PDA

View Full Version : Starwars-rpg.net Strikes Back!

evan hansen
9 January 2003, 11:51 AM
Hey everyone --

Sometime very shortly, DNS will begin propogation and starwars-rpg.net should become publically viewable again. I've tested it pretty extensively, but there's too much info to hit *every* page on *every* site, so if I missed something, you'll have to let me know! Anyhow, in short, the site should be back up within the next 24 hours for everyone.

WEBMASTERS! -- Please contact me via email (address is listed in my profile on the holonet) to get your email login/password and FTP login/password. For some of you, I only know your starwars-rpg.net addresses which will be pretty ineffective until you get the new password. :) If I have a non-starwars-rpg.net address for you, I'll contact you at that address tonight (EST) to let you know.

Thanks for everyone's patience, and understand that it probably will be another several hours before the site is actually viewable to anyone.

BRodgers
9 January 2003, 12:09 PM
Looking forward to it! Thanks Evan!!!

Nova Spice
9 January 2003, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the update evan; I was becoming a bit worried! :D

evan hansen
11 January 2003, 07:20 AM
*sigh* Naturally, nothing could go perfectly, eh? Tim's been trying to get ahold of VeriSign -- he forgot his name and password. Doh! Anyhow, I think he got ahold of them last night, so it should start propogating now. Tim is sorry for the delay; and I've already scolded him appropriately... with my lightsaber. ;)

Nafai
12 January 2003, 06:35 PM
omg, please drop Verisign. ;)

Chris Curtis
15 January 2003, 06:32 AM
It seems that the domain transfer finally propogated. I'm able to reach the site normally now. So, just so everyone knows, it looks as though things are back to normal finally!

Warlock-Da
15 January 2003, 07:39 AM
Still nothing here :(

BRodgers
15 January 2003, 07:42 AM
I can get on the site without any prolems.

evan hansen
15 January 2003, 07:42 AM
Depending where you live, the site may not yet be viewable to you. It'll take a little while for the transition to be made "in full." I still can't see it even though Chris can, for example.

But the fact that he can get to the site is a big plus. :)

Warlock-Da
15 January 2003, 07:46 AM
Np just normally click through my site links daily and been waiting for starwars-rpg and the online journal to be back ;)

Korpil
15 January 2003, 08:30 AM
Yeah, I can't see it, but that's ok, the propagation on the DNS servers for my new www.korpil.net domain (also at VeriSign) took about 3 full days... :)

Warlock-Da
15 January 2003, 10:17 AM
The site is fianlyl viewable for me ;)

ij thompson
16 January 2003, 11:07 AM
Still nothing, here...

evan hansen
16 January 2003, 03:37 PM
Ack! That's weird. I would have thought everyone could get it by now. I guess it takes a little longer in some areas than others.

Well, rest assured, everyone, that it'll be only a short matter of time before it's seen across the globe. ;)