PDA

View Full Version : What do you think is going to happen after Destiny's Way (possible SPOILERS)

Jedi Master Talon
8 January 2003, 10:27 AM
What do you think is going to happen after the battle in the Deep Core where Ackbar's plan worked?

Nova Spice
8 January 2003, 04:24 PM
Well, in my opinion, I think its fairly clear that the Vong will make their next move against the Imperial Remnant. If you look at the back of Destiny's Way and view the map, you'll see a brand new arrow pointing directly behind Remnant lines. It looks as if Pellaeon and the Chiss will slug it out, and I imagine that for the first time, New Republic and Imperial forces will work together in defeating the enemy.

As far as what I think the Jedi are going to do, I believe we are going to see half joining the military and half joining in the new government. With the new High Council established, the Jedi and the New Republic military (or what's left of it) will be able to work more efficiently together.

The Yuuzhan Vong are strained on personnel and troops. The Battle of Coruscant and the Battle of Ebaq really hit them hard, so I imagine they will be consolidating their primary forces and rebuilding them to defend vital worlds not on the front lines. I think we'll see Shimrra taking the lead role as Vong villain throughout the rest of the series, as well as Nom Anor playing both sides (both Vong and New Republic).

And finally, I think, or rather I know, that the New Republic will be dead. That name was essentially destroyed when Coruscant fell. I've heard several names for the new galactic government and both sound very cool to me. :D

ElfWord
9 January 2003, 04:05 AM
I'm hoping that there will eventually be a showdown between Shimrra and either Luke or Jacen. Hopefully we'll see more info about exploration into the deep core and possibly the mysterious superweapon that is rumoured to be aboard the Errant Venture. I think Ackbar will likely die soon, and I get the feeling that another main or major supporting character will die soon.

Jedi Master Talon
9 January 2003, 10:23 AM
I think that Jacen is going to have a larger role in the series. He's going to be the one to stop the YV from controlling the galaxy. The Imperial and the New Republic forces will finaly come together like you said Elfword.

Andrw
9 January 2003, 04:10 PM
Who thinks it would be cool if still in the deep core after >20 fighting each other on a constant basis the warlords have all become extremely intelligent and even more remarkable with their resource deployments in the scarce area. well anyways waht if after all this time they find out about the YV and with their incredible military genius and new weapons they start come out in a last unified blitz and push the YV back to the inner rim where they beceom at stalemate(reason for Vong to stop fighting and demand over Jedi to stale so they dont fight on two fronts) and anyways lots of crap happens with each side gaining grounds then losing them in day-by-day war. In the end the Warlords and Vong have a huge battle at some world, we are talking thousands of Star Destroyer sized Capital ships, and the Empire loss and then vanish,all ships go to hyperspace and are never seen from again, not before destroying an estimated 1/10 of all the YVs forces with loses to themselves at 1:8 of the YVs. So when the New Republic comes to Deep Core they find waht they think are 20year old abandoned buildings really just abandoned not so long ago(somehow this secret blitz is keep secret from both sides).
Ok i just thought of that still think its scetchy and most ppl think its stupid i bet but im thinking of amking a day by day timeline of wahts going on in it with accasional maps showing each sides worlds they control. So i just wanted to share that....

Nova Spice
9 January 2003, 04:31 PM
Well sounds interesting, but the problem is, there aren't any warlords left in the Deep Core. They were all forced to return to Remnant Space long before the Vong showed up. ;)

If you ever read any of the novels two-eight years after the Thrawn series, you might remember that the New Republic fought life and limb to expel the Empire from the Deep Core; and they succeeded. :D

Wedge Antilles, Rogue Leader
10 January 2003, 02:09 PM
I expect we'll see something of Zonama Sekot.

Andrw
10 January 2003, 09:46 PM
But how could they have fought deep core warlords outta deep core if they dont even know its coordinates to navigate through it...

RoyalGuard
11 January 2003, 02:50 AM
Andrw Dark Empire has the answers that you're looking for... as do the X-Wing graphic novels and novel series, the Courtship of Princess Leia and pretty much all of the other EU books up to the begining of the Black Fleet Crisis trilogy.

I think that with the event's in Desiny's Way, the Jedi will realise that they're on a tight schedule. Leia will negotiate with the Remnant, who will be more cooperative after they begin to get threatened. The Chiss will join in, leaving the Vong dealing with attacks from all sides.

Beset by social strife (Cult of the Jeedai) and politically embarassing events (loss of most of the fleet, Coruscant not behaving itself) Overlord Shimrra will be forced to use desperate and devastating tactics to retain his hold on the promised lands.

Luke and Jacen will travel to Zonam Zekot to discover the secrets of that world and how it kept the Vong at bay 50 years ago, and from the title of the trilogy I imagine that Vergere's legacy will create a rift in the Jedi Order that will make the Kyp/Luke one look like a friendly disagreement...

I imagine the finale will occur in Coruscant, as the combined forces of the new Galactic Alliance push forwards against a collapsing foe. To restore morale Shimrra needs to sacrifice two twins... will it be Luke and Leia or Jacen and Jaina?

All utter speculation based on reading very brief descriptions about Remnant...

Otonashi
11 January 2003, 09:34 AM
It seems to me that the war will end with a revolution from within the Vong. The lies and brutality of the Vong war machine will last only so long. I believe that they have a very real need to stop fighting because they have overextended themselves. So the Jedi & the shamed ones will topple the war machine. Trouble is, the rest of the galaxy especially the Bothans won’t believe that that is enough. I think that in the end we will see the Jedi tested to see if they are the epic do-gooders that they once were. They will have to protect the Vong and represent them to the new Galactic Confederacy (or whatever the new government is called). The Vong will be allowed to keep Coresant, since the damage is so extensive that it will never be the planet it once was. However they will be forced into making reparations to those systems that they have wronged

Dan Kyrinov
11 January 2003, 02:32 PM
I think that you, Otonashi, have brought in some very significant points. Will it be the Shamed Ones surviving and changing to become part of the galaxy's population? Who will champion the Shamed Ones that I so dearly hope survive the war? Their lives could be incredibly difficult after the war. Bothans and others will hate them to the end. Coruscant is so effectively theirs that it will become a never-healing wound. Nine hundred billion people who were dispatched on camp ships will always begrudge the fact the Vong can never release Coruscant back. Also, there are may warriors who committed horrible acts and later became Shamed. Will the galaxy hunt and sift the Shamed Ones and tear up their social structure?

The Empire and Republic may be united, even after the split and hate between them, for the sake of defeating the Vong. The innocent, indoctrinated Vong (shamed ones) may never be welcome until another threat enters the galaxy, one that forces the Vong to unite with the galaxy. That may take millennia, or may never happen at all.

Just my musings...

CaamasiJedi49
12 January 2003, 12:41 PM
Dan, Otonashi, and RoyalGuard, your words rign a bell in my ears. If anything is too happen in the last few books, they will probably be close to what you say. But, enough of my senseless flattery, time for my opinion. I believe the following events shall occur in the last few books (though probably not in this order).

1) The shamed ones will finally unite against their task masters and lead a social revolt (much like sparticus did) to free themselves from bondage. But, their schemes will at first go unseen, and they shall do little things that will later badly hurt the war machine, like sabitoging the growth of their weapons and ships, slowly down production and construction, and finally forming secret societies bent on freeing themselves.

2) The New Republic, Galactic Confederacy, or the Galactic Alliance (which ever it is) will now shape up its military plans to defeat the Vong. They will probably strike worlds on the edge of their borders that are small time producers, slowly causing their military infastructure to run out of necassary supplies. When the time is right, they will strike at key production facilities and supply depots, create blockades at key trade routes, and attack small fleets that are defending systems(destroying the vongs huge number at a steady rate). Finally after this, they will allie with the empire (after showing them that they can win against the vong), and make a final push against the vong at courscant. They will defeat all military forces in space and the on ground. Any remaining ground forces will be swiftly defeated by the shamed ones (to the surprise of all). And to top it off, luke and/or jacen will go into a showdown with Shirma.

3) Zonama Sekot will probaly help the war effort in some profound way, and same with the chiss, but what that profound way may be is completely beyond my comprehension.

4) The Empire, after defending its borders with the help of luke, etc..., will probably allie with the New Republic. Their role will at first be small, but they will slowly be part of bigger and more important missions, until they do the most important mission of all, help the New Republic fight at coruscant.

Well, these are my words. Sorry to take up so much space, but this is my opinion.

Caamasi Jedi49

Jedi Master Talon
12 January 2003, 02:31 PM
I agree the Shamed Ones will porpably become good but the galaxt will hate them forever and it's quite possiable the Jedi will side with the remaining Vong and the whole war could start up again just because of what the warriors, theshapers and the priests did. It just sounds so sad.