PDA

View Full Version : The New Republic's Reaction to the Emperor's Rebrith in the NJO Era

LL|Jerk
21 January 2003, 07:59 AM
If the Emperor had a 3rd rebirth in the NJO era, during the invasion of the Yuuzhan Vong, what do you think that the New Republic's reaction would be?

And how do you think that the Emperor would be changed (if at all)?

CaamasiJedi49
21 January 2003, 04:24 PM
In my opinion, the New Republic may, and I say may, just leave him alone if he doesn't become a nuisance while they fight the Vong. But that is highly improbable, and they would probly get rid of him as soon as possible. Now for number 2, he would probly been completely insane since he would have been dead a long time, and being cut off from the world for too long does freaky things to people. But this is what I think, its not the true answer for you to follow.

Caamasi Jedi49

ElfWord
21 January 2003, 06:56 PM
Luke Skywalker would be revealed as the Emperor's 5th cousin's sister's daughter's 3rd cousin, Palpatine would train an apprentice, Darth Loserous, who would eventually betray the Emperor and die after being redeemed by Jacen Solo while Jaina Solo blows up the Emperor's Earlobe with a proton torpedo to the single vulnerable point. The new Republic senate doesn't care and lables the Jedi as disturbers of the peace, and calls the humans who defeated Palpatine xenophobic and discriminatory.

Nova Spice
21 January 2003, 08:28 PM
Luke Skywalker would be revealed as the Emperor's 5th cousin's sister's daughter's 3rd cousin, Palpatine would train an apprentice, Darth Loserous, who would eventually betray the Emperor and die after being redeemed by Jacen Solo while Jaina Solo blows up the Emperor's Earlobe with a proton torpedo to the single vulnerable point. The new Republic senate doesn't care and lables the Jedi as disturbers of the peace, and calls the humans who defeated Palpatine xenophobic and discriminatory.

Wow, that sums up what I was thinking too! Watch out for those Emperor's Earlobes...and you thought Death Stars were bad! :D

LL|Jerk
22 January 2003, 06:52 AM
i think that i have to agree with Caamasi, that it depends on what Palpatine decides to do if he had another rebirth.

I never understood why the Empire was anti-alien...i just think that Lucas needed to make the Empre really evil like Hitler or something for no apparent reason...

DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY NON-HUMANS THERE ARE IN THE GALAXY!?

Palpatine would have to be insane from the start if he thought he could kill all the aliens in the galaxy...

and ya think that old Palpy would have learned his lesson after losing to Skywalker and Company a hundered times and just left them alone...

Jedi Master Talon
4 February 2003, 02:59 PM
My guess is that he would keep himselve quite as the Empire's hidden leader or he'd build his own again and get killed fairly quickly. The New Republic would do something but not as much because Palphitine has basically nothing to work with.

LL|Jerk
5 February 2003, 06:46 AM
Personally i would have to think that Palpatine would just keep his powers hidden (just like he did throughout the movies), and try and work his way back into a seat of power (as the New Republic's next Chief of State? :D)...

There is no doubt in my mind that Palpatine is powerful enough to accomplish this, you have to consider that the ENTIRE Jedi council could not see him for what he truly was.

Still not sure about what he'd do about the Vong tho...probably form some sort of temporary alliance with them, and after the New Republic was finished, he'd probably go after the Vong as well.

I personally think that Palpatine would be a changed man. I don't think that he'd annihilate everyone who got in his way, I think that he'd learn a little humility and respect for the power of the Jedi and just make any Jedi that came after him forget everything that they found out about him.

Plus considering the NJO's ongoing theme (the destruction of 3/4 of the Known Galaxy by numberless alien invaders? COME ON!), I don't think that making Palpatine still alive would be that big of a deal in the NJO era...

In an adventure in which the PCs are going up against the Peace Brigade, and they're losing, i think that it'd be sweet if the Great One himself came to their rescue...

Pel
5 February 2003, 10:04 PM
Remains of the NR Council: definitely wig out & order Wedge on some suicide mission to "finally" kill Palpy.

Imperial Remnant: much rejoicing followed by tons of grovelling, political maneuvering, etc. Or Pelaeon could just shoot Palpy for taking his sweet time getting back to business.

Fringe: 'Hap-py Days Are Here A-gain!' All sorts of opportunities for an up-and-coming smuggler.

Jedi: Mara & Leia would lose it, & try to kill Palpy. Luke would be cautious, & Kyp would finally have someone with whom to compare Sith stories with.

The real question is how many of the galaxy's starving and huddled masses would flock to a reborn Palpatine in the hopes of avoiding annihilation or worse at the hands of the Vong?

LL|Jerk
8 February 2003, 07:54 PM
eariler in this thread i said how completely illogical it was for the empire to adopt an anti-alien agenda...and now i've figured it out...

THE EMPEROR HATED ALIENS BECAUSE HE WAS LOOKING FOR AN EXCUSE TO KILL JAR JAR BINKS

Realistically it is completely impossible for the Empire to be anti-alien. I just think that George Lucas needed to make the Empire sound "just evil" for no real reason.

Wow, the Emperor sounds alot like Hitler to me...

Pel
9 February 2003, 06:43 PM
Yup, Palpatine and his Imperial juggernaut were directly patterned from the horrors of the Third Reich. Their extreme xenophobic attitude and use of "stormtroopers" are prime examples. Even the basic cut of the Imperial officers' uniforms is reminiscent of 1940's era German uniforms.

So, if the Emperor were suddenly reborn into a stable clone or host, then tons of people would begin to have a long series of very bad days.

LL|Jerk
10 February 2003, 08:14 AM
well i think it might be kind of interesting if that "host" just happened to be a non-human, like a Mon Cal or maybe a Rodian. The Emperor would then realize that there isn't much difference between humans and non-humans after all and stop discriminating against aliens...

Besides, I always wanted to see Wookie Stormtroopers...:D

If the Emperor wasn't anti-alien, the Rebellion never would have come to be, because nobody would have really cared about the change in government, as far as the rest of the galaxy is concerned Palpatine gave the galaxy just what it needed...a strong military and relative peace...all this BS about Palpatine being anti-alien is just that, BS...ya think that Lucas could have come up with something original for a change...

and if the emperor is just after pure power, in his next rebirth, you think that he'd meditate/grow more powerful for a REALLY long time, at least until Luke Skywalker is really old or just dead from old age...then old Palpatine could come back and nobody would recognize him for what he really is, just like in Episodes 1 & 2...

he||, he could probably start his own Sith Academy...

Vreel Kudarin
10 February 2003, 01:27 PM
It's not as unbelievable as you might think that the Emperor was xenophobic. Humans have spread to nearly every corner of the SW galaxy, and their number is perhaps as great as there are members of all other species combined. It says this much in the RCRB, and in several other sources. It fits in with why you see so many Humans in SW (yes I know non-Human characters are harder to empathise with :), and that alien realisation was not as easy in the classic trilogy).

Partly due to Humanity's love of exploration and mass colonisation, the ideal came about that saw Humans as superior to other races. Humanity's constant desire to expand and proliferate meant that it was only about half of the galaxy's population that was automatically treated like bantha dung.

This, and the fact that although certain races were exterminated, Palpatine didn't actually want to kill all non-humans, he just enslaved those that were most marginal (aestheically displeasing to the New Order) or strong (labour) for instance. Most non-humans were simply treated as second-class citizens.

QWERTY
12 March 2003, 04:43 AM
Palpatine would build a godly sized plated ship to compensate for his lack of man hood. And take atemper tantrum when yuuzhan vong fail to complie and blow his own ship up again

Qwerty

Soontide
22 March 2003, 10:42 PM
If good old Plapy showed back up now, it would most definately destabalize what the NR has done so far. Many people feared the empire, but it was a symbol of strenght. I believe that alot of worlds would side with the empire if they just began to cause a real problem to the Vong. Plapy would see this to be the case, have to Moff council disbanded (ie. slaughtered) and go on a campaign of destruction.

He would use the Chiss in this as much as he could. You might wonder, "why would ole xenophobic Palpy side with the alien Chiss?"
well, its easy. cannon fodder. you put the chiss out front and watch them slaughter the equally alien Vong. Then, when its all over, Palpy is the savior of the galaxy, the heros of the rebellion are hunted down as terrorists and it all starts again. (maybe a new series of books. THE NEW REBELLION ERA!)

Nova Spice
23 March 2003, 07:50 AM
Then, when its all over, Palpy is the savior of the galaxy, the heros of the rebellion are hunted down as terrorists and it all starts again. (maybe a new series of books. THE NEW REBELLION ERA!)

If this happened, I think we can all safely say that the Star Wars book industry would go bankrupt in a few days. ;) No more Palpatine coming back and ruling the galaxy. I think the whole "villain back from the dead" scenario has been beat to death, kinda like the "superweapon" of the week craze that plagued the Bantam novels.