PDA

View Full Version : What were Darth Maul's orders?

Krad-edis
1 January 2003, 06:21 PM
I am really curious as to what Maul was to do after he tracked the Jedi and Queen to Tatooine.

"He will find your lost ship."

Okay Darth Sidious, then what? Is he to kill the Jedi and the Queen, or dispatch everyone but the Queen in order to bring her back to Gunray?

Yes, I have seen the movie and I understand that he was unsuccessful in doing either (well Qui-Gon died later, but...). I just want to get some opinions on what he would have done if he had bested both Jedi, Panaka, and the rest of the crew. I know Sidious wanted his treaty signed, but without the Queen, an accidental crashing of a Naboo cruiser in the wastelands of Tatooine (can't really miss) could have been staged by Maul and few pilot droids. With her out of the way, maybe Bibble could have signed the treaty?

What were Maul's intentions (we know they were bad), but were they assassination or capture?

Corr Terek
1 January 2003, 06:34 PM
I'd say kill everyone that got in the way, and return the Queen to Naboo. That seems like the most logical course of action.

Krad-edis
1 January 2003, 06:52 PM
Maul: Master, I have found the Jedi and the Queen on Tatooine, just as the probe said. Now what shall I do?

Sidious: I already told you what to do. Now do it, you idiot.

Maul: I was told to find their lost ship. I found it, Master.

Sidious: Oh, yes, thats right. I forgot to tell you what to do. Doh!

Maul: Should I kill them immediately....should I wipe them all out? This is usually what you say, Master.

Sidious: Quiet.....I am thinking.

True, chances are that Sidious wants the Queen, but for what reason....to sign the treaty, or to prevent someone from going for help? Does he need her that badly? Sorry if I am looking into this a little too much, but it would be very helpful to get some more opinions before I do a final write up for my D6 stats and plot capsule.

Thanks Corr Terek, I tend to agree, but since I have not seen anything written in stone about what his intentions were, I am still open to suggestions. That is why I placed a poll. If anyone can come up with anything that I don't have on the poll, which sounds plausible, I'd love to see it. Thanks in advance.

Fred Getce
2 January 2003, 06:03 AM
Uhhh...Sidious gave him his orders on Coruscant. Don't you remember. He told him he would have no difficulty in taking to queen to Naboo to sign the treaty and that he was well trained the Jedi wouldn't stand a chance.

Maul than said finally we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. finally we will have revenge.

So his orders were to take the Queen to Naboo to sign the treaty, and kill those who interfer like the two Jedi who were with her, plus any others that tried to defy him.

Krad-edis
2 January 2003, 08:25 AM
That makes it pretty clear then Fred.....I guess I'll have to fast forward to the part where he said that....it has been a while since I have seen that movie,....and to be honest, I only really enjoy the very beginning, and the very end. Thanks for bringing some closure to this.

Jeskan
4 January 2003, 09:54 AM
I think that Sidious wanted the queen to get to Courasaunt and Darth Maul was only to wear Qui-gon down a little just to show that the Sith were back. This way he would become supreme Chancelor and the Jedi would be busy worying about the sith.

Levistus
6 January 2003, 03:27 PM
oooohhhhh yeeeeeeaaaaah i remember that.... i won a stupid phone thingy that can say that.....

Jedi Master Talon
15 January 2003, 09:23 AM
I think he was supposed to kill everyone their and bring the queen back to Gunray. Sidious didn't really care much for anyone actually. So he proably knew that Maul was going to get killed sometime during that crisis. So he just gave him orders and hoped for the best.

Trandoshan Jedi
27 January 2003, 12:15 PM
It was to kill everyone and drag her back to the Viceroy. That would be the easyist way to do things

SORTEGA76
18 February 2003, 08:21 AM
Sidious had himself a win-win situation in the Naboo crisis. If the Trade Federation won, they would be beholden to Sidious and Palpatine (assuming he IS Sidious) can beat his chest in the Senate and proclaim how his planet was wronged. If everyone were killed, there were no witnesses and Sidious can manipulate the survivors of the Federation that much more.

Pel
19 February 2003, 11:10 AM
I'm thinking Maul was ordered to whack everyone except the Queen. For whatever reason, either Gunray or Sidious wanted her alive at least long enough to sign a treaty. I suspect that she would've met an untimely demise shortly after.
The Jedi weren't supposed to be at Naboo (according to Sidious) so he wanted them killed from the start.

Dark Orbit
20 February 2003, 11:14 AM
IMO, Darth Sidious' orders was to kill everyone including the Queen, mostly b/c he didn't need the Queen. If Sid is Palpatine, he would be in a win-win situation.

As the senator of Naboo, he could use his power to lobby the Republic to attack the Trade Federation for killing the leader of Naboo and taking over the planet which he represents.

As the "head man" of the TF (gives the leaders of the Trade Federation orders), he can also gain control of the planet way easier by immeadiately eliminating the Queen (accelerating the capitulation of Naboo).:D