PDA

View Full Version : Swag

Jess
14 January 2003, 07:16 PM
why is the SWAG site not working?
I been trying to get it to come up and its not working at all for me...Anyone else having the same prob?

Jedi_Staailis
14 January 2003, 08:04 PM
It's working on my computer. Are you using the new address?

http://www.swagonline.com/

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
14 January 2003, 09:49 PM
It wasn't working for me either around the time that Jess posted, but now it is.

dgswensen
14 January 2003, 11:32 PM
Works for me too.

Maybe the DNS is still being pokey in propogating? (Seems unlikely, but...)

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
15 January 2003, 12:20 AM
No, I just think that the Howling Techs were updating the database since I just a message like - "Where did mySQL server go?"

Dr_Worm
20 January 2003, 03:33 PM
Ah...the server is down already! At least that's what I take to mean when I get the message "Doh...where's my SQL server?"

Nafai
20 January 2003, 03:48 PM
I'm speaking with their tech service right now. It appears to me that another site that we share a physical server with is doing something nasty to mysql and keeps crashing. Unlike other hosts I've dealt with, this one literally responds within seconds, via instant messaging, so hopefully the source to the dirty bird and/or bug with their installation will be discovered and taken care of.

Dr_Worm
20 January 2003, 08:01 PM
Boy Nafai you guys have the worst luck with your neighbors. We all appreciate your effort though.

Nafai
20 January 2003, 08:49 PM
Yeah it sure would be nice to have a dedicated server, but at close to $200-$300 a month, there's no way we could ever do that. We have a hard enough time paying bills as is. ;)

Dr_Worm
20 January 2003, 08:56 PM
Hey man, I posted at swag but I am not sure if you've seen it yet. It's weird, all the forum topics are intact, but the replies are all gone. The list says 19 replies, or something like that, but when you view it there is only the initial fourm. kinda odd.

Nafai
20 January 2003, 09:02 PM
yep, we're aware, but thanks for the note. :)