PDA

View Full Version : Vergere: Friend or foe

Jedi Master Talon
31 December 2002, 11:16 AM
What's your guys idea's on the topic, I'd like to hear them.

Wedge Antilles, Rogue Leader
31 December 2002, 12:32 PM
Foe to the Vong.
Friend to the Jedi.

As for the New Republic or whatever they're calling it now, neither, but "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" so I'd say friend

Kanner Ra'an
31 December 2002, 01:55 PM
Friend

She always seemed to have the right intentions even if they were pretty harsh.

Nova Spice
31 December 2002, 02:00 PM
Neither friend nor foe. She was the epitome of what a Jedi should be (equal towards all parties). Her loyalties, as she states in Destiny's Way, lie to the Old Republic. Since the Old Republic is forever gone, its obvious Vergere's loyalties lie to herself and Jacen, not to the Jedi, not to the New Republic, and not to the Yuuzhan Vong. Vergere followed her own advice: she chose and acted. She chose to remain true to herself and acted on that principle. ;)

Seghast
31 December 2002, 03:08 PM
She's an overgrown chicken. Someone call Colonel Sanders...

I found Vergere to be annoying. She had her good points and bad, but I'd not label her a friend. On the other hand, I wouldn't really call her a foe. She's something in between.

What that something is, I'm not sure.

I think I find her annoying mostly because I haven't been able to pin a label of "good" or "bad" on her. It's alot easier to see things in terms of black and white than it is to see grey, sometimes.

Iain Kysler, Jedi Apprentice
31 December 2002, 08:19 PM
Well, judging from what I've read, I'd say both, but at different times.

Foe: Giving information to the YV about how things work in the 'infidel' world.

Friend: Saving Solo's life and stopping Elan.

Foe: Refusing to help Jacen escape.

Friend: Refusing to turn the Jedi in to the Vong in mid-mission and give away their positions.

Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera...

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
1 January 2003, 02:10 PM
Mercenary: The act of providing his/her services to the employer of the highest bidder. Has no qualms or loyalties about switching sides mid fight to further his/her own personal wealth & gain...

In that same sense, Vergere's helped both sides , and equally crossed both sides...

She helps mara by providing healing tears and mara has her baby. she turns in the solo kids to the clutches of the vong rather then helping them escape... ankin dies and jacen gets captured is presumed dead, further demoralizing the solo family and republic... jacen becomes Vergere's posesion, a tool for her own uses and plans...

A person of being such as Vergere, I do not trust, not until she's carved into a dozen peices and Vergere's nolonger... ;)

KenobiJim
1 January 2003, 08:40 PM
Labeling Vergere friend or foe is very difficult. She would probably say "yes" to either question. I believe Vergere didn't care whether she was following the Republic or the Vong even when she was fighting the Vong on Zonoma Sekot in the Rise of the Empire ("Rogue Planet"). I think that Vergere was a true servant of the Force, following her destiny in the only way she knew. From what I remember reading, Vergere made each decision clearly and with purpose. So she may seem a foe when her path led her in the same direction as the Vong. Then she may be called a Friend if her path followed that of the Republic (Old or New). Her ally was the Force, and by her understanding of it, the Force was not good nor evil; the user of the FOrce was good or evil. TheVong weren't invisible in the Force, it was the Jedi who couldn't see them. Is it the Vong's fault that the Jedi couldn't see the Vong (in the Force)? We can judge all we want, but only Vergere knew for sure where she stood.

Jedi Master Talon
7 January 2003, 10:26 AM
My oppion is she is a friend to Jacen but not to the Republic we know and love. Granted she wants them to win but her alligence isn't to them.