PDA

View Full Version : Thread subscribing?

Korpil
14 January 2003, 10:51 AM
Maybe I've gone blind but I cannot find anywhere how to subscribe to a thread without having to post on it... I remember old "Subscribe to Thread" and "Unsubscribe to thread" buttons on the old interface...

Thanks for your help!

Wedge in Red2
15 January 2003, 12:53 AM
I too noticed this.

I seem to remember the ability to subscribe to a thread vanishing several months ago (perhaps August-ish last year). I know when I first joined you could do it, and I think any threads you were subscribed to you'll still be subscribed to. I was subscribed to the "Origin of those Funky User Names" thread, and every once in a while I would still get an e-mail to tell me there'd been a reply. However I suspect now you can't subscribe to new threads :(.

At the time, I wasn't that worried and I figure it was probably phased out because as a tool it might not have been used often. Of course, that's all conjecture. Someone official can probably clear this up though. Armage (rubs magic lamp), oh Armage, are you in there :D.

Jon

Grimace
16 January 2003, 05:13 PM
I managed to get a hold of Armage and had him take a look at the problem. Seems that something in the system wasn't computing correctly.

It's fixed now, so you should be able to subscribe to threads now. :)

Korpil
16 January 2003, 05:23 PM
Yes, it does work!

Thanks again!!!!

You guys make this site not good, not even great, but EXCELLENT!