PDA

View Full Version : AotC: What is that ship?

Wedge in Red2
13 January 2003, 07:00 PM
Hi all,

During the battle at the end of AotC, we see the clone artillery focusing their fire on one large spherical ship trying to take off. What is that ship? Is it the spherical part of the Trade Federation Droid Control ships? I remember the Nemodians made some reference in the War Room to needing to get their ships up into space...and the Starwars.com entry for the droid control ship mentions the spherical part is detachable.

If so, are there stats for them anywhere? I had a look here under Capital Ships, plus in the RCR and SotG. The RCR has stats for a Trade Federation Battleship - do you think the stats would be the same?

Any help is appreciated :).

Thanks,

Jon

Reverend Strone
13 January 2003, 07:30 PM
Can't help you with your rules question there Wedge, but your assessment of the nature of the vessel in question is spot on. That is indeed the core section of a Trade Federation Freighter, as seen in Ep 1. If you take another look at your DVD/Video, you'll notice in the shot of Dooku's ship fleeing Geonosis near the end, in the background you can see the core of at least one freighter docking with its ring.

Wedge in Red2
13 January 2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Reverend Strone
If you take another look at your DVD/Video, you'll notice in the shot of Dooku's ship fleeing Geonosis near the end, in the background you can see the core of at least one freighter docking with its ring.

Ah, my bad. It's been a while since I've watched AotC. I had it on last night, but more as background while I was doing some game prep - wasn't paying attention :).

Thanks,

Jon

Reverend Strone
13 January 2003, 07:52 PM
(Putting on his best Frank Oz voice)-"This one, a long time have I watched...":D