PDA

View Full Version : Leveling up and Rank with the site

Jedi Cahlwyn
31 December 2002, 08:35 AM
Greetings all! I just reached level 2!! WOOT!

Anyway, I was wondering if you had an explanation/chart of how to attain the different levels and ranks. I love the idea of having those on the site, it's awesome.

Anyway, just curious.

Rogue Janson
31 December 2002, 09:16 AM
The levels and rank systems are a notorious and closely guarded secret. Do a little searching back in this forum and you'll find plenty of discussion about it and people's best guesses at how they work.
(Incidentally I've been stuck at squadron leader for ages, you'd think the rate of attrition in Rogue Squadron they'd have a vacancy for a higher ranking officer by now.)

Jedi Cahlwyn
31 December 2002, 08:34 PM
Figures... I love the whole thing though. It's neat.

Oh and you know what? You're exactly right about the Rogues. You should be a Colonel by now. :D

Jedi Cahlwyn
1 January 2003, 05:42 PM
Okay, I have to admit... I LOVE this place. :D

I'm not sure why, but I am addicted to the rank/leveling system here. It gives you "rewards" for being a member. Maybe it's just me and I am wacko, but it's cool.

I've reached 3rd level and somewhere midway through 2nd I was promoted to a Midshipman from Cadet.

Also, just recently I have a wound point and ninety vitality. Any idea what the VP/WP are for? I've noticed that some people don't have max VP/WP. It's like they've been wounded or something... any clue there?

Jedi_Shadow
1 January 2003, 06:17 PM
Yeah, I'm interested to know what all those numbers mean, too!

Rogue Janson
2 January 2003, 03:56 AM
I'm pretty sure VPs are based on your rate of posting. For example, check out elfword (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=4683), a very prolific poster. With an average of over 5 posts a day, he's got full vitality.

Not sure about WPs though.

Nova Spice
2 January 2003, 08:53 AM
Check out this thread: http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?threadid=9061

This is some of our best guesses and speculations on the topic. Enjoy. ;)