PDA

View Full Version : Shadows of the Empire?

Trandoshan Jedi
27 January 2003, 12:08 PM
Are there any sourcebooks or resource websites i can go to to get information on the Black Sun and the minions who work under Xisor?

Armadious
27 January 2003, 02:25 PM
WEG put out three books that may help;

Shadows of the Empire sourcebook

Shadows of the Empire planet guide

Secrets of the Sisar run (adventures that involve Black Sun)

I do not know If WotC has put out any yet.

Trandoshan Jedi
27 January 2003, 03:15 PM
where can you find these sourcebooks?

Jericho_Narcas
27 January 2003, 04:04 PM
Your best bets would be online hobby shops, ebay, or a used book store.

Trandoshan Jedi
27 January 2003, 05:54 PM
k thanks

Dan Stack
27 January 2003, 06:37 PM
If memory serves, WotC covered it a little bit in "The Rebellion Era Sourcebook"

Sherman Shipyards
27 January 2003, 10:27 PM
If memory serves, WotC covered it a little bit in "The Rebellion Era Sourcebook"

The Rebellion Era Sourcebook has a chapter called, strangelly enough, "Shadows of the Empire" (chapter 4). The pages that havethe most to do with Black Sun are pg.122-128.

If you haven't already, have a look at the Offical Star Wars Databank (http://www.starwars.com/databank/).

Pel
10 February 2003, 06:56 PM
The Shadows of the Empire video game also gives a little insight into the story. Doesn't really flesh it out in regards to plot, but it does a fine job of putting a face with the name (and you get to fight Boba Fett :D )

Ardent
10 February 2003, 10:22 PM
The SotE video game is probably the most underappreciated Star Wars game I own. And it's my favorite. It was ground-breaking as a console shooter/sim. Not to mention enthralling character portrayals and a well-devised storyline.

My only low point is that Hard is actually harder than Jedi. Jedi is relatively simple if you've got decent reflexes, while Hard is just impossible. Wampa on Jedi: about two dozen shots. Wampa on Hard: about two dozen shots SQUARED. Aside from that though, no serious complaints aside from the usual console form (no bug fixes, not as reponsive as mouse/keyboard setup, etc). ;)

But I digress, it's a very good source of information about that time period and about the Dash Rendar character in specific.

Nova Spice
11 February 2003, 07:14 AM
I believe there was also a SOTE: Evolution comic series. I personally never read it, but there might be some useful information in those books too. ;)

The information in the Rebellion Era Sourcebook is limited, granting information and stats on Prince Xizor and some of his Vigos. Personally I was disappointed in that there was no mention of Dash Rendar and there was an obvious lack in the story department. They left out huge chunks of the plot and IMO, didn't cover that story very well.

Anyway, check out the SOTE video game, which, as Ardent said, grants some very good insight into the Black Sun plotline. B)

Korpil
11 February 2003, 07:31 AM
Also while I haven't finished it, I've seen bits and pieces of information on Black Sun in the Coruscant and the Core Worlds sourcebook. There is something on the Coruscant entry and also on another planet whose name I can't remember right now where a Black Sun ruler built a fortress before being assassinated by Darth Maul.

Nova Spice
11 February 2003, 08:40 AM
Ralltiir is the planet you're thinking of Korpil. There is a huge map in the Ralltiir section of a Black Sun Fortress. I'm reading it right now! :D

Pel
11 February 2003, 07:35 PM
This comic series had an interesting plot hook: Guri decided she didn't want to be an assassin anymore, and sought out someone to reprogram her (only the most sophisticated droid ever produced). Meanwhile all sorts of old enemies crop up, and force her to choose between her new path and the old. I liked it. :)

Ardent
11 February 2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Pel
This comic series had an interesting plot hook: Guri decided she didn't want to be an assassin anymore, and sought out someone to reprogram her (only the most sophisticated droid ever produced). Meanwhile all sorts of old enemies crop up, and force her to choose between her new path and the old. I liked it. :)

I forgot I had it. <thwap self> Yeah, BTW guys the end is a real shocker. Snag a copy, you won't be disappointed if you were a SotE fan.

Trandoshan Jedi
12 March 2003, 06:06 PM
Thanks for all the help guys!:sabersml:

Jedi Master Talon
25 March 2003, 09:12 AM
I heard someone here is making an Underworld sourcebook I just can't remeber who is though.

Nova Spice
25 March 2003, 01:04 PM
Talon Razor GM, Elfword, Dan Kyrinov, myself, and many others are all working on the Underworld Sourcebook. I'm responsible for the Pirates section and so far, with submissions from Talon and Jake Sunspot, along with outstanding artwork by KC Kamas and Isaac James, the UWSB is moving along great! :D

I hope the project continues to move along, as it is an exciting addition to the RPG. ;)

Treefrog
28 March 2003, 11:34 AM
Underworld Sourcebook?

Do you have an estimated time of arrival?

Nova Spice
30 March 2003, 09:25 AM
Unfortunately Treefrog, we've yet to establish a date for publishing. We are, however, preparing a preview chapter that Talon will be putting on the Holonet. It will have a little something from every section. And rest assured, we've got a heck of a lot of material for this project. Its going to be massive! ;)

Crymoon
1 April 2003, 06:56 AM
Do you need any kind of help with that Sourcebook that an inexperienced but willing guy can do?

And that's no Fool's Day message... :D

Ronen Tal-Ravis
1 April 2003, 02:43 PM
Will the book cover d6, d20 or both?

Nova Spice
2 April 2003, 08:32 PM
Do you need any kind of help with that Sourcebook that an inexperienced but willing guy can do?

If you're interested in helping out, contact Talon Razor GM or Elfword. I'm only a Section Editor and thus cannot make decisions to bring someone else onto the team. ;)

Will the book cover d6, d20 or both?

Good question. Our plans right now are for both systems. There are still many devoted D6ers on the Holonet and elsewhere, meaning that it would not make for a good idea to exclude one group from the other. I believe Troy Henist is heading up the D6 part of the project. B)

Trandoshan Jedi
16 April 2003, 07:42 AM
Cool. Thanks for everyone's help

King Chewie
13 May 2003, 10:08 AM
I dont know of any but if you find one i would like to kow it shadows of the empire was a great book:?

Korpil
13 May 2003, 11:56 AM
The novel or the sourcebooks?