PDA

View Full Version : Carbondale, IL / SIUC (and surrounding towns) D6 Players?

MoonlightUsagi
10 January 2003, 01:34 PM
I just moved to Carbondale, IL from Nashville, TN area and I played D6 SWRPG with some friends of mine back home and was inquiring to see if there are any d6 players in that area that are also on Holonet. I've not really met anyone around here and thought this would be a good way to get started, so if you are in the area (Marion, Myrphsboro, etc.) within about 25 miles or so, give me a shout out on TsukiakariUsagi on AIM or moonlightusagi@hotmail.com on MSN or just reply here and I'll get back to ya this way :) Hope to find some d6 players soon.

Nafai
11 January 2003, 06:42 AM
I'm in Metropolis, but that's a solid hour away. Of course, then I'd have to start going on 25 hour days to be able to get back into gaming! D'oh!

Seriously though, go down to The Castle Perilous. It's a great gaming shop there in C'Dale and they have regular gaming nights. It'll be max easy to find a group to play.

MoonlightUsagi
11 January 2003, 07:43 AM
I found The Castle Perilious the other day, just before I posted the message in the other forum, D6 General Information I believe it was, and I talked to them there and they basiclly said that all they really have here is D20 players, and I looked through this booklet he had for the Egyptian Games Conference that is going to be held at SIUC at the end of Feb. and it only had D20 players for StarWars so that's why I posted here, I'm not familiar with D20 at all and I don't have the available funding to be going to D20 and getting the core rulebook and new dice and such. I do thank you for the info though :) Glad to know someone reads these things, and knows this area. Ja ne.

Nafai
11 January 2003, 10:13 AM
Wow I guess it's been awhile since I've been up there! ;)

That used to be the only place I'd get WEG D6 books, and they had gaming for just about every system and every genre one could think if, even miniatures.

Oh well. I used to play D6, and I can say that if your only option is to join in on someone else's d20 game, I don't think you'll be disappointed. I mean, honestly, as long as you're not GMing, there's really nothing you have to learn that you can't pick up in your first session. And dice are cheap--you'll need 3-4 of your D6 anyway. Add a d20 die to it, and you can borrow a die for a roll here or there that you don't have. Just stick to blasters and you'll just about always be safe with 6 sided die. :)

MoonlightUsagi
11 January 2003, 10:23 AM
Well it looks as if I'm off to the world of D20 now, oh well. I can always play D6 when I get back to my hometown with my friends there anyway. Thanks for the info.