PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know the Emperor's full name?

LL|Jerk
17 January 2003, 02:31 PM
I was wondering...does anyone know the Emperor's full name?

wow this is a short post

Corr Terek
17 January 2003, 02:39 PM
I have heard that it is Cos Palpatine, but I'm not sure

Paul Klein
17 January 2003, 02:43 PM
Cos is correct.

I think his middle name is Frank... B)

LL|Jerk
17 January 2003, 02:47 PM
wow. but...frank? isnt that a little to earth-sounding?

and where did u get this info? what book?

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
17 January 2003, 03:10 PM
Well, Cos Da×××× was an early name for the Emperor in one of Lucas' first drafts of the saga.

Jericho_Narcas
17 January 2003, 04:04 PM
I could have sworn his name was Augustus Palpatine in the radio plays. I remember thinking "Augustus?!?"

Sabre
17 January 2003, 04:07 PM
One of my players speculated that the Emperor's real name was Phil. I'm not sure if he had a good reason for believing that, but he seemed very convinced and would always refer to overthrowing Phil from then on.

mojo1701
17 January 2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Sabre:

One of my players speculated that the Emperor's real name was Phil. I'm not sure if he had a good reason for believing that, but he seemed very convinced and would always refer to overthrowing Phil from then on.

I have a friend named Phil. I like that name. I had my PCs refer to an NPC of mine as "Phil".

Rigil Kent
17 January 2003, 10:32 PM
I particularly like the name Phil seeing as to how my real name IS Phil. :D

Hmmm, Phil Palpatine. Has a good ring to it.

As to the actual question at hand, AFAIK, Mr. Lucas has not OFFICIALLY revealed what Palpy's full name is.

Rogue Janson
18 January 2003, 04:48 AM
Maybe it'll be a big plot point in epIII. So it's revealed and everyone goes "OMG, if we'd know he was called 'Slayer of the Innocent and Murderer of the Jedi Palpatine, we would never have elected him chancellor!"

darkvet
18 January 2003, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by Rogue Janson
"OMG, if we'd know he was called 'Slayer of the Innocent and Murderer of the Jedi Palpatine, we would never have elected him chancellor!" LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!
Just think all the bloodshed that would have been saved if someone had just checked the records for his birth certificate!!

Anyway my vote is For Phil Frank Palpatine, has a certain ring to it. And he could have the cool monogram PfP on his bathrobes :p

mojo1701
18 January 2003, 07:58 AM
Imagine if the citizens of the Empire called him Emperor Phil.

Or Frank.

Jaggard
18 January 2003, 09:01 AM
Hello my name is Mr. Palpatine, I believe you have a letter for me.
Okay Mr. Palpatine What's your first name?
I don't know.
(brought to you by the letters Homer)

Rogue Janson
18 January 2003, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by mojo1701
Imagine if the citizens of the Empire called him Emperor Phil.

Or Frank.

Well precisely, why do you think no-one knows his first name?
I see a roleplaying campaign coming together based around discovering and exposing the Emperor's first name...

Krad-edis
18 January 2003, 09:41 AM
Anyone who has seen "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" knows about Tim the Enchanter. I thought that scene was hilarious (pretty much like the whole movie), so I used the same thing

I've used Tim Palpatine in an earlier campaign. It was one of Palpatine's most guarded secrets in the campaign, and actually was one of the things the players got on the Emperor (from one of the Dark Side advisors that they captured). :)

Player: We know who you are slimebag. You are one of the Imperial advisors, and I bet you have information that we would love to have.

Dark Side Advisor: I know who the Emperor is.

Player: Well, spill it!

Dark Side Advisor: Some call him..........Tim.

Player:?????

Of course the guy could have been lying, but I thought it was hilarious to throw at my players.

They certainly never got close enough to the Emperor or would dare try to confront him about his name if they did.

mojo1701
18 January 2003, 10:06 AM
I can also see a fox special on this topic: Joe Emperor

20 Aliens from around the Republic have been invited to Coruscant to win the trust of the Supreme Chancellor.

But things aren't always what they seem.

Joe Emperor. Coming this fall on FOX.