PDA

View Full Version : Sly Moore, a possible Sith Acolyte?

Krad-edis
2 January 2003, 08:49 PM
I was browsing through the starwars.com database and I came upon this on Sly Moore (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/slymoore/eu.html). I found it really interesting, and I know that this character has just been a backdrop, but if you read the full bio, it really makes it sound as if she could be a key character in unraveling just who Palpatine is. Whether this is going to be an issue in Episode III, I really have to say probably not (but who knows what stuff we will see, it is said to be a dark film, and she looks pretty dark to me), but this still presents a pretty cool gaming possibility of someone who actually has dirt on Palpatine, or who actually may be an assistant of Palpatine....or Sidious. What does everyone think? I think she sounds like a pretty scary lady, someone that even Sidious might call "apprentice". Again, what does everyone else think?

Reverend Strone
2 January 2003, 11:28 PM
I had the chance to talk to Sandi Finlay (Sly Moore) at a convention recently and I did riefly quiz her as much as I dared about the enigmatic nature of her character.

The impression I got was that her background and future is really pretty vague- perhaps deliberately so in order to leave plenty of room for EU development ala Aurra Sing, but she did say that she expected to be back in Ep 3 and was hoping she'd get the chance to whoop some Jedi behind.

The idle musings of an actress or the result of her quiet character-building discussions with GL? -She didn't specify- though she mentioned both things in the course of the conversation. Perhaps Sly will turn out to be a lethal assassin as seems to be hinted at, or perhaps she's nothing more than scenery?

We'll see I quess.:)

Krad-edis
2 January 2003, 11:32 PM
Well, she looks and sounds like a bad as*, so I hope that she is more than scenery. She says she hopes to whip Jedi behind? Wonder where she got that idea from? I knew it, she is a bad as*! :)

Master Dao Rin
5 January 2003, 12:30 AM
Where did you get the idea that she is a Sith Acolyte from that?

... privy to Palpatine's closest secrets ... ?!?

I don't read Sith in that ... :shrug:

Krad-edis
5 January 2003, 02:49 AM
Not even the Jedi know who Palpatine really is. She is privy to his closest secrets, and from my stand point, the only way this is possible is probably for him to reveal himself to her.....so a possible apprentice question is raised. In her expanded story details (I think it is in the EU portion), she is believed to be able to influence or control others. Maybe Palpatine wants someone in the Senate who can do some of the same things he can, though not on the same magnitude. Someone who can secretly look after things. She is mysterious and shadowy, just like her boss. That is mainly why I see her being some sort of Sith minion.

Trandoshan Jedi
26 January 2003, 12:00 PM
I agree!

Talonne Hauk
28 January 2003, 06:37 PM
You ought to pick up the latest issue of Star Wars Insider, there is an interview with Rick McCallum. Included in the article are concept sketches of a bald-headed person wielding two lightsabers who looks suspiciously like Sly Moore. Hmmm...