PDA

View Full Version : Who is Master Syphideous

Darth Fury
23 January 2003, 06:07 PM
Who exactly is Master Syphideous(???spelling???), he is mentioned in AoTC during Obi-Wan's visit to Kamino. But, nothing is said about him except that he died 10 years previously. Any info/sources would be hot.

Durian Keldrona
23 January 2003, 06:26 PM
My Guess is that he is Sidious but Obi Wan Thought they were refering to darth maul, and was playing along.

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
23 January 2003, 06:36 PM
There appearently was a Jedi Master named Sifo-Dyas that sat on the Jedi Council before the Battle of Naboo. However, as Kenobi noted in AotC, Sifo-Dyas was killed before he could have made the order for the clones on behalf of the Republic. So what this leaves me to believe is that Old Sid got all dressed up like a Jedi, cruised over to Kamino, and placed the order as Sifo-Dyas (which I'd put money on Old Sid having something to do with the guy's death just so he could make this work).

Nafai
23 January 2003, 06:44 PM
Actually, Sifo-Dyas (spelling courtesy of the AotC novelization and the subtitles on the DVD) was part of the Jedi order and did actually die a little more than 10 years before AotC, or around the time of Phantom Menace. Based on the conversations and timeline, we can gather that he died very shortly before the order was put in to build the clone army.

Who went to the Kaminoans and claimed to be Sifo-Dyas is a mystery that won't be cleared up until Ep 3. Was it Sidious? Did Sidious send Dooku? Was it someone else? Either way, Sidious capitalized on the fact that this Jedi was recently deceased, so if the Clone Army order was ever discovered, there would be no trace to anyone. A dead Jedi is a dead end, and there would be no trail to follow.

If Jango hadn't also been hired to take out Amidala, the Council would likely have never discovered the existence of the army.

Darth Fury
23 January 2003, 08:00 PM
I had the same gut-instinct about Sidious but no Info to back it up.

Thanks guys!!B)

hisham
27 January 2003, 03:59 AM
My opinion on the Sido-Dyas situation: I think there is a traitor in the Jedi Council

This character did all the things that Obi-Wan uncovered:

1) Order the Clone Army from Kamino under Sifo-Dyas' name.
2) Murdered Master Sifo-Dyas.
3) Erased Kamino from the Jedi Archives.

Think about it: who among the council spoke the most against the obvious in the two movies?

"I do not believe they could have returned without us knowing."

"Our intelligence points to disgruntled spice miners, on the moons of Naboo."

"You know, M'Lady, Count Dooku was once a Jedi. He wouldn't assassinate anyone, it is not in his character."

And who led a Jedi strike force on Geonosis into a tactically inferior position where they were easily cut down in droves by battle droids???

Yeah, I know. This is all speculation with lots of plot holes, but still... I think it'd be cool if it turned out HE was the traitor.

Jim Williams
27 January 2003, 04:14 AM
And let's remember something else that traitorous scum Mace said...

"I can assure you the Jedi Council had nothing to do with ordering a clone army." (while secretly thinking "However, I had everything to do with it.")
Can't make a Sense Motive check when someone's telling the truth.

Darth Fury
27 January 2003, 11:39 AM
Very intriguing, conspiracy thoery! Couple that with GL promising Mace(SJ) would go out with a bang and not with a wimper...:raised:

Jericho_Narcas
27 January 2003, 02:44 PM
Why do so many people think Mace is going to turn out to be a traitor?

Codym
27 January 2003, 03:21 PM
I don't believe Mace is a traitor, and I do doubt he ordered the clones. But I do believe he knew about them, and he is the one who deleted Kamino from the Jedi Archives.

At this point in time, I suspect Palpatine himself ordered the clones, posing as the recently deceased Sypho Dias.

Darth Fury
27 January 2003, 06:53 PM
I don't really believe Mace is evil, I just like to stir up trouble!!

What can I say???
<b><i>Am I Evil??</b></i>
<b><i>Yes I Am!!!</b></i>

Zakzahn
27 January 2003, 06:55 PM
I don't think that Sidious ordered the clones personally, he probably got Tyranus, or someone else to do it. He seems to me to be the type that gets others to do his "Dirty" work (except in Ep. 6, and look where that got him).

Jim Williams
28 January 2003, 04:53 AM
"I do not believe the Sith could have returned without our knowing it."

Palaptine graciously inquires whether an "old friend" perhaps Master Kenobi (and hos oh so important padawan, of course) might be available to protect Amidala. And who jumps right in there in perfect, choreographed timing? Mace: "That can be arranged. He's just returned from a border dispute on Ansion."

While Mace certainly is not Sifo-Dyas (which is a really cool name), I beleive he is so thoroughly wrapped up in the plot machinations he'd need an extra arm and three lightsabers to cut himself free.

Traitor Mace must die. Burnin's too good for him. He should be chopped up into little bitty pieces and fed to an Acklay.

Jericho_Narcas
28 January 2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by hisham
My opinion on the Sido-Dyas situation: I think there is a traitor in the Jedi Council

This character did all the things that Obi-Wan uncovered:

1) Order the Clone Army from Kamino under Sifo-Dyas' name.
2) Murdered Master Sifo-Dyas.
3) Erased Kamino from the Jedi Archives.

Couldn't Dooku have done all this right before he left the order? It never says when Kamino got erased from the archives -- nobody even knew it was gone until they tried to look for it. It just seems pretty obvious to me.

As for Mace being a traitor -- there are only two Sith at any given time, and Mace Windu isn't one of them. Besides, we've all seen the original trilogy, and we know how this is going to turn out. Our golden boy Anakin is going to be the one who falls to the Dark Side. Mace (unfortunately) is just gonna fall.

Darth Fury
28 January 2003, 06:30 PM
There may onlt be two Sith but the Emperor had several Hands, Inquisitors, Dark Jedi, Jedi Hunters, and numerous other minions. Obviously he had Dukoo waiting in the wings to take Lord Mauls place. Why is it so hard to believe that Mace isn't in the same position?

Codym
28 January 2003, 06:40 PM
Palpatine did not have Dooku waiting in the wings. Dooku only found out about Sideous and the return of the Sith after Nute Gunray's trial - well after Maul's death. As for Hands, Devotees etc, they don't exsist in the movies, so have very little relevence. If anything, Mace is an innocent dupe who has been convinced by Palpatine that the Republic needs an army to protect itself, and that Yoda would never allow such a thing. Mace is no dark Jedi.

Jaggard
29 January 2003, 09:19 AM
I have it on good authority that Sifo-Dyas is a woman who has retreated to a small planet and taken up acting under a similar name (Cameron Diaz)