PDA

View Full Version : Two questions concerning Tatooine

Armadious
27 January 2003, 07:28 PM
First, what were the ships seen docked during the initial arrival on Tatooine?

Next:
In Secrets of Tatooine there is mention of two moons. Yet in EP 2 there appear to be 3 (When Anakin is about to jump down into the tuskan camp). Is the third a moon or something else?

Rogue Janson
28 January 2003, 03:20 AM
That's no moon ...
etc...

cartographer
28 January 2003, 04:08 AM
Yeah I noticed the three moons in AOTC also, and it was shortly after I had looked up info in Secrets of Tatooine. All sources other than AOTC list two moons. Maybe the gas giant Ohann is large enough and close enough to appear as a small moon in the night sky.

Lord Kjeran
28 January 2003, 06:51 AM
Chello!

Good save, cartographer!

Tony

Faraer
28 January 2003, 07:55 AM
The ships are a Gozanti cruiser (Sold to independent merchants throughout the galaxy, the slow but powerful Gozanti cruiser defends valuable cargo vessels from piracy and theft) and a Taylander shuttle (Sentients of all corners of the galaxy use the mass-produced Taylanders to reach their destinations). Named in the TCG and in the Episode II depth commentary on the web.

The fix for the moons thing is in "Inside Attack of the Clones: Tusken Raider encampment" in Star Wars Insider #62:
Tatooine has only two moons in near-circular orbits: Ghomrassen and Guermessa. The third moon, Chenini, is in a highly elliptical orbit around Tatooine and at apogee is over 4 million miles away, making it a periodic visitor rather than a steady companion. Short-term visitors to Tatooine might see no trace of Chenini, and it has thus been overlooked in cursory surveys, leading to incorrect moon tallies in some astronomical data tables."
cartographer, that's a great site you've got.

cartographer
28 January 2003, 08:05 AM
Faraer,

Thanks for the compliment on the site. It's still really rough, but I plan to keep working on it to make it a site that many will find valuable.

Thanks for the quote from Star Wars Insider. I try not to miss important info like that, but there's just so much. I will add that info to my site very soon.

Armadious
28 January 2003, 05:08 PM
Cool - thanks a bundle for that information... Perhaps I will use a wayward moon for my next adventure...

Is there anymore information on the shuttles?

Faraer
30 January 2003, 08:45 AM
The only other information on those ships is the numbers on the TCG cards. We can probably say

Gozanti cruiser
(TCG: Speed 10, power 5, health 6; build cost 6)
http://www.wizards.com/swtcg/images/aotc/gozanti_cruiser.jpg
Length: 50 m
Sublight speed: 30 MGLT (Cruising)
Hyperdrive: x2
Armaments: Hefty
Hull/shields: Hefty

Taylander shuttle
(TCG: Speed 20, power 2, health 2; build cost 2)
http://www.wizards.com/swtcg/images/aotc/taylander_shuttle.jpg
Length: 50 m
Sublight speed: 40 MGLT (Cruising)
Hyperdrive: x2
Armaments: Minimal
Hull/shields: Minimal