. Go ahead and check it out!

mojo1701
29 January 2003, 03:56 PM
Too bad, Phoenix Dace. It's a really good campaign with a really good storyline. It's a really interesting concept, "If Vader had survived the Second Death Star..."

If you've read the story, then:

All this from a(n ex-Sith) surviving...

Talon Razor 'GM'
27 October 2004, 08:02 AM
Hello all!

Clutches is still going, rather succesfully too. However, I've had two players drop due to RL issues and I am seeking replacements. If you wish to join, please PM me.

We are mostly needing some serious brusier type of guys or some non-Jedi Force-Users (though Jedi will be accepted). However, please have a fairly good character concept in mind when PMing me, as we like to maintain the high level of RPing quality.

It's a blast of a game that's been going on for awhile now! We have a huge story currently and looking for a few more to partipate, so if you like playing a dark, military type game that's heavy on character development and action, then you've come to the right place.

Talon Razor 'GM'
4 November 2004, 12:22 PM
coldskier just signed up, leaving about only one more slot open! If you are interested, give me a buzz on AIM at talonofrazor or email me at talonrazor@gmail.com or wfcleader@msn.com

Hurry to get in on our current scenario!